PDA

View Full Version : Test drive of a 2006 Elise

goretro77
04-20-2006, 12:41 AM
First of all....wow. What an amazing car. The one I tried weighed 1950 pounds with it's options and 190 hp from a Mid mounted Toyota 2zz-ge engine that has been refined by Lotus.
The real secret why this car is so light is it's aluminum extruded frame. It is epoxied and riveted together and forms a VERY stiff platform for it's double wishbone fully adjustable suspension. It has adjustments for ride height, camber, toe (front and back), damper (bilsten with reservoirs, knobs on bottom of shock bodies and hand click adjustable), front rear sway bars were adjustable.
Heel and toe felt great. This thing cornered hard and didn;t break a sweat. From a standstill the torque from the 2ZZGE felt strong because of it's lightweight and the stopping power was very good if not excellent.

Great car!

=cJ=
04-20-2006, 12:59 AM
:worthless

goretro77
04-20-2006, 02:00 AM
:worthless

ok, this is not the one I test drove but will give you an idea what they look like - this is the 'Chrome Orange' one. Sorry about the quality of the pic, it is on a very bright day with harsh direct sunlight that washes out the color in pictures. The color is very rich and deep in real life and the car turns heads with many smiles.

http://static.flickr.com/46/131624301_0f1ac864d2_b.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/50/131624302_6b888571da_b.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/50/131624303_2bfa6dd396_b.jpg

It was sooo reponsive. Turn-in is laser quick and stopping is just confidence inspiring with little drama.

:bigthumbu

I have placed my order!! Will take a while but it is coming mid-summer.

=cJ=
04-20-2006, 02:28 AM
OOh yes, thankyou:D

**pics saved to car stash...**

goretro77
04-20-2006, 03:07 AM
Here's a Elise video with bruce lee in it....cool!
http://www.parkavelotus.com/dsp_video.cfm

Luis C
04-20-2006, 03:33 AM
Lucky brat

goretro77
04-20-2006, 03:45 AM
Nah...went to school, earned a degree, paid for my own schooling, no rich parents here, in the Technology and Development field.
Worked and worked, saved my $, kept with simple cars and now going to buy the Elise. 3 years financing to keep the loan percentage down and this will be a keeper. I'm 39 years old.

Lucky brat

roman
04-20-2006, 04:08 AM
Yeah they're fun as hell. My neighbor has one and he lets me drive it from time to time. My Miata is faster but damn that car is 10 times more fun. There's something to be said about a solid aluminum frame and 400 pounds less in weight. I can't wait to autocross it this year (he's letting me autocross it as long as I teach him how to autocross in return).

Punisher
04-20-2006, 03:09 PM
wow.. I love those things.. they sound absolutely amazing too

Luis C
04-20-2006, 04:00 PM
Nah...went to school, earned a degree, paid for my own schooling, no rich parents here, in the Technology and Development field.
Worked and worked, saved my $, kept with simple cars and now going to buy the Elise. 3 years financing to keep the loan percentage down and this will be a keeper. I'm 39 years old.

Same here (although I'm 36 yet) but there is no way in hell I could afford one of those... yet. I'm starting my own business by the end of May I hope the IRR is high enough to recover my investment soon and buy a house.... still you are one lucky brat :laugh:

Ricksta
04-20-2006, 06:29 PM
my moms bf has one....when i go to visit in a couple of weeks im going to get vid of me whoopin his ass in the celi...my mom seems to think that just because hes got this expensive ass car that i have no chance....shes got another thing comin and so does he

Hiko
04-20-2006, 06:41 PM
my moms bf has one....when i go to visit in a couple of weeks im going to get vid of me whoopin his ass in the celi...my mom seems to think that just because hes got this expensive ass car that i have no chance....shes got another thing comin and so does he

In a straight line, yeah, it doesn't take incredibly much to beat an elise. But if you guys take any turns, your ass (and almost all celica's asses for that matter) are toast.

I don't like the looks of them very much, but you can't deny that they are very well engineered and handle like fricken go-karts.

Ricksta
04-20-2006, 06:56 PM
i havent met the guy yet they just started dating a couple months ago and thier on the other coast of florida so i havent had a chance to get over there. but she told me he has a 2006 porche that does 0-60 in 3.6 seconds er some shit. we'll see bout me taking that. who knows. and if not when i return to tampa again with forgies, aem standalone fuel management system and a gt35 turbo im sure i'll get him then...weeeeeeeee

KoreanJoey
04-20-2006, 08:07 PM
not on the twisties, not even close.

Ricksta
04-20-2006, 09:38 PM
im not autocrossin here joey......its a dragrace get yo mind rightttt

goretro77
04-21-2006, 01:42 AM
check this out...
That's a Ferrari F40 the Elise is hanging with.

http://www.cpdserver.com/elisetalk/video/elise1.wmv

Ricksta
04-21-2006, 02:00 AM
he only gets him on corners

goretro77
04-21-2006, 03:00 AM
he only gets him on corners

That's the whole point of this car. It's a roadcourse racecar not a drag racing car.

The whole concept of the car is lightweightedness, not horsepower. It proves it's worth in the corners. Like a good roadracer should.

angryyoungnpoor
04-21-2006, 03:19 AM
Mm, yeah. My bud took his around a corner at 120.. He ended up flipping in a ditch and totalled it. So much for cornering. Hah.

But yeah.. A 12 and a half second quarter mile out of 180 hp is pretty damn good. The thing flies unlike anything I'd ever driven before. Going 70 through neighborhoods is fun.

Ricksta
04-21-2006, 03:34 AM
Going 70 through neighborhoods is fun.
yea untill you hit the poor little girl whose fetching her ball in the middle of the road....congrats you just ended a life that hasnt even began yet...kudos

Morwan
04-21-2006, 04:05 AM
Mm, yeah. My bud took his around a corner at 120.. He ended up flipping in a ditch and totalled it. So much for cornering. Hah.

