PDA

View Full Version : wiper blades

85gtsblackman
03-26-2006, 11:57 PM
just wondering what wiper blades u guys use and how do they work

im currently running michelins on both cars and they work as good as the bosch ones i had , when they were new of course

i had toyota factory blades which were fine for about 2 months and then streaked horribly and smeared

Slider
03-27-2006, 05:23 AM
I had the best luck from the cheap ones from murray's, I think the brand is Anco, spend extra on Bosch and they performed worse than the Ancos. So I'm back to Anco.

GT4SOM
03-27-2006, 05:38 AM
I forget the brand of my blades but I do recall they are made from teflon. They wipe pretty damn good till they get around two years old :hehe: I'll replace them when it starts to rain alot.

COLDAX
03-27-2006, 06:15 AM
Rain X brand blades. They work well for about 6 months.

daveryan
03-27-2006, 05:52 PM
PIAA, they make one with the "spoiler" similar to my Alltrac's OEM. I had problems using blades lacking the spoiler.

Luis C
03-27-2006, 06:00 PM
Champion F1 "Rally Proven". I have almost a year with them and they are still in good condition.

As for the spoiler thingy... I just replace the rubber blade, the rest of the assy is still OEM

dan93st
03-29-2006, 07:40 AM
I forget the brand of my blades but I do recall they are made from teflon. They wipe pretty damn good till they get around two years old :hehe: I'll replace them when it starts to rain alot.

I'll second that - I've had the teflon blades on my car for nearly a year and a half, and they havent started cracking or streaking yet. I'd highly recommend them - I was changing the rubber ones about ever 6 months.

Borinal
03-29-2006, 07:22 PM
It definately has a lot to do with your local climate. But all blades are definately NOT created equally.
I've been having pretty good luck with the Anco, no one makes repalcement wipers for the MR2 that I could find so OEM is the only way... Which I would like to do but not for $80 the blades have held up this entier winter though, they were cheap also. Now there are some other ones that haven't lasted more than a couple of months that have gone to shit but I don't think that you have to spend a grip to get a good blade.

Borinal
03-29-2006, 07:25 PM
I'll second that - I've had the teflon blades on my car for nearly a year and a half, and they havent started cracking or streaking yet. I'd highly recommend them - I was changing the rubber ones about ever 6 months.

I've seen those and wanted to try them but they were only in the Wiper Form and I wasn't willing to pay the $12.99 just for a blade. (The wipers don't work on my Yota.) Know of anywhere just to pick up the blades? Mine from the start of winter are still working great (rubber anco's) but I'd not mind trying some better ones. As a rule of thumb I do them about twice a year, these are starting to streak a little and drag... I hate that. They work though.