PDA

View Full Version : HI all Noob 90' to 93 motor swap

extrem82starlet
03-27-2006, 02:58 AM
ok im here to ask a question and i apologize if its in the wrong place. I dont know a lot about these cars.but here recently my g/f was hit in her 90 celica GT (tunk body style) totaling the back half of the car. She also has a 93 Celica thats a hatch back with a sun roof. i was wondering how i would go about checking to see if i can pull the motor from the 90 and put it in the 93. Its a really bad time trying to find a house and having her only mode of transport totaled so i was hoping mabey i could do some research and see if it was possible to use them both to make one good car for her. if you have any info on where to look for engine codes and other things that might make it not work. Email me or jsut post here. i apperciate all help very much.
THanx
Benji

PhillyDRFT
03-27-2006, 05:52 AM
theres minor differences between the two motors, try and search see what comes up, the 92 93 has a knock sensor and a diff computer. All in all they are identicle but youll have to change some minor wiring

90CelicaST
03-28-2006, 03:54 AM
Yes, it is a direct swap. Just make sure you use the 1990 harness and ECU, and you should be fine.