PDA

View Full Version : FMIC - wanted.. can you guys help me out?

carlosfandango
01-08-2005, 09:57 PM
looking to buy a fmic for the 185. as big as possible i guess. was wondering if you guys know of any good USA fabricators who also do a pipe kit for the 185, the way the to the $ is right now, it could be cheaper to get one shipped over..

Toyota_Todd
01-08-2005, 10:15 PM
Chris with the Shuttle was making up a nice kit. He starts with a Greddy Integra FMIC kit and mods it to suit our cars. Don't recall exact pricing, but David Gibson was the guinia pig. Try to either get a hold of Chris or David Gibson for further details.

see Chris's site: www.turbocelica.com

go to link: For Sale:FMIC kit for '90-93 Toyota Celica all-trac/GT4 (ST185)

Smaay
01-08-2005, 10:20 PM
http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2848&highlight=fmic

check out this thread

www.atsracing.net

Mike431635
01-08-2005, 10:48 PM
About as big as you can go with the FMIC is 30x24x3 with the CS bumper.

This guy has one in those dimensions, and it looks very good (click thumbnails for big pics):
http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/album_personal.php?user_id=683

carlosfandango
01-08-2005, 11:14 PM
does $269.99 sound a good price for 24x12x4?

waiting on shipping costs.

cant seem to find a specific pipe kit..

Classique71
01-09-2005, 02:06 AM
im using a 600 x 300 x 75 MM hybrid core with GTR style end tanks behind a CS bumper .. ( 3 inch outlet )

This is on a standard 185 with CS panels - So far ive found the following hitches

You need to remodel/relocate power steering fluid cooler - mine fouls against the back of the core

You need to rim the centre support brace that comes off where the bonnet clips down to give height clearance ..

you need to remove some of the lower undertray material .

I had planned to clock the turbo but i wont be doingf this now in favour of waiting for the turbo upgrade i plan later this year

Piping route will go as following - off turbo - 2 x 2 inch 90 deg bends in Mild steel - to lead down beside water reservoir for radiator ( this may need reclocating ) This also requires removal / relcoatrion of the battery and fuse box - and is also ideal if you plan a semi straight intake setup

From the two inch pipe leading downwards ill then adapt int 2.5 inch pipe - leading into the intercooler via 2 more ninety degree bends ( one to point pipe forward of the car - then one turningleft from front of car into intercooler via a 3 inch silicon adaptor

Thru intercooler - Exiting once again by a right hand 90 back torawd the engine bay - then another 90 upward past Aircon hose , and between alternator and dumpy ( this pipe will DEFINANALY need to be shielded from heat )

From there - 90ish to go over the top - then into the intake Via a 2.5 inch Group A inlet manifold adaptor

this top pipe make need some massaging to bend correctly - its yet to be jigged out

All pipes will Be HPC treated all joins done via tig welds or silicon adaptors

Pics to come a Soon

Stuart

CelicaGT4
01-09-2005, 02:07 AM
4 inches thick is going to be a tight fit I think...maybe go down to 3 1/2 in. or even 3 in. would be plenty.

Conrad_Turbo
01-09-2005, 03:19 AM
4 inches thick is going to be a tight fit I think...maybe go down to 3 1/2 in. or even 3 in. would be plenty.

4" thick would be a waste, frontal surface area is much more important than going from say a 3" thickness to a 4" thickness. Because the gains (intake charge temp) get smaller as the thickness increases.

carlosfandango
01-10-2005, 03:38 AM
guys, you are all great.many thanks

CarlB
02-03-2005, 12:19 AM
hey there carlos... good to see ya been thinking of this my self ive mailed chris at st185@sbcglobal.net , he does complete kits for st185, even mailed me a few pics of his and another black one, think its the one in the thumbnails above, if you pm your email addy ill send em ya, ill be getting one in around 3 weeks, do you fancy spliting the shipping??

InitialD93
02-03-2005, 03:17 AM
here u go

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2520