He should've been running some R-comps. :P

I want the Exige S, but it'll never come to the US.

goretro77
06-27-2006, 02:23 PM
Well, here is my Elise...I took delivery of my 2006 on June 1. It now has 500 miles on it, 500 miles more to go before break in is done.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/f6e01034.jpg

Colossus20v
06-27-2006, 02:28 PM
nice car.

goretro77
06-27-2006, 02:42 PM
^ Thanks! :bigthumbu

I have it with the Sport package meaning - suspension - the Bilstein shocks and Eibach springs combination fits this car well, the sport pack also includes dual oil coolers up front instead of just one. I thought that's pretty important for the high revving 2ZZ-GE engine. .

I insisted that they find me a hardtop and I think it helps the lines of the Elise.

Colossus20v
06-27-2006, 02:53 PM
You can take the hard top off too though right? Where does it go? Just in the garage or can it fit somewhere in the car?

Playfortoday
06-27-2006, 02:54 PM
I would not buy it any other way than a hard top. Great choice!

If those orange pics were taken in downtown Chicago, I saw that car last week. Similar 5 character plate, same color, etc.

goretro77
06-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Yes you can, they give you a hardtop and a soft-top. The hardtop has nowhere to stow on the car so it's a decsion on your part if you take off the hardtop it's going to be left at home. The softtop you can bring along and keep in the trunk - takes a minute to put on.

You can take the hard top off too though right? Where does it go? Just in the garage or can it fit somewhere in the car?

goretro77
06-27-2006, 03:19 PM
Thanks! :D yeah I like the look of it better with the hardtop. Actually - I've had the car since the 1st of this month and yet to take the hardtop off. Headroom and interior space is not much of an issue for me.

The Orange one (an '05) is located in downtown and the owner does bring it into the loop regularly. I work at the merchandise mart and asked her to bring it by when I was considering the Elise.

I would not buy it any other way than a hard top. Great choice!

If those orange pics were taken in downtown Chicago, I saw that car last week. Similar 5 character plate, same color, etc.

Playfortoday
06-27-2006, 03:34 PM
I am in the south loop myself, so I am pretty close to you. Any chance for a lunch time test drive?:hehe:

Colossus20v
06-27-2006, 03:53 PM
^I was waiting for that question.

goretro77
06-27-2006, 03:58 PM
I would not mind giving you a ride but I never take my Elise downtown. Actually I take the train into downtown. I would not trust downtown parking lots with it.

The Elise comes out when I know I will stay with it for the whole time.

Do you check out Elmhurst Toyota's car show? They are having a show this Sunday August 13th.

I am in the south loop myself, so I am pretty close to you. Any chance for a lunch time test drive?:hehe:

Playfortoday
06-27-2006, 04:07 PM
Did not know anything about the Elmhurst Toyota show. I wonder if I would be the only All-trac if I went.;)

I train in everyday too from Elgin.

goretro77
06-27-2006, 04:14 PM
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=109575

I went last year and my classic celica won 2nd place (for some reason, i was not placed in the 'old school' category - instead they placed me in the Celica category meaning my '77 Celica was being compared against late model - many of them brand new Celicas. I lost points for no in-car-electronics). If you show up with your All-Trac that would be AWESOME! :) It would be very unique there.

Most Toyota people will meet in Schaumburg that morning and cruise to the show.

Took a pic of the rear :

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/e4856b37.jpg

rear quarter shot:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/5eb59894.jpg

Did not know anything about the Elmhurst Toyota show. I wonder if I would be the only All-trac if I went.;)

I train in everyday too from Elgin.

convertiblechick
06-27-2006, 09:29 PM
drool :)

2kSnakEater
06-27-2006, 10:53 PM
thats cool and all but, you have manual windows right? the sport gives you nice suspension and the touring gives you the power windows and better seats right? to each his own but im not paying $40k for a car with manual windows, Id rather get a Z16.

6strngs
06-27-2006, 11:05 PM
lotus elise = my dream car!

I've seen a couple of lotus's driving around lately actually, there was a guy a couple days ago that had one at my church, it was an older one, like 70's or 80's, not sure exactly the model, I just know it was a lotus. and then there was this exige that I saw driving around town 2 seperate times last week. I love lotus's even though they may not be super fast, they still handle like a dream and honestly aren't exactly slow thanks to being less than 2000 lbs. while they still get better gas milage than my celica :hehe:

goretro77
06-27-2006, 11:20 PM
thats cool and all but, you have manual windows right? the sport gives you nice suspension and the touring gives you the power windows and better seats right? to each his own but im not paying $40k for a car with manual windows, Id rather get a Z16.

I have the touring package and have power windows and locks. These are proven to be lighter and more reliable so I went for it. So yes, I have power windows. Comes with a alarm and remote too. I thought about purchasing the C6 Z06, test drove both, and chose the Elise.

roman
06-28-2006, 01:45 AM
I spent most of the afternoon yesterday polishing my neighbor's Elise. Are you ever going to take it autocrossing? I finally had a chance to see what a good driver can do behind the wheel of an Elise. They're rediculously fast.

+1 to the Metra riders of Chicago.

KoreanJoey
06-28-2006, 03:33 AM
I spent most of the afternoon yesterday polishing my neighbor's Elise. Are you ever going to take it autocrossing? I finally had a chance to see what a good driver can do behind the wheel of an Elise. They're rediculously fast.

I got to drive the 2006 Lotus Elise of the Fordahls of Fordahl Motorsports out at Bremerton Motorsports Park earlier this season. I don't know how the Elise does on street tires but on Hoosier Race Tires it was scary, super scary fast... I did at one point push past the point of no return and there was no recovering... the car has such a high limit that by the time you reach it things are going too fast to recover if you mess up... at least that was my experience. Was still less frightening than spinning an MR2 Turbo.

goretro77
06-28-2006, 04:57 AM
I have the touring package and have power windows and locks. These are proven to be lighter and more reliable so I went for it. So yes, I have power windows. Comes with a alarm and remote too. I thought about purchasing the C6 Z06, test drove both, and chose the Elise.

