PDA

View Full Version : Official Celica Movie!!!

DJMC_Celica
01-06-2005, 02:34 AM
:bigthumbu Ok, I tried this awhile back with trying to get together a bunch of vids, for an official 6th gen video. But unfortunetly i didnt have much support! So...i want to extend it out among all Celicas 1-7gens and i want to make the vid better than the Redline movies. Celicas arnt given as much credit as Hondas, Acuras, and Mitsu's are given. With enough support this should be an awesome vid.

File Types that i need, .wmv and mpg (this is for the best quality) if they are too big, please zip them in a folder and you can e-mail them to me. Thanks

Some Ideas of Shots:
1. Engine
2. Street Races (not that i support it)
3. Inside driving
4. Flybys
5. Peeling out
6. System shots
7. Rim shots :saythat:
8. Anything an everything you can get to look cool!

Thanks for your time,
DJ MC
Hope this is a success. I do this stuff for a living, and i know i can make this vid amazing!

3S-GTE_Man
01-06-2005, 12:09 PM
i can get 1,2,3,4,7 but for some of them plates would have to be blered out!

Nezza :wiggle:

3S-GTE_Man
01-06-2005, 12:13 PM
i'll try to get some in car drag strip races fo the celica...that be good! and dyno runs

Toyota_Todd
01-06-2005, 12:45 PM
Wow, You said "Rim Shots". :hehe:

Jaemus
01-06-2005, 01:26 PM
lol
so youre after clips to compose into a montage of sorts?
ill have a look through my stuff

DJMC_Celica
01-06-2005, 02:35 PM
lol
so youre after clips to compose into a montage of sorts?
ill have a look through my stuff

Exactly! Also i had to edit my main post to let you know what file types i need!

DJMC_Celica
01-06-2005, 02:39 PM
The plates blured out are fine, you will just have to do it yourself, i am good, but it would be hard to blur a moving car! hahaha

galcrazi
01-06-2005, 06:51 PM
but u said ur a pro man :confused: if u cant do it then unfortunatly none of us will prally be able to?? unles we drive around without tags... which im not willing to risk. My advice would be to just edit out all segments that show a tag visibly

DJMC_Celica
01-06-2005, 07:23 PM
I am a pro, i just know from previous experience that it take any where from 20min to an hour to edit small stuff like that out. I would edit segmants that show plates, unless you really don't care? Then let me know.
Thanks DJ MC

Mike431635
01-06-2005, 08:03 PM
I have some vids here:
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=840

Also, I have a video that has dyno runs for 3 or 4 of the Tampa crew. I'll host it tonight and post a link. I also have some other good Celi videos that we could use.

As for the license plates, it's no big deal. Have you ever seen the Supra videos, like Redline? They don't blur their plates, and they have memorable ones like "1000HP" :P Don't even waste your time.

DJMC_Celica
01-06-2005, 10:06 PM
THose would be great but they are .AVI and i dont have anything to convert AVI to mpg?

Mike431635
01-06-2005, 11:18 PM
You can find programs to convert them on download.com.. some are freeware, I do believe.

DJMC_Celica
01-06-2005, 11:53 PM
Any suggestions? anyone....

GT4SOM
01-07-2005, 12:52 AM
DUde if I had a supra with 1000hp I would definately blur out my tag. Man they can just trace the tag down and jack yo shit.

DJMC_Celica
01-07-2005, 01:12 AM
Funny story, my buddy was driving by a local tv station doing the weather, in my area by the street, so my buddy sees them, and to think he is the shit, he peels out and the camera catches it. He goes home 3hrs later and the police were waiting for him there! they ticketed him for half of his car. Lucky him they didn't impound it!

GT4SOM
01-07-2005, 01:25 AM
What do you mean they ticketed him for half his car?

Jaemus
01-07-2005, 03:09 AM
arent you using premiere or something? although, those ones are Motion JPEG and even for premeire youll need to download a codec

DJMC_Celica
01-07-2005, 03:13 AM
I am useing Pinnacle Systems... It uses AVI but it freazes up a lot, just give me what you have but nothing else, because of quality reasons

AVI
WMV
MPG

DJMC_Celica
01-07-2005, 03:15 AM
What do you mean they ticketed him for half his car?

He tried getting out of it, and the police asked him to start his car, so they nailed him for Tints, Graphics on windows, Exhaust, Aftermarket Intake. A whole bunch of dumb crap. Cops do stupid sh*t to get ya a ticket

bitskyline
01-11-2005, 07:53 AM
oh jeez i got sooo many movies of my car like 3 or 4 hi8 tapes full..... BUT.... how do i get it into the comuter and to you? if yea want them... i couuuuuld send yea vhs of them. lol i'm not paying for it though haha sorry. maybe i can get the play tv or what ever its called (lol i got them at work haha *radio shack*) i'f ya wanna know more just email me bitskyline@hotmail.com

my car isn't much but hey.. i just got it 4 months ago and i just got a new job. SAVING TILL SUMMER!! maybe turbo.... :D

