PDA

View Full Version : FW > MR cornering?

T-spoon
05-02-2006, 04:03 AM
No.. not really.. but we kind of knew that already.

I guess it's the time of year, I don't know, I just got the urge to screw with someone on the way home from a movie tonight. A newer model neon with chrome wheels sort of became the target. They were beside and a little in front of me on the road and kept speeding up just enough to stay ahead of me, so I dropped to third and left them a little ways back, slowed back down and of course they came up on me, left them again. Near my house there's a large flat cloverleaf with 180 degree corners. I always test my cars there when I get them to see how they do. Well, turns out the Neon just happened to be going my way, rode my bumper into the corner (I always slow way down and start on the high outside of the curve) so they moved to the inside to zoom by. The mrS casually destroyed them, taking the inside several car lengths ahead of them through the middle and exiting the corner at probably +20mph, I was on the straight for a good three second count before their headlights turned parallel. As I waited at the light to turn left, they very quietly made a right.

Yes, I know, that's not really a race, it wasn't even an SRT-4, and the mrS is not a "fast" car, but when you can exit fairly tight 180s at 60+mph, it can still be enjoyable. Heck, my alltrac didn't have the exit speed the mrS does, and I'm scared to push it.

=cJ=
05-03-2006, 06:09 AM
Haha, I love doing that, nice one spoon :D

Had the pleasure of seeing a honda accord understeer its way across the road trying to keep up with me on a corner, was funny as all hell :D

Playfortoday
05-03-2006, 03:19 PM
I have heard that the little 2 is like it is on rails. Modified suspension vs. modified suspension, how do you think the MR-S would do against an NA Miata?

PS. Update that siggy!!! I got confused about your car status until I look at the :Rides:" category. :hehe:

T-spoon
05-03-2006, 03:51 PM
That I couldn't tell ya, I've never been up against a miata in anything. I have, however, seen them in action on an autox course and seen them run the most consistant times of anything on the field. Top Gear actually had a cheap roadster head-to-head, spyder, miata and some fwd italian thing. I don't remember how they all stacked up. Mine is 100% stock (non sportivo I think), I think against a miata it's probably going to come down to drivers, tire condition, etc. All just conjecture on my part without the experience, heh.

I'll get the sig updated, I actually took a couple pics but the camera ran out of juice so they aren't on the computer yet.

Morwan
05-05-2006, 03:03 AM
I have heard that the little 2 is like it is on rails. Modified suspension vs. modified suspension, how do you think the MR-S would do against an NA Miata?

Stock for stock, the MR-S would definitely hang with any Miata; an MR-S got 3rd in C-Stock (Which is the Miata-dominated class) at Solo 2 nationals. Modified vs. Modified, the miata would probably win because of the larger aftermarket: while the Miata has a cult following in AutoX, the MR-S only had a cult following among hairdressers and people hitting mid-life crisis.