Took some pics of the interior:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC01230.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC01233.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC01232.jpg

roman
06-28-2006, 05:17 AM
I see you also have to wear special shoes just to fit your feet on those pedals :laugh:

goretro77
06-28-2006, 05:33 AM
I see you also have to wear special shoes just to fit your feet on those pedals :laugh:

Puma Future Cats GT :D They double as my kart shoes too.

goretro77
06-28-2006, 05:45 AM

Hey Roman, just realized your in Vernon Hills, I'm in Mundelein! Your neighbor has an Elise? What year what color? Sport package or base Elise? Hardtop? Details man! :hehe:

roman
06-28-2006, 05:46 AM
I wear Adidas Daroga (http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/7130321.html). They're pretty sweet. If you pick them up they weigh like a pound and they're made out of this mesh cloth like material so your feet almost never get hot.

roman
06-28-2006, 05:54 AM
My neighbor has a silver Elise. Not a sport package, he's an older guy who never really raced before. He got the touring package I think? Or is it the leather package? No hardtop. He doesn't even like to have the rag top on. He's too lazy to take it off and put it on, so he just keps it off. Plus, he has a hard enough time getting in/out of it as it is. The top doesn't help. We put 3 coats of Zaino on it yesterday, it looks pretty good now. He took delivery of it back in February of '05 I think. There is another guy near Stevenson that just got a dark blue Elise about 2 months ago. I don't think I've seen you around before, but I'm sure I will soon enough. What train do you take downtown? I ride the North Central line (from Vernon Hills) most of the time sometimes taking Milwaukee North (Lake-Cook) if I can't make it to North Central on time (I do consulting so I have to be in different places at different times).

We autocrossed at CLC last Sunday. You should've been there :)

goretro77
06-28-2006, 06:03 AM
I wear Adidas Daroga (http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/7130321.html). They're pretty sweet. If you pick them up they weigh like a pound and they're made out of this mesh cloth like material so your feet almost never get hot.

Those are nice! I'll keep those in mind when I wear out the Pumas. Yeah, had to find a narrow profile set 'cause Elises are a bit notorious for tight pedal sets - not all the much space between pedals. First time I tried a test drive I was 'snagging' the brake pedal with my shoe whenever I was getting off the throttle, It didn't help that I wore my widest set of shoes that day. The Heel and toe feels good, I should note that they changed the pedal set from the '05 to the '06 Elise. The shoes just helps me feel for the edge of the brake pedal that much easier.

roman
06-28-2006, 06:06 AM
I know they changed the pedal set for the '06. You should feel lucky. I can't heel-toe the '05 Elise for the life of me, and I have no problems doing it on any other car. My neighbor says there's some part they sell for the brake pedal that solves that issue. I hope he gets it.

GRUMPY514
06-28-2006, 06:50 AM
Should of got the Exige....talkin about hot sexyness

Elise is a very hot car tooo. Just isnt an Exige though.

Friends got an 03 red Elise. Love it to death.

goretro77
06-28-2006, 07:18 AM
Should of got the Exige....talkin about hot sexyness

Elise is a very hot car tooo. Just isnt an Exige though.

Friends got an 03 red Elise. Love it to death.

Test drove the Exige, it is a great car but the looks did not suit me, I like the more classic lines of the Elise.

You can't see out the back of the Exige and other than the bodywork it is the same exact car. Actually the Exige weighs a bit more too but nothing significant. Aerodynamically the Exige has way more downforce. Could be a good thing could be bad depending on track configuration. I considered the Exige and thought about it for a long time. I prefer the original, not the derivative. As I mentioned, the Elise has more traditional lines to it.

I have no regrets having purchased the Elise. I test drove both Elise and Exige on the same day back-to-back and the Elise just felt right.

The Exige will run you $10k more than the Elise.

To each his own, I like the Exige(it looks bad-ass!) but love the Elise.

goretro77
06-28-2006, 02:34 PM
I know they changed the pedal set for the '06. You should feel lucky. I can't heel-toe the '05 Elise for the life of me, and I have no problems doing it on any other car. My neighbor says there's some part they sell for the brake pedal that solves that issue. I hope he gets it.

I do feel very lucky that I was in the market for a new car and the 06 Elise solves more than a few issues that the '05s have.
The heel 'n toe pad that sector111.com sells solves the '05 issue.

Plus it has LED taillights (not a deal breaker but still nice to have) and new light pattern, 2 circles on each corner.
It looks like "00 00" each side now instead of this pattern "() ()" that I like.

Still, I really liked the '05s but just got a good deal on the '06.

6strngs
06-28-2006, 09:32 PM
and then there was this exige that I saw driving around town 2 seperate times last week.
my bad, I meant it was an espirit, not an exige... as if anyone really cares...

goretro77
06-29-2006, 02:50 AM
My neighbor has a silver Elise. Not a sport package, he's an older guy who never really raced before. He got the touring package I think? Or is it the leather package? No hardtop. He doesn't even like to have the rag top on. He's too lazy to take it off and put it on, so he just keps it off. Plus, he has a hard enough time getting in/out of it as it is. The top doesn't help. We put 3 coats of Zaino on it yesterday, it looks pretty good now. He took delivery of it back in February of '05 I think. There is another guy near Stevenson that just got a dark blue Elise about 2 months ago. I don't think I've seen you around before, but I'm sure I will soon enough. What train do you take downtown? I ride the North Central line (from Vernon Hills) most of the time sometimes taking Milwaukee North (Lake-Cook) if I can't make it to North Central on time (I do consulting so I have to be in different places at different times).

We autocrossed at CLC last Sunday. You should've been there :)

Thanks for the reply. Cool! Sounds like a nice Elise. Yes I like using Zaino too.

3 coats of Zaino is pretty good - all in one day? - whoa. That is a lot of work.

I did not know CLC has autocrosses. Is this a listed event on thier site? Where can I find out when future ones will be held there? I am 10 minutes away.

jaded_driver
06-29-2006, 03:12 AM
My Miata is faster but damn that car is 10 times more fun.

is this accurate? is ur miata got some mods? cause i know that the elise only has like 150hp or so.. however i'm a n00b and have never actualy drove a miata

goretro77
06-29-2006, 03:32 AM
is this accurate? is ur miata got some mods? cause i know that the elise only has like 150hp or so.. however i'm a n00b and have never actualy drove a miata

The Elise as it is imported into the USA comes with the Toyota 2ZZ-GE engine - that makes about 190 hp.
The Rover engine is what the Elise has in it's origin country of England which as about 140 or so.

