PDA

View Full Version : I need to drive her...

4thgenceli
03-15-2006, 04:43 AM
I can't wait until the swap.. I gotta drive her NOW.

I'm doing emergancy surgery in bit (as soon as the garage clears out).

Here's my choices...

A) order JDM 3sfe motor, swap out motor w/ rod knock for JDM motor. Mess with EGR shit to make pass visual.

B) Rebuild bottom end. I doubt this is gonna happen.....

C) Buy 3sfe bottom end, swap out bottom ends (keeping my head and all USDM shit, head only has 8k on it since rebuild).

Then replace CV's (mine are shit) replace the shocks with my KYB's (will arrive 2morrow) and fix my PS leak.

I just HAVE to drive her again...

4thgenceli
03-15-2006, 02:32 PM
:bump: for boredom.

Colossus20v
03-15-2006, 02:39 PM
Well keep us posted. Have you found any good deals on a 3sfe lately?

4thgenceli
03-15-2006, 02:44 PM
Found a JDM 3sfe on ebay for about 210 + 180 shipping (buy it now price).

Colossus20v
03-15-2006, 03:29 PM
not a bad deal. Do you really have to worry about passing a visual?

4thgenceli
03-15-2006, 04:43 PM
Yes. However, I'm now having 2nd doubts as if the FE has rod knock. I'm gonna get it running, so I can pull a clip.

Kingsoup
03-15-2006, 04:48 PM
Better make sure you know what is wrong with your current motor before deciding to get another one.

4thgenceli
03-15-2006, 04:58 PM
Well..

Few months ago I thought clutch blew. Turned out it was just the slave cylinder that crapped out. I ended up replacing the clutch anyway, because I found the major culprit of oil leak was the rear main. As well, the clutch was cracking and ready to shit in prolly 10k miles.

Then my valves started acting up (ticking). The head was rebuilt already, only had 8k on it. So I started the valve adjustment. Had to wait a few weeks to get the shims, and in that time the fuel rail broke, and I had fire which took out my injectors too.

So now I'm waiting to hear back from sumone to buy new injectors. Then I'll get the engine running again and change oil. As well grab a sound clip of the engine. I'm starting to think it's indeed just valves and NOT rod knock now. But who am I? I'm a total newb when it comes to rod knock..