PDA

View Full Version : Cat-Back Exhaust

Cavanagh
03-24-2006, 03:28 AM
Hey i was wondering if anyone knows a company where i can get a full cat-back system for my 1993 st. so far it has been super tough and i have only found items for the gt and all trac. If there are none what so ever, i guess i will just have to get a muffler. any company names that you guys recommend.

P.S. really like the hks hi-power, do you think the universal mufflers are as good as specific made ones?
Thanks,
Cavanagh

hobbie2k
03-24-2006, 04:58 AM
The muffler itself may be as good as the mufflers on the application specific cat-back, but the cat-back also includes larger piping with (hopefully) fewer bends. This means that the cat-back will give you a bigger power gain as well as a better sound (the stand-alone muffler will probably just make the car louder without seeing any significant power gain).

You can use the universal mufflers with a custom built exhaust system that will give you all the advantages of the cat-back (with more options), but it will be more expensive.

yotas4life
03-24-2006, 06:10 AM
hey i have a 4afe header and 4afe hks exhuast, with a straight pipe, but the way there set up you have to use the straight pipe AND the cat beucase the exuasht is 6'' too short and the header is 6'' too short, so the stirght pipe is 12 inches long

ill sell it all for $400

BOBST165
03-24-2006, 07:11 PM
try Mac Auto Parts and Accessories they have exhaust for every thing they have one on ebay right now for your car

Cavanagh
03-27-2006, 06:01 PM
ok thanks for the info,and yotas, if i can scrunge up the money, i will probably do it but where did you find a 4afe header exhaust from hks?

oK I just checked that place out, and those are oem replacements for my exhaust and i wondering if anyone knew if there where any that where aftermarket preformance catbacks or mufflers, but cats are mostly preferred.

Cavanagh