I've driven a Miata and they handle nice. It is a great front engine rear wheel drive car.

roman
06-29-2006, 03:35 AM
The Miata has a turbo. It's pushing about 230hp to the wheels.

CLC doesn't host the events, Windy City Miata Club does. They only had two autocrosses scheduled at CLC this year, and the one last Sunday was the last one for this year. The rest are at Maywood Park and at Tire Rack.

I always do 3 coats of Zaino. After that I stop seeing improvement. Before they had you wait 24 hours between each coat, but now they have this new crap they sell that you mix with the polish that lets you put coat after coat on without waiting for it to cure.

goretro77
06-29-2006, 03:42 AM
The Miata has a turbo. It's pushing about 230hp to the wheels.

CLC doesn't host the events, Windy City Miata Club does. They only had two autocrosses scheduled at CLC this year, and the one last Sunday was the last one for this year. The rest are at Maywood Park and at Tire Rack.

I always do 3 coats of Zaino. After that I stop seeing improvement. Before they had you wait 24 hours between each coat, but now they have this new crap they sell that you mix with the polish that lets you put coat after coat on without waiting for it to cure.

Looked at your Miata and you autocrossing it. Sweet!

Yes, I used Zaino and your right - there is this flash cure accelerator additive that speeds up the cure time. I didn't use it the first time I detailed the car but the next time (in a few weeks) I will. 3 times and then you stop seeing any improvements huh? ok, kewl. Thanks. :)

Are spectators allowed these events? - I'm also an avid photographer.

roman
06-29-2006, 03:46 AM
Yeah you can spectate all you want. Heck, I try to get my friends to come along and if they don't race I just give them rides all day. If you ever feel like driving out to an event I'm sure I can give you a ride or two.

I'm putting my car up for sale in a few weeks to start saving for a house, so I'm trying to enjoy it as much as I can these last days. Next autocross I'm going to go to will be in Lake Geneva this Sunday with the Madison Sports Car Club.

http://www.madisonsportscarclub.com/events/event.2006-03-21.29113741904

My neighbor with the Elise really wants to start autocrossing, and I'm going to teach him. In return he's going to let me autocross it as well :wiggle:

GRUMPY514
06-29-2006, 06:13 AM
no doubt a lotus peroid is the sex

Esprit, Elise, Exige

They are all very very very nice cars. I commend you on going for it instead of a Cobra Mustang or something ghey.

I noticed a lot more elise's around now. People are starting to discover Lotus just not and what a SEXY car it is.

goretro77
06-29-2006, 01:01 PM
Yeah you can spectate all you want. Heck, I try to get my friends to come along and if they don't race I just give them rides all day. If you ever feel like driving out to an event I'm sure I can give you a ride or two.

I'm putting my car up for sale in a few weeks to start saving for a house, so I'm trying to enjoy it as much as I can these last days. Next autocross I'm going to go to will be in Lake Geneva this Sunday with the Madison Sports Car Club.

http://www.madisonsportscarclub.com/events/event.2006-03-21.29113741904

My neighbor with the Elise really wants to start autocrossing, and I'm going to teach him. In return he's going to let me autocross it as well :wiggle:

Roman. My hats off to you - that is quite a nice car and you obviously have autocrossed a lot. I'm kinda sad to hear your selling that great car. I agree that saving for a house is important but it's hard when your selling something you obviously enjoy. I agree though that you gotta set priorities and avoiding those PMI costs are key if you want to save $ buying that first home.

I used to do open track days at Grattan Raceway Michigan.
www.grattanraceway.com
My signature has me running at the end of it's straight there before the first turn. I used to run wheel to wheel there but I have not done much of that lately.

Thanks for the offer for a ride, I hope to meet up with you guys sometime.

For the people in the local area - seems to be quite a bit of us from the Chicagoland area here on this thread - anyone wanna meet up at
www.chicagoindoorracing.com
sometime in the near future? For people who have not been there - it's a great place. Good place to race each other safely, share a drink afterwards or even eat something or just spectate. There are even pool tables there. All this and you can sit on a couch and have a clear view of the racetracks.

goretro77
06-29-2006, 01:04 PM
no doubt a lotus peroid is the sex

Esprit, Elise, Exige

They are all very very very nice cars. I commend you on going for it instead of a Cobra Mustang or something ghey.

I noticed a lot more elise's around now. People are starting to discover Lotus just not and what a SEXY car it is.

thanks much Grumpy514! :bigthumbu
Uh, I've had 3 people now say that about the Elise. I didn't know the car would ever be described as 'sexy'. Not that I mind or anything! :D

here's another pic the 2nd day I had it:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/_DSC1109.jpg

roman
06-29-2006, 10:07 PM
Roman. My hats off to you - that is quite a nice car and you obviously have autocrossed a lot. I'm kinda sad to hear your selling that great car. I agree that saving for a house is important but it's hard when your selling something you obviously enjoy. I agree though that you gotta set priorities and avoiding those PMI costs are key if you want to save $ buying that first home.

I used to do open track days at Grattan Raceway Michigan.
www.grattanraceway.com (http://www.grattanraceway.com)
My signature has me running at the end of it's straight there before the first turn. I used to run wheel to wheel there but I have not done much of that lately.

Thanks for the offer for a ride, I hope to meet up with you guys sometime.

For the people in the local area - seems to be quite a bit of us from the Chicagoland area here on this thread - anyone wanna meet up at
www.chicagoindoorracing.com (http://www.chicagoindoorracing.com)
sometime in the near future? For people who have not been there - it's a great place. Good place to race each other safely, share a drink afterwards or even eat something or just spectate. There are even pool tables there. All this and you can sit on a couch and have a clear view of the racetracks.

Believe me, it was a really tough decision to make. Especially since I can technically afford the car and still save for the house. I just figure that without the car I can get that house faster.

