PDA

View Full Version : Plymouth Laser vs TT 300zx

fiveSFE
04-06-2006, 03:49 AM
I was bored on saturday night so i decided to go out cruising since i havnt gone in a while. I ended up heading to the illegals but did not race because i only had about a 1/4 tank of gas left which i needed to get home with and for the rest of the night. but there were alto of fast cars out.

On the way back from the illegals, im in the back of the line and this 300zx comes flying passed me going about 80 or 90, so i get behind and chase him down. He was going way to fast so i was just cruising at about 60 or so and i finally caught up to him in the front of the pack. and i see one of my friends in the passenger seat of the Z who told me to slow down so we could do a roll.

we slow to about 45 i start the honking, on the third honk we took off. I gave him a bit of a jump since i was honking, then i smashed the gas and caught up and passed him, shifted into 3rd with a bit of a grind and i kept on pulling on him. 4th gear was coming up he was about 3 cars behind me, i shifted into 4th and accelerated just past 115 and he was about 5 cars behind.

later on that night i was talking to a few friends who drive n/a 300zx's and they all said that the one i raced was claimed to have 400hp.

i was on about 40% 100 octane and 60% 91 octane mix on 21-23psi. I guess word got around and another twin turbo z wants to race me, i guess its supposed to be faster than this one.

Doctor Jinxed
04-06-2006, 04:02 AM
cool kill, dude. i really wonder, you ever dynod the laser? any vids of it in action?

fiveSFE
04-06-2006, 05:27 AM
na ive never dynoed it just because there isnt an awd dyno whithin a 100 miles, but i just met a guy that just opened a shop that has one, so once i get all the little kinks worked out and my other tranny on and a set of cams ill probably get some numbers and get it tuned proffessionally.

theres a vid on my friends camera of me taking down a 350z, ill have to ask him about it, but this was on my old setup with a 16g, stock i/c and untuned.

GT4SOM
04-11-2006, 05:40 AM
Nice kill dude! 300zx are much vs light 4 cyl. I raced one on a causeway here in town. The guy had a nice setup and claimed he was pushing 350hp. Easy kill on the highway, I pretty much walked his ass all the way. I don't know what would have happened from a stop though. I just know those things are rediculously heavy. How much does your awd laser weigh in at?

fiveSFE
04-11-2006, 09:38 PM
with me in it, spare tire and all, with a half tank it came it at 3150lbs

undecided
04-17-2006, 07:37 PM
how much do u think ur running, compared to similiar setups that were dyno'd?

fiveSFE
04-18-2006, 09:12 PM
similar setups as me are around 330-360hp on pump gas on around 19psi.

when i get my new clutch/flywheel, and my other tranny in, me and some freinds are looking to rent out the track early next month, so hopefully ill get some good times.