PDA

View Full Version : 3m clear bra

Dlux4life
03-31-2006, 08:48 PM
Any one ever try out the clear bra by 3m? I am getting a new front bumper set up and getting new paint. I would hate to see it end up looking like my did after 3 months!...I would deff. have a shop put it on...but it would have to be custom cut b/c i am sure they dont make a kit for the cs bumper. Any input on how the product is, or experiences with it would be great!

Playfortoday
03-31-2006, 09:27 PM
I use it on my motorcycles. It works wonderfully. Follow the application instructions, and change out as it start taking a beating. Usually, it lasts for a couple years on a bike since the front wheel spits directly into the lower cowling. I am not sure how long it lasts on a car.

BOBST165
03-31-2006, 09:58 PM
The world could use a few more clear bras

Azzazzyn
03-31-2006, 11:57 PM
The world could use a few more clear bras
qft :bowdown:

All4Traction
04-01-2006, 12:56 AM
A guy near me sells and installs these. They seem like a very good investment to save your expensive new, or even older paint job. They also remove easily without peeling paint off. I would NEVER use a fabric bra, but i would definately personally buy the 3m kit.

I give it 3 thumbs up :bigthumbu :bigthumbu :bigthumbu

Refyused
04-01-2006, 01:11 AM
They're really nice. I used to work at a VW/Buick dealership and I must say they really do help protect the paint.

To my knowledge they custom cut them as you need them, though I may be wrong. I know they custom cut them for some of the cars we had at the dealership.

Dlux4life
04-01-2006, 03:57 PM
Yea, they seem like a good idea...problem for me is finding a place that is willing to custom cut one for me and put it on. I figure if they dont have the material in stock i could find a bulk role of the stuff online. I have seen a few sites with a big roles of it...stuff isnt cheap though. Thanks alot guys!