Track days is something I always wanted to do but couldn't quite afford it. The guys from the Miata club and the VW club here go to at least one every month, if not more. They usually go to Gingerman. I can afford the entry fee, but I can't afford damaging or totaling my car, so I don't go.

CIR is fun, but pricy. If you decide to get some people together start planning ahead of time. Most people here need a way advance notice. I usually go up to Sugar River Raceway in WI - they only charge $40 for a 30min session, all rentals included. It is a bit of a drive though.

Slider
06-30-2006, 01:57 AM
Awesome car :bigthumbu , I bet you can't wait till the break in period is over.

You should feel lucky. I can't heel-toe the '05 Elise for the life of me, and I have no problems doing it on any other car.

You should try a 5th gen :hehe:

KoreanJoey
06-30-2006, 02:01 AM

You should try a 5th gen :hehe:

That's what pedal covers are for.

Slider
06-30-2006, 02:08 AM
That's what pedal covers are for.

Any specific ones you would recommend?

goretro77
06-30-2006, 04:17 AM
I usually go up to Sugar River Raceway in WI - they only charge $40 for a 30min session, all rentals included. It is a bit of a drive though.

Yup! I have run there too! for those who have never been there, here's thier site:
www.sugarriverraceway.com
The one thing that bugged me on that track is the tree (the one with the energy absorbing mats wrapped around it) near the chicane while you make that quick right and left into the straightaway.

Yes, the drive is a long one to make it out there.

Too bad Marshal Fairman won't open a closer track. Chicagoland needs an outdoor kart track.

goretro77
06-30-2006, 04:21 AM

Thanks Slider, you got that right. Driving it with a rev limit at 4500 rpm is killing me. 500 miles to go.

roman
06-30-2006, 07:22 AM
Yup! I have run there too! for those who have never been there, here's thier site:
www.sugarriverraceway.com (http://www.sugarriverraceway.com)
The one thing that bugged me on that track is the tree (the one with the energy absorbing mats wrapped around it) near the chicane while you make that quick right and left into the straightaway.

Yes, the drive is a long one to make it out there.

Too bad Marshal Fairman won't open a closer track. Chicagoland needs an outdoor kart track.

What's your best time on that track? :D I know the tree you're talking about, I never had a problem with it. I only went offroading there twice and both times it was after that hairpin right past that chicane.

goretro77
06-30-2006, 01:01 PM
What's your best time on that track? :D I know the tree you're talking about, I never had a problem with it. I only went offroading there twice and both times it was after that hairpin right past that chicane.

I dunno Roman! I never had someone officially take my lap times there. Yeah I try not to let that tree bug me but I know it's there and try to not let it affect me when I go into the chicane. :hehe: Oh yeah - I've taken enough off-road excursions on that hairpin! lol! and I don't regularly get to go to this track either. :D

It's funny - my other friend also mentions that tree. It's just nasty looking with all the energy absorbing foam pads wrapped around it, like they know someone might hit it. :eek:

Edit: I do remember I have video of me on sugar river - and I think they recorded me going a few laps all the way around the track. I think I can get a lap time from it. I'll post back here if I get a chance to get this info.

roman
06-30-2006, 01:48 PM
I've only been there three or four times myself. If you pay an additional $2.50 they put a little transponder on your kart and you get a printout of your times at the end of your session.

Oh, and I think I took a picture of your tree :)

goretro77
06-30-2006, 03:24 PM
I've only been there three or four times myself. If you pay an additional $2.50 they put a little transponder on your kart and you get a printout of your times at the end of your session.

Oh, and I think I took a picture of your tree :)

Oh MAN! There'e that f__king tree! :eek: That thing is a psychological menace. lol!

I didn't know about the transponder, is this something new or I just never knew about it. It's great they got this option at Sugar River raceway.

Realistically the only day I can make it out there is Saturdays at noon and if you don't go in April or May it's pretty much not available for the rest of the year according to thier website.

What's the most # of times you've run in one day out there? Mine was 3 times. But I really could have run some more. Addictive! :bigthumbu

roman
06-30-2006, 05:06 PM
I don't think I can do more than one 30min session. Those things kill me! Even the 30min session I have to break up into two 15min sessions so I can give myself a break.

I found out about the transponders on the very first time I went there with the local Miata Club. We all got the transponders and we competed for best time ;) That was back in September of '03. So they've had them since then at least. They don't advertise it anywhere and they don't mention it to you at any time either. It's just something you have to ask for.

Oh and I don't know if you've seen my race seat thread here, but be sure your seat fits when you go! :laugh: http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16509

goretro77
09-02-2006, 03:13 AM
Hi, it's been a while since I was here...I added driving lights to the Elise:
took the grill off:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC01400.jpg
they give you a replacement panel for a third switch:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC01475.jpg
Had to CAREFULLY take the switch and the accompanying circuit boards along with the engine start switch off the original (notice one of them is turned around, you had to just turn it back around so that the light shows through the replacement panel for the replacement panel's third switch. A good 14mm wrench tightened the switches down snugly:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC01479.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC01471.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC01483.jpg

I'll post more pics in about an hour - got to run and do something.....

goretro77
09-02-2006, 03:51 AM
Added the mounts ran the wires and replaced screws with 8mm bolts for the lights and installed them:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC01467.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC01457.jpg

While I was at it I replaced the stock OEM horn that sounded more like a Buick and replaced it with a compact air dual tone horn that fits the 'character' of the Elise, here I am loosening the bolt that will hold the horn to the other side of the carbon fiber crash structure:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC01449.jpg
Pulled the front service panel so I can put a 15AMP fuse to replace the 7.5AMP fuse so that it doesn't blow every time I hit the horn:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC01423.jpg

It's almost done:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC01457.jpg

Test it before putting the grill on:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC01491.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC01488.jpg
Switches on (Engine Start Button was not lit on since it was a test in the garage) :
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC01499.jpg

Finished:
still up on boards so I had room for the jack and a $1 hockey puck
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC01509.jpg
off the boards and running the lights for 15 minutes looking for anything getting hot or cutting off:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/_DSC1615.jpg

Out for a drive:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/Touge_4.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/TOUGE_3.jpg

goretro77
11-06-2006, 03:12 PM
I went for a drive yesterday and it was a perfect fall morning, stopped at a good place for a photo op:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC_3186.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC_3150.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC_3180.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC_3156-1.jpg

and finally at the 'secret' romping grounds:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC_3099.jpg

Slider
11-06-2006, 05:56 PM
Looks great, those tires look pretty sticky also :eek5:

I bet it's gonna be pretty agrivating waiting for winter to pass by to drive it again. I already put winter tires on the Celica and I'm missing the grip already, even though my cars handling characteristics aren't too great. I drove a new Miata and it was such a great feeling. Can't imagine how awesome the Elise must feel. Now you have me drooling :lolhittin

Murgatroy
11-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Sexxy.

