PDA

View Full Version : Tighten my Windows

ty_44_69
04-04-2006, 11:34 PM
I'm noticing my windows are becoming extremly loose!
If you roll them half the way down....or anywhere, you can move them side to side a lot. Like when you shut the door it's as if they are just going to fall apart. Is there anyway to tighten them back up so there isn't so much play. I'm afraid they will break if I don't tighten them soon!!

ty_44_69
04-05-2006, 01:51 PM
SOMEONE HELP ME! Someone must have run into this problem with their windows getting sloppy or loose!????

Luis C
04-05-2006, 03:22 PM
Remove the door trim panel and tighten the two bolts on the top. Someone posted pictures and a write up about this same problem, I cant seem to find them

ty_44_69
04-05-2006, 08:17 PM
how tight? I take it this is a touch and feel thing, if you do it to tight you'll probably break something. Probably just tighten a bit, try it out, etc...
Ya if you had any pics at which two bolts you are talking about that would be nice. I'm sure if I take off the trim I'll be able to see them though. Anymore help would be appreciated!

TEAMFaint
04-05-2006, 08:24 PM
I had this problem, just take off your door panel, you cant miss the two huge screws @ the top holding the pane of glass. Dont tighten them too tight!!! If you do, expect cracking to happen almost immediately. I believe you'll need a 12mm socket or a 14mm, pretty sure its a 12mm though. You cant miss them, they are copper in color if I do remember correctly. Goodluck Ty!

ty_44_69
04-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Thank Faint.......
P.S I hope Calgary wins the cup, because Toronto isn't hahaha