PDA

View Full Version : CTECH Storytelling: Alltracman78

Playfortoday
04-24-2006, 04:24 PM
A little back-story... Alltracman78(Jeremy) came to my house to help me clean up some issue on my car since:

A) He is a far better and more talented mechanic than me.
B) I am a cripple.
C) He has cooler tools than me.
D) He has a secret crush on me and wanted to make Luni jealous.
E) He is an awesome guy that donated many hours to helping out a fellow Celica owner in need.

I was able to clean up a laundry list of stuff that has accumulated over the last two years due to one very bad mechanic swapping a short block for me. He broke more than he fixed. Now, aside for a non-working clutch switch that I disabled to install a remote start, the car is basically perfect. Thanks Jeremy.

Now a little about Jeremy. If he had wings, he would master vertical flight. I have never seen a guy so energetic in my life. His energy spills into everything he does from his work to the way he talks to his general outlook on life. It is hard not to feel good when you are around the guy. His energy is almost contagious.

The only time he ever slows down is for eating and drinking. This is serious business for him. A guy as energetic as him has a big demand to stay fueled, and understandably so. The energy doesn't come from nothing. Now, Jeremy is pretty picky, but I totally understand because I am the same way about what I eat and drink. On his last night at my place, my wife suggested pizza. Jeremy required a pineapple and pepperoni pizza. (Ick and Ew!) However, I was indebted to the man, so pineapple and pepperoni it would be. I got my own pizza(haha), and he and my wife had some of the monstrosity that Jeremy thinks is a pizza. Now, Jeremy also has a drink requirement... copious amounts of OJ. We typically don't drink OJ at my house, so my wife went out to pick some up before the pizza came. (Again, anything to keep this guy happy. I wish I could have done more, and will owe him for a long time to come.) The pizza showed up, and we ate and watched some of my favorite scenes from "Bloodsport". "YOU ARE NEX!" Well, actually Jeremy kind of inhaled pizza and watched "Bloodsport".

To make a long story short, we finished up eating and knocked off the last couple things on my list, did a couple things to his 92 ST185, and he left to get some sleep before his trip back to Mass.

Finally, here is the story...

A few days have passed since Jeremy has left us, and all that remains of Jeremy is his partially empty OJ carton, specifically, it had to be Tropicana NO PULP. It is all we still have of him in the Playfortoday household**sniff**, and I planned on keeping it around a while longer to help me get over his departure. My wife rolled her eyes at me, as she does so often and decided to not let it go to waste.

My five year-old daughter sees my wife taking the carton from the fridge and yells, “Hey, that’s Jeremy’s Orange Juice! Make sure you save some for him or he will be sad.”

And she adds very nonchalantly at the end of her comment, almost quietly, “Man, he sure is loud…” and kind of looks off as if she is remembering.

We just about hit the floor laughing. If you could have heard the sincerity in her voice on that last comment. From the mouths of babes, the expression goes.

If you have ever talked to or met Jeremy, you will appreciate this story that much more.

Thanks again, Jer. You are a great guy, and I am lucky to have had the pleasure of hanging out with you. I wish I could say the same for my traumatized Pugs.

cms-gt4
04-24-2006, 04:40 PM
He was over at my house a few weeks ago. Wish he coulda' stayed and help me finish my swap but Dustin (intiald) will come up from Nashville to help with that. :D
Jeremy rode off into a tornado to Nashville after visiting for a few hours. After he left they reported on the news that the tonado turned the other way and vanished as if it was scared or something. All we have left of him is his wendy's cup and wrappers. Jeremy is a pretty cool guy. He needs to start a tour of the US and grace the rest of celicatech/alltrac.net :D

insomnak8702
04-24-2006, 05:25 PM
i don't have a story
but cheers for mr. jeremy...

david in germany
04-24-2006, 06:49 PM
Woot for awsome members! :bigthumbu

Gary
04-24-2006, 07:01 PM
C) He has cooler tools than me.

