PDA

View Full Version : 7a to 5s swap

rzanology
04-27-2006, 05:53 AM
is there a write up some where on the 7a to 5s swap in a 6 gen? i cant seem to find one.

angryyoungnpoor
04-27-2006, 06:23 AM
There aren't really write up's for any of our swaps as most of the time they're quite different. as for your swap.. You'll need the engine, harness, tranny, motor mounts, and everything else that required to run the engine.

I don't think anything is reusable with a swap like that.

What's the reason for the swap?

4thgenceli
04-27-2006, 04:10 PM
WIth you doing a A-series to S-series engine, you'll have to basiclly redo the engine compartment completely. The A-series and S-series have diff. mounts (like he said before me) as well as of course wiring, ECU, motor, and the 5s tranny.

rzanology
04-27-2006, 05:48 PM
im having the swap now....and there is so much thats diffrent between the two. even though i had a whole front clip there is still alot to be done. Im going to set up a 5stfe.

TheNefariousOne
04-27-2006, 06:42 PM
For the money you're prolly gonna spend swapping and turboing the 5s you almost definitely could have swapped a 3sgte. I'd imagine it might even be easier to swap the 3sgte then go through all the work associated with swapping AND turboing the 5s. To each their own I guess tho.

Happy trails. :)

TNO