KoreanJoey
11-06-2006, 07:06 PM
Advan tires right? Oh and slider, I'm sorry I didn't notice you asked what sort of pedal... honestly it doesn't make a huge difference but what you want to do is raise the height of your accelerator to make it more level with the brake so you can either A: put a cover on your accelerator and not on your brake or (like I did) put some spacing behind the pedal cover to increase the height of the accelerator. Easy fix. Me I heel-toe as standard driving, mostly cause 2nd gear synchro = the crap.

GRUMPY514
11-06-2006, 07:50 PM
Nice camera

What are you shooting with?

Cavanagh
11-07-2006, 12:22 AM
thats cool and all but, you have manual windows right? (blah blah) to each his own but im not paying $40k for a car with manual windows, Id rather get a Z16.
:noob:
I don't know if you have noticed yet, but Elise's are designed around weight and its handling ability. Power windows are heavier than manual thus gives the car more weight. :slap: Also, on the exige im pretty sure A/C is a Option...

On that note, why would someone pay $160k+ for a Mosler MT900 GTR when it doesn't have power steering, a/c or power windows?

Goretro77, Beautiful lookin Lotus! God i love those cars, i would kill for one, nice choice on the Hardtop too.

Gary
11-07-2006, 01:28 AM
Nice camera

What are you shooting with?
D70s :)

GT4SOM
11-07-2006, 02:09 AM
Pretty bad ass car! I've so wanted one for the longest. I'd go with the Exige :D

goretro77
11-07-2006, 02:59 AM
Looks great, those tires look pretty sticky also :eek5:

I bet it's gonna be pretty agrivating waiting for winter to pass by to drive it again. I already put winter tires on the Celica and I'm missing the grip already, even though my cars handling characteristics aren't too great. I drove a new Miata and it was such a great feeling. Can't imagine how awesome the Elise must feel. Now you have me drooling :lolhittin
Thanks Slider, yes, the Yokohama A048s hold on great but they're also known to wear out fast. I was also concerned with how harsh the ride would be since it will also be a street driven car as well as occasional track car. This particular Elise has a sport package - mostly upgraded suspension peices and with an extra oil cooler.
I'm very happy with the handling - one test drive told it all for me. I've roadraced before with an old school Celica (rwd) with pure racing slicks and the Elise feels like it will give that car a hard time. I love that Celica by the way. Yeah your right, I'm dreading the first snowfall in Chicago and the first time they lay the salt down. Basically that means change the oil, put some extra air in the tires, wax the car and throw a car cover on it. :(

goretro77
11-07-2006, 03:55 AM
Murgatroy and Gary514, Gary is right, I'm shooting with a Nikon D70s with a 18-200mm VR lens, handheld, shooting RAW and then adjusting the WB for daylight.
Cavanagh - yup, that's true, the original engineers were inspired by Ducati motorcycles and the overall car has a minimalist concept behind it to keep the weight down. Also - in the Elise's case - power windows happen to be lighter than crank windows, albeit just a little bit but that's why I don't mind having them. I told the dealer I did not want the car unless he can find one with the hardtop (also - they are very hard to find if you plan to buy one after purchasing the car and people want top $, so it's better to get it for cheaper when you get the car, you can always sell it for good $ if you decide you don't want it), I like the look of it with it on. I decided I will give up a little weight and kept the AC.
GT4SOM - Exiges are great but now the Exige S is here in the States. If I was to get a Exige I would go with the S. The Exige is nice but it's a bit heavier and you have NO rearward vision at all. Also - unlike the Elise you can't take the front grill off which can prove troublesome when you want to service the car (see driving light install earlier in this thread). The normally aspirated Elise is known to have a higher top speed than the normally aspirated Exige because of the Exige's higher downforce. This is just stuff I researched when I was figuring out which one I wanted. I could have bought the Exige but chose the Elise and have no regrets. I test drove both and no rearward vision will be a pain for use on the streets. I think it's the more classic lines of the Elise that I liked too. Don't get me wrong the Exige is a great car but there are issues with the Exige which I rather not deal with for a car to be used for street as well as the track. My only suggestion is to test drive BOTH before you decide. :)

Cavanagh
11-07-2006, 04:06 AM
Damn i envy you and your car.

goretro77
11-07-2006, 04:11 AM
Damn i envy you and your car.

I appreciate it Cavanagh! :)

I'm glad it's a Toyota engine in there! :) One of the points that made me interested in the car. The story was that Lotus performed a expensive research on what engines were available that would allow the Elise to enter the US market. The powerplant would have to already pass US regulations, so that Lotus can save $ on powerplant development. They would ditch the Rover powerplant (found in most first generation (s1) Elises overseas) and found the Toyota 2ZZGE with it's 6 speed transmission was the lightest with the most power. Lotus asked Toyota 3 times before Toyota agreed to let Lotus use the 2ZZGE. This is one of the biggest points for me acquiring the Elise. Toyota powerplant and transmission in a chassis that is very light so it should be easy on the engine and clutch.

goretro77
11-25-2006, 04:55 AM
It's been incredibly nice around Chicagoland during this Thanksgiving week. I took out my Elise for possibly it's last cruise this year, it was late and the roads were wide open. :)

I stopped just long enough for a few pics.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC_3419.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC_3424.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is my last or second to last outting. Next week the weather forecast calls for rain and temperature drops. Uh oh....

