PDA

View Full Version : need advise for 89 GT engine swap

dantheman78
04-01-2006, 08:35 AM
iv started looking into geting some HP under the hood of my 89 GT celica.

its a 3s-fe engine i was thinking an engine kit for this engine would be useless, maybe i should get a supra turbo engine in it and some transmition or something better like some other swap that dosent have to many electronic problems or has a decent quality for price ratio.I bet some of you got some good ideas. hope to hear something to help me out

schmooot
04-01-2006, 09:15 PM
easiest swap would be a 3S-GE....more powerful swap would be a 3S-GTE but that one would cost quite a bit more

xeril
04-03-2006, 11:15 PM
i still wanna swap a 2nd or 3rd gen 3sge into a 5th gen. maybe it will be a future project...

carlosfandango
04-06-2006, 01:42 AM
supra turbo engine wont fit unless you modify engine bay dramatically.

as mentioned, toyota made celica's with more powerful engines and the sensible gods suggest you look there.

also - try the generation specific forums.

Kingsoup
04-08-2006, 07:30 PM
It sounds like you are pretty new to this stuff.

Honestly, just buy a Celica with more power. Sell your GT and get a GTS. Even a standard 135hp 3SGE is really nice! A good upgrade from the ole 3SFE.

Youds
04-08-2006, 08:20 PM
any s series should mount up nicely both to ur mounts and tranny. if u keep in the same gen and take the ge im quite sure the ecus are the same and if not are not hard to swap thje wires. like they said its 135hp. if u need more there is the gte which is most commonly found out of the 5th gens (st185) engines. they are about 220 hp if u get the jdm style but i think u need a clip and wirings a bitch but if u want boost there u go ;p. and just for fun there is also the 5sfe which is just pretty much a bigger 3sfe puts out about 135 like the ge but redline is low and wiring should be harder than the ge. if u really want power do the gte but be willing to spend. ge would be cheap and easy though and it looks cool hahaha

88GT2GTS
04-10-2006, 08:08 PM
im quite sure the ecus are the same and if not are not

3SFE and 3SGE ECU's are not the same, neither is the harness.