I like this one :)

http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/9291/a1wp.jpg

Playfortoday
04-24-2006, 07:46 PM
He never broke out the magnetic bowl for me. :( But I can tell that is his car.;)

T-spoon
04-24-2006, 10:17 PM
He never broke out the magnetic bowl for me. :( But I can tell that is his car.;)

Buddy of mine has one of those.. we tended to overfill it...

InitialD93
04-25-2006, 01:25 AM
Yeah jeremy is a cool dude... just takes a bit to get used to his southern accent and northern speed talking. Got to hang with him and consume a few beers... and i also got to enjoy his pinapple and pepperoni pizza combo:bigthumbu

i think we also determined that i have the hardest shifting ST165 ever.... damn that tranny mount.

Come on back down and visit me next time jeremy... lol i had to drive an hour to meet him and got lost:)

Josh... damn it u had better call me to fix that car.:hehe:

4thgenceli
04-25-2006, 01:48 AM
Jermey needs to head over my way... do a weekend warrior on my car to get it running again.

85gtsblackman
04-26-2006, 05:04 AM
yay good man

just takes a bit to get used to his southern accent and northern speed talking

that would be me :wiggle:

RIalltrac
04-26-2006, 12:40 PM
Jeremy hooked me up and helped me pull and reseal my 3s, he had the military id so we got hooked up on the base hobby shop. which if I might add if you ever have the ability to get onto a base and use thier hobby shop, do it. Its cheap and anything you need is at your fingertips. He rocks, way too fast for me to keep up, and Play have you never seen a man eat so much so fast? Good man, but I dont want to give him an ego or anything, so you suck. :slap:

Playfortoday
04-26-2006, 02:39 PM
Play have you never seen a man eat so much so fast?

Actually, yes. I was in the Army and eating fast was protocol; however, you are correct in adding the so fast part. I have never seen a guy his size eat so much food so quick. I ahve seen bigger dudes do that, but not a guy his size. And yes, he is lame(anti-ego measure taken).

Did he drink OJ at the meet?:hehe:

RIalltrac
04-26-2006, 09:05 PM
I think he was drinking grape or cranberry juice when we were working on the car, needless to say the bottle didnt last long.

Playfortoday
04-26-2006, 09:06 PM
So it is all fruit juices? I learn more everyday about the complicated man that is Jeremy. :mystery:

InitialD93
04-27-2006, 10:16 PM
he drank Dr Pepper without ice and Beer when he was with me:eek:

Playfortoday
04-28-2006, 01:31 AM
It just keeps getter stranger. Warm DP? :ugh:

alltracman78
05-05-2006, 01:27 PM
What the hell is all this?

I leave, and come back to this.

hehe, Thanks guys. :)

Dustin, you nailed my problem right on the head.
Southern accent and Northern speed.
Gimme a few months and it will be back to Northern accent. :D

Jay, that is HILARIOUS. :laugh:
I'm actually out of juice at the moment, could you ask your wife to pick me up some on the way home from work?
Remember, no pulp!

Playfortoday
05-05-2006, 02:13 PM
Sure thing! My daughter misses you :(

alltracman78
05-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Dustin, it was Coke, not DP.
But yeah, no ice.
It melts and waters it down...

Playfortoday
05-05-2006, 05:27 PM
I can't wait to see you as an old man. It can only get worse.

Luis C
05-05-2006, 07:47 PM
He wont make it to old if he doesnt get me my stuff soon enough. I've already told the DEA where to find his stash of "Colombian baking soda" someone misterioulsly sent him from south america :lolhittin

Playfortoday
05-05-2006, 08:10 PM
He wont make it to old if he doesnt get me my stuff soon enough. I've already told the DEA where to find his stash of "Colombian baking soda" someone misterioulsly sent him from south america :lolhittin

Sweet.:laugh:

alltracman78
05-05-2006, 08:14 PM
Buahahahahahahahahaha