'90 CeLicA Aus
11-25-2006, 07:31 AM
Fukn hott.

goretro77
03-31-2007, 02:29 PM
Wow, its been a while since I posted on this thread but I want to keep everything all in one place.

I can finally start bringing the car back out again! I kep the battery conditioned with one of these: http://batterytender.com/product_info.php?products_id=2&osCsid=adb699eff106ec1d8b513a5548f07763
its safer than a trickle charger which can overcharge and damage your battery. The car started on the first try after sitting for months.

It feels great to get it back on the road.

Here's a SUPER simple mod I just did. I've been driving it more and more and now know what preferences I'd like in the pedal setup of the '06 Elise. I wanted the gas pedal a bit higher and closer in relation to the brake for heel and toe:

the stock setup looked like this:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC02140.jpg

I read and looked at the Razo Competition Ti (RP61) gas pedal and it looked like it would raise the gas pedal and has a larger profile (both width and height) with a adjustment for width profile. They do have an even larger pedal but I went for the smaller (RP61) of the two. It also included spacers to raise the bottom part of the pedal up towards the driver. I used blue medium strength threadlock. It was super easy to attach (less than 20 minutes) and stays on the elise pedal firmly.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC02171.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC02170.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC02169.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC02166.jpg

I think this next shot shows the distance between the brake and accelerator pedals pretty nicely. It is way better than stock IMHO.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC02164.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC02162.jpg

Really, this is a very subjective thing and maybe this pedal mod won't satisfy everyone. Everyone's foot size and heel and toe technique varies. There are several adjustments one can make to this pedal to customize the pedal's position. It is totally reversible if you don't like it. So far I'm very happy with this easy mod.

grayscale
03-31-2007, 02:55 PM
SWEET! :rockon:
More interior pics please:bigthumbu

goretro77
03-31-2007, 03:45 PM
here's some older pics of the interior:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC01234.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC01233.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC01232.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/DSC01231.jpg

Cavanagh
03-31-2007, 05:03 PM
I Still Love It!

BTW i Noticed theres no redline. Is the 10k mark the redline?

grayscale
03-31-2007, 05:42 PM
Man that thing is sick!

atrac7gts
03-31-2007, 06:03 PM
ohh myy goddd i am so jealous....i seriously went through all pictures of the car and drooled...when the light hits that car in some angles...wow...props for that car man, it's around 190-ish, right, hP wise? and i see the weather in chicago is picking up, huh? wish i could say the same for michigan...:/

goretro77
03-31-2007, 06:05 PM
thanks guys, i appreciate the compliments! :bigthumbu

The 2ZZGE has a redline of 8500rpms. There is a shift light on the dash that lights when you hit around 7500. Really, there's not much to gain from the engine past 8k so I set that as my shift point. VVTL-i swaps cams around 5700 on my '06 Elise which I like because it helps me stay 'on the cam' between shifts. I think the cam swap came later in the revs for '05 Elise/Exige.

This shift point is set much lower by the ECU when the engine oil is still cold.

goretro77
03-31-2007, 06:38 PM
it's around 190-ish, right, hP wise? and i see the weather in chicago is picking up, huh? wish i could say the same for michigan...:/

Its 190HP and the car weighs 1900 pounds. Chicago weather is getting better but we have rains for this weekend. Grrrr...........

Slider
03-31-2007, 07:29 PM
Are you planning on taking it autocrossing?

goretro77
03-31-2007, 08:29 PM
Are you planning on taking it autocrossing?

You bet! :bigthumbu I am ordering a harness bar and harnesses soon.

Slider
03-31-2007, 08:38 PM
Here's the schedule for the WCMC ones http://www.windycitymiataclub.com/autox/ I've had a good experience with that club last year. :bigthumbu

Cavanagh
04-01-2007, 05:54 AM
Oh BTW, Nice Puma Speedcats!

goretro77
04-01-2007, 11:55 PM
Oh BTW, Nice Puma Speedcats!

heh heh thanks Cavanagh....this is the first car where i find it necessary to have narrow shoes with a very sensitive sole for the pedal 'feel'. I love the speedcats.

Cavanagh
04-02-2007, 01:54 AM
Yea me too, I'm on my 4th pair :)

goretro77
10-24-2008, 01:14 AM
just adding a collection of the most recent pics I took from this summer:

cruising buddies:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/08302008_notfwd/_D303429_cropped.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/08302008_notfwd/_D303417_adj.jpg

i didn't spend too much time photochoppin' this pic but still like it:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/1012_2008_ontherun/_D305359_rotated_done.jpg

extremeskillz
10-24-2008, 04:16 AM
Sweet, love the pics!

geebes
10-24-2008, 04:31 AM
Help me figure out how you took this. Are you in another car riding next to it going in a circle?

goretro77
10-25-2008, 03:34 AM
Help me figure out how you took this. Are you in another car riding next to it going in a circle?

geebes - no sir, I was not in another car - I was the driver in the Elise and the Elise was moving. The camera is pacing along with the car.

Thanks extremeskillz! Glad you like them!

geebes
10-25-2008, 04:20 AM
I'm still confused.

Trance4c
10-25-2008, 04:46 AM
Ya, lots of very nice clean quality cars.

goretro77
10-25-2008, 06:24 AM
I'm still confused.

:) geebes I will let your mind soak on this because I know as a fellow photographer that its very satisfying when you unlock a little photography puzzle like this on your own.
I will gladly tell you the solution if you like but I think you rather figure it out, right? It is actually kinda funny once you find out how its done.