DJMC_Celica
01-11-2005, 05:01 PM
DO you have a way of hooking your camera up to your computer? then play the tapes and record them into your computer?

kinick313
01-17-2005, 08:58 PM
im take some this weekend

bitskyline
01-18-2005, 05:01 AM
GREAT NEWS!!! i got a tv tuner for my computer now i got to get the movies on :) so far i only got winter driving and ebraking good enough ? footage isn;t the best cuz it is skrewed into the back fiber board over the trunk.. in the process of making a head rest braket, any suggestions ? i need em...
EMAIL ME!! if you got any questions or wanna just show me your footage oh any tell me who do i send it to ? or where to post it on a site. like that parent directory things i see all the time . how do i do that ?

bloodredgt
02-09-2005, 03:37 AM
is this actually going down? Doesn't look like it.

GT4SOM
02-11-2005, 04:16 AM
Its probably going to end up with mostly 7th gens. :ghey: No offense but I don't think it would be anything spectacular to have a bunch of them. I see them everyday.

roman
02-11-2005, 07:01 AM
I'm uploading some autocross videos of my Celica from way back when I first started autocrossing.

http://www.altarf.net/misc/temp/celica

DJMC_Celica
02-11-2005, 01:42 PM
Don't worry this is going down, and it wont be just 7th geners

MoralWarfare
02-12-2005, 04:28 PM
1) What makes this the "Official" celica movie?
2) Will you have rally footage?
3) What's the general layout?

GT4SOM
02-12-2005, 06:47 PM
:STUPID: Yeah you will definately need some rally footage. I'd like to see some st-165/85. Rally is a big part of celica history.

Syn
02-13-2005, 11:22 PM
Being more into videography than most here (i would think), lemme just mention you can't make any 'official' video without getting written permission from Toyota. So don't even label it as such. With the internet and how quickly these videos get around someone with a lot of legal resources will see it.

You need the same permission from the production/distribution houses than own any rally footage, etc. Ever since the whole MP3 copyright stories, and recently DVD pirating, lots of copyright shit goes down these days, don't get yourself stuck with a lawsuit - they DO happen. They even happen to university students that use someone else's footage or music for a non-profit project.

Just a friendly warning ;)

90CelicaST
02-21-2005, 03:44 AM
Maybe you guys can help. I have a friend that can contribute to the vid, but we can't find anywhere to host. Got any suggestions?

bitskyline
02-22-2005, 05:16 AM
yea i've been lookin and i can't find any free ones i'm cheap :bigthumbu

DJMC_Celica
05-11-2005, 09:14 PM
I just finished 15min of raw footage (thats a lot) haha anyways hit me back anyone still interested?
Thanks,
DJMC

goretro77
05-13-2005, 06:06 AM
I have videos in the www.classic-celica.com - Hot Celica Gallery - videos section. I have posted some of my stuff but can send you more. They are of road racing/open track videos.

lavy_gts
05-17-2005, 01:03 AM
Ive done a few of these for school and my local car website, and well they turn out awsome, i only am familiar with Windows movie maker (which only has limited effects) but they can still look real sweet, im looking forward to seeing your finished product.

P.s. what editing program do you use?

Cyvillian
05-17-2005, 06:26 PM
I've actually taken a couple classes in moving making as well, and blurring plates SHOULDN'T be that big of a problem. It's easily done in professional programs such as Final Cut Pro, or even Adobe Premiere. I'd really like to see some 5SFTE action here.

And if you guys want, I can host this from my cable connection at home. I'll have about 90kB/sec to share with everybody, so we might want to check into other hosting options, such as BitTorrent if this isn't adequite. I'd like to see a Celica movie get made. I think public TV broadcasts like WRC runs are fair game as well, which is good news!

96celica
05-23-2005, 04:53 PM
although DJMC hates 6gc.net
OH WELL

i'm making the 6gc.net video
dj i'll probably send you some video a lil later on after june of all the stuff i have

DJMC_Celica
05-23-2005, 08:56 PM
Hahaha speaking of 6gc.net everyone on this board will like my ending!!! hahaha in a sense you can call mean, cruel whatever, but 6gc deserves it!

96celica
05-26-2005, 04:29 PM
if your goin to do that then go bite yourself
you won't be seeing any video that i have to offer

i'm sorry guys but i was in this to add to the celica community's enjoyment via video of a FULL COMMUNITY
not so some kid can be bashing through a video i'll let everyone know when mine comes out feel free to also send me video if you'd like

lavy_gts
05-26-2005, 08:18 PM
hey man this is for fun dont get all pissy about it?
If you love this 6gc.net site so much then why arn't you over there???

:wiggle: <-- I love this little guy

96celica
05-26-2005, 08:30 PM
i don't LOVE 6gc.net
its just another community that i belong to as well
and i'm sorry this is for fun...
but bashing sumone's site in a movie intended to be fun is no good

defgeph
05-27-2005, 12:12 AM
JW, DJMC do you have any of my video's that i posted ?

DEF