PDA

View Full Version : Possible future build (out of the box thinkers needed)

johnL
03-27-2006, 06:16 PM
I am right in the middle of a 16hr shift so maybe my brain is running off kilter a bit. :D

Anyway, my question/build is how much different is the 7th gen celica engine bay from the new scion's bay? Has anyone checked on the possibility of putting the new 2.4l w/supercharger into the 7th gen celica? The worst thing Toyota did was came out with this new crappy car (IMO) without trying the new motor and SC on the 7th gen celica. All the owner or even those who took one out knows that car was lacking torque. 200hp and (from what I have seen) 184lb feet of torque. And that is only 7lbs of boost!!! Add that engine combo to a 2500lb car.... man, that thing would be quick. With this swap you could show Toyota they made the wrong move in not trying this on the 7th gen celica before killing it forever!!! :squint:

John L.

Mister2T
03-27-2006, 06:19 PM
good idea john, just trying to find something that would want to spend the $$ on it.

Colossus20v
03-27-2006, 06:43 PM
I think it would fit. Might be a little tall. But it would be nice. I wish toyota would have something a little higher end to compete on the Civic SI and the rsx-type s level. THe Scion is a nice car though. I think HKS had 800hp outta the 2af-ze engine.

T-spoon
03-27-2006, 10:56 PM
I like the idea, but you're not going to find a used TRD SC for it, they aren't offered as a factory option, you have to buy the car and then buy the SC from parts directly have toyota put it on. At 3200 for just the SC kit.. ouch.. $$$$$$

Of course you could do a custom setup to boost the 2AZ, but as far as the "factory".. too pricey IMO.

xeril
04-05-2006, 09:31 AM
just make the 7th gens come stock with trd exhaust, cold air intake, and pfc.. and you'd be set :)

celica9303
04-05-2006, 04:50 PM
the TRD supercharger is weak... stock the TC puts put about 160 at the flywheel and the sc only adds another 40 to make it 200. go turbo with the 7thgen engine it will be much quicker than the TC motor because of the higer rev capibilities. but the tc motor is torque monster.

T-spoon
04-05-2006, 05:33 PM
the TRD supercharger is weak... stock the TC puts put about 160 at the flywheel and the sc only adds another 40 to make it 200. go turbo with the 7thgen engine it will be much quicker than the TC motor because of the higer rev capibilities. but the tc motor is torque monster.

Correction, the supercharger is not weak, that's just what it is limited to. Remember you're looking at what they want to have as a "factory" type setup. If you used your own engine management and supporting mods, that supercharger could have that 2az putting out a lot of power. Not cost effective, IMO, but it's not the charger's fault, it's the Kit's fault. It only targets 200 for marketing and warranty reasons, not because it's not capable of more.

cms-gt4
04-05-2006, 05:40 PM
I had concidered this same idea except to swap it in an alltrac. I had spun a bearing and thought about building one of these scion engines instead to save weight. I spent some time in the scion community. They are making some decent power and quick passes with a turbo kit and piggy back on stock internals. 12's I do believe. I bet a built engine with a stand alone could be pretty capable. Especially if its in a lighter car like the 7th gen celica.

xeril
04-06-2006, 09:53 AM
but, with a 3sgte.. all you need is a ct27 and you should be able to hit 12's... very high 12's, but 12's nonetheless

cms-gt4
04-06-2006, 08:53 PM
I was more interested in the weight drop for handling. But I opted for the 3s got the sake of time and ease.