BTW...I have always enjoyed the pics you submit! :bigthumbu you have skillz! :)

Thanks trance4c! :bowdown:

Here's another angle from that night:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/1012_2008_ontherun/_D305245_rotated_11_done_el.jpg

Cavanagh
10-26-2008, 12:12 AM
I dont know either, but great pictures!

geebes
10-26-2008, 03:36 AM
BTW...I have always enjoyed the pics you submit! :bigthumbu you have skillz! :)

Thank you! :)

Did someone else take the picture, following your car with a sweeping motion?...I'm lost. :bowdown:

goretro77
10-26-2008, 04:10 AM
Thank you! :)

Did someone else take the picture, following your car with a sweeping motion?...I'm lost. :bowdown:

:bigthumbu

I am sending you a PM since I'm not sure others care to know...

car
10-26-2008, 04:32 AM
I care to know! I'm moderately interested in photography, nothing serious, just a small time hobby with an ancient pentax. I'm fairly convinced someone else takes the pictures or, you put your camera on a very trustworthy, sturdy, and long sticky-pod type thing and then photoshop it out...

goretro77
10-26-2008, 04:36 AM
you put your camera on a very trustworthy, sturdy, and long sticky-pod type thing and then photoshop it out...

Bingo! :sneak:

do not use the stickypod, its a waste of money. You can go magnets or suction - its up to you.

car
10-26-2008, 05:05 AM
Cool, I figured it out. Just curious, about how far does it stick out from the side of your car, and aren't you paranoid that your camera will take a small, yet fatal, tumble?

goretro77
10-26-2008, 05:32 AM
Cool, I figured it out. Just curious, about how far does it stick out from the side of your car, and aren't you paranoid that your camera will take a small, yet fatal, tumble?

lol! it sticks out 16 feet. Yes, thats right...16 feet. :ohnoes:

Yup! Thats why its good to have a friend spot your camera - it does not guarantee that your camera will not die a spectacular death - no risk no rewards y'know!

I read somewhere that its not the camera you own but what you do with it...that stuck in my head since I read it. :wiggle:

goretro77
10-31-2008, 02:43 AM
last one from that night. I only like this one because its all moonlight ...no street lights on the car:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/1012_2008_ontherun/_D305245_rotated_11_done_el.jpg

goretro77
01-24-2009, 03:32 AM
Conan O'Brien drives an Elise (first part of the video).

He is 6'5" - the entry was easier for a first timer his size because the hardtop is not on.

He kills the engine in the first 10 feet. :lolhittin
He's not used to the Momo steering wheel?!?! haha!

http://www.nbc.com/Late_Night_with_Conan_O%27Brien/video/clips/detroit-auto-show-12109/954821/

Trance4c
01-24-2009, 05:50 AM
^ I love the American manufacturing bashing though, everything doesn't fit, or isn't what we are looking for politically feel; cheapen the experience presenter, etc.

Its no wonder that none of American products in the automotive industry are hitting well in the popular culture scene isn't it? Not that I'm saying Lotus is American, but the whole thing all together.. individuals involved and broadcasting, the chevy speal etc..etc.

goretro77
01-24-2009, 02:47 PM
^ I love the American manufacturing bashing though, everything doesn't fit, or isn't what we are looking for politically feel; cheapen the experience presenter, etc.

Its no wonder that none of American products in the automotive industry are hitting well in the popular culture scene isn't it? Not that I'm saying Lotus is American, but the whole thing all together.. individuals involved and broadcasting, the chevy speal etc..etc.

Yes. Many broadcasters 'get the story wrong' or just cheapen the experience with their attempts to 'liven it up' for the audience. I take their articles with a grain of salt.

American car manufacturers are trying to re-capture the youth market from the imports with new styles/vehicle concepts but there is a lot of preconceptions they need to overcome. I hope they have good luck. Build 'em right and they will come. :USA:
Looks like Dodge is borrowing Lotus lightweight chassis.

back to the Elise:
For the power hungry folks - Elise supercharged anyone?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDf9YEnIUFQ

I prefer mine normally aspirated to keep the weight down as much as possible and preserve the feel of the car. Your taste may vary, its all good.
I drove a friend's supercharged Elise. Good torque but at the 10/10 limit I can feel a little different attitude in its handling. My thinking is that I got the car for its handling, not power, so I'm happy to keep my NA Elise.

goretro77
01-27-2009, 04:56 AM
One of the things I am thinking of doing is adding a hinge kit on the rear clam of the Elise. The way it is from the factory is that you unbolt is - set it aside and work on the car, the actual removal of the rear clam takes 2 people. The hinge kit eliminates that need and makes rear access much faster. I am still investigating this kit and all the work involved. I am still kicking the idea around.

Here is a video of the work being done as taped by a fellow Lotus owner, he also installed a rear grill eliminator kit to reduce more weight and a laser jammer.

Readying the Elise for the coming driving season (time lapse video):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k32DetxV2w

goretro77
03-14-2009, 08:44 PM
Back in car mode - the weather is starting to shift.

Speaking of shifting...

Decided to tackle the number one complaint I have concerning the Elise, its the vague feeling shifter. To cut costs Lotus used bushings and there is play in the front shifter assembly, shifter is not adjustable for OEM but this new kit allows for 4 different adjustments. A car engineer who owns a Elise himself has designed this kit and its receiving great reviews.

as it arrived:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/_D309195.jpg

beautiful work:
Straight peice in the back connects to the cross-gate cable and will now be adjustable. L piece is for the shift cable).

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/_D309219.jpg
note the lowest right portion of the L shaped piece has a slight bevel cut on the end, that was a nagging problem found int he kit where 2mm of it would touch the crossgate lever at its shortest setting. This has been tested to be ok, even under race conditions.

I don't want to mess with the settings and I'll install it the way it is setup as shipped.
It is set at the 2nd shortest throw.

Other angles:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/_D309216.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/_D309217.jpg

Added in the kit are end of cable sheaths to prevent any wear to the existing cables sheaths, more of the cable is exposed with the new linkage so the designer provided 2 of these in the kit. Nice touch.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/_D309209.jpg

Nice touch to include the bolt and spacer for the front shifter assembly:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/_D309206.jpg

new Cable bracket since the new linkage requires a tweak to the shift and crossgate cable approach angles:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/_D309220.jpg

goretro77
03-14-2009, 10:37 PM
This is the stock setup illustrated:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/goretro77/linkagestock01.jpg

basically replacing what is there with something a lot more cleaned up with the slop eliminated. The movement can now be described as 'butter'. :P