PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever seen this Caliper Cover?

Oishi
03-15-2006, 04:10 AM
I find out about caliper cover, and then I saw this web...
www.eycatchercalipercover.com
I think the quality of this will be better than currently product and it does not have a brand on caliper cover. They give sticker in the package. So, I can paint my own brand that Iíd prefer.
You think itís great!!?

Galcobar
03-15-2006, 05:36 AM
So, lets put something on the car to pretend we have a big break kit -- add something that pretends to be performance but actually is just posing....

Ladies and gentlement, I believe we have an entry for the dictionary under Rice: definition.

mtp_69_i
03-15-2006, 05:51 AM
Hey Oishi,

What sorta rice wagon do you get around in buddy? Maybe I'll spray my drums red and write EYESCRATCHING in poska, you think that'll impress the hunnies?

:slap:

86Sleeper
03-15-2006, 05:55 AM
^^^^^Absolutely. If I was a lady, I would be all over that!!!!!

angryyoungnpoor
03-15-2006, 07:49 AM
Ooooh, wow. Type R's. Those must be like... amazing.

Let's put this one in the :ghey: category.

ciento44
03-15-2006, 09:27 AM
I put those right up there with these. Hell, get both.

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1

d1alltrac
03-15-2006, 10:55 AM
:ghey:

im sorry, that is the funniest emoticon ive seen in a while. :laugh:

4thgenceli
03-15-2006, 02:31 PM
I put it in the SPAM! catagory!

Douche running around posting it on bunch of boards (already on 4gc).

=cJ=
03-15-2006, 10:28 PM
/me smells a marketing shill

lavy_gts
03-16-2006, 12:51 AM
well, 4thgen beat me to it, nonetheless if this guy wasnt a spammer this is exactly why I think we need to start banning people, or punishing people on this site.

Im getting sick and tired of people posting senseless comments on this site thinking that what they say is gospel. Just because you think something is stupid does not automatically meen they are not allowed to have something. If you dont agree with something or have a negative comment keep it to yourselves.

Anyways, im babbling, long story short, grow the fuck up and keep your meaningless comments to yourselves.

Kyle

mtp_69_i
03-16-2006, 01:36 AM
sorry Kyle, but what was your point? Should we ban Oishi the Ricer? Or the people who bagged on him?

just curious.

86Sleeper
03-16-2006, 01:41 AM
Either way, lock/delete this spam thread. Its a waste of space/time IMHO.

lavy_gts
03-16-2006, 06:14 AM
My point is that new people join this forum, they are new to cars for the most part. They dont know what is rice, they think things look good so they try to contribute by adding something new to a site. How are we going to get new members when there are 100's of people on here who just post to bash people.

I dont care if people arn't banned, but an example must be set.

mtp_69_i
03-16-2006, 06:35 AM
who would you ban based on this thread?

Galcobar
03-16-2006, 07:23 AM
The initial post was a blatant advertisement -- blatant mainly because it was so badly done and lacking in all subtlety. Guerilla marketing at its worst, and therefore deserving of no respect.

Had there been even a suggestion this was a genuine post -- say a "I'm considering buying these, have you seen any other prices?" then I would have simply noted that it would likely subject oneself to ridicule for the poser quality of faking a brand name. And further suggested if you want to sport a big name, buy the parts made by that name so you have a legitimate claim.

Punisher
03-16-2006, 02:56 PM
Where can I get a big brake kit for meh GTS?

ciento44
03-16-2006, 03:20 PM
Screw that, get cross-drilled brake lines.

mtp_69_i
03-16-2006, 10:08 PM
I'm with Galcobar on this one Kyle, I don't know why you're uptight about this thread but it was an obvious advertisment posted by someone who doesn't care where they are posting. I agree some people get a bit out of hand in their flamings, but hey! this is the internet, you can write whatever you like. If it's offensive then they'll ban you. Nothing here was offensive. Plus, if you get a rep for cruising threads just to dump shit on every poster, you'll quickly lose the respect of serious people who come on here to discuss things. I like discussion as much as the next guy and usually appreciate it when others bring new (quality) products to the fore, but Oishi-Riceman was just here trying to flog off some crappy rice kit which offers nothing but the stigma of putting rice shit on your otherwise perfectly good toyota. nuff said.

mtp_69_i
03-16-2006, 10:12 PM
hey Ciento! get a job ya bum, you've got more posts than me and you joined after! :thefinger :laugh: :ar: (this guy needs a flamethrower! - hahaha)

partyball
03-16-2006, 10:42 PM
Why bother shootin him down when everyone here knows that none of us would buy it. I think he'd be more pissed if we replied nothing at all.

cosmic_sombrero
03-16-2006, 11:44 PM
Not to be a devil's advocate or anything, but I think the idea is worth a little merit. The calipers on our cars aren't pretty, and painting them doesn't really help their case.

If these weren't oversized, overstyled, and overpriced I think they might be a decent way to clean up one aspect of our aging cars... That is to say, not trying to pose as having a "big brake kit," but rather just make what we have cleaner.

Meh.

mtp_69_i
03-17-2006, 04:44 AM
:eek: :rant: :puke: :stfu: :ban: :ar:

Judas!!

lol, jk

ciento44
03-17-2006, 05:45 AM
hey Ciento! get a job ya bum, you've got more posts than me and you joined after! :thefinger :laugh: :ar: (this guy needs a flamethrower! - hahaha)

Just got a job exactly a week ago!! :) :cool:

I joined what... the same month as you? :p

And actually, i joined before you. I'm 3601, you're 3611. w00t!!

mtp_69_i
03-17-2006, 05:55 AM
probably same day, we're only 10 spots diff. love yer work amigo.

Punisher
03-17-2006, 08:52 AM
Yea so like.. does someone make a real "big brake" kit for the 5th gen?

ciento44
03-17-2006, 10:51 AM
I honestly don't know. :S

I'll look around when i wake up, because i was wondering about that last month, actually.

lavy_gts
03-17-2006, 03:48 PM

I think the closet you'll get is the Willwood caliper kit.

And as for the two noobs who I have yet to remeber their names, my points were valid. I was expressing my thoughts on people who are just trying to jack the post count, like you too, and act like a bunch of immature teens. This is not the only case Ive seen on CT, I just ecided to post in this thread when I saw it happenening yet again.

I know this is spam, therefore I didnt make a huge deal about it, All i said was if you dont have something positive to say, dont say anything at all. I don't think requesting this makes me uptight?

You've been on this site for just over a month with 70posts, and not one of them stick out as something that has helped me.

ciento44
03-17-2006, 06:24 PM
You've been on this site for just over a month with 70posts, and not one of them stick out as something that has helped me.

I'm going to assume that you're referring to me, which is a pretty good assumption.

I came here to learn, because quite frankly, the last board i was on was completely lacking in information of the good kind. So, i'll freely admit that i don't have the kindof knowledge that a lot of people on this board have. I'm rather limited to the basic knowledge at this point, so i'm here to learn more.

What i CAN, and DO help with, is the computer problems that people post on here. Maybe we could look at that as a small payment for my education, if you will. And until i learn more about other things, i'm not going to be able to be much help to people that are trying to figure out exactly how to route intercooler piping on their 5sfe, or wiring on thei swap. You'll just have to trust me that i'm not here just to hang out, and that i'm spending a lot of time reading pretty damn close to every post that gets posted since the last time i was online, and actually using the search function quite a bit.

I also don't feel like all my posts have been totally useless, but i guess that's all of a matter of opinion.

Not everyone is going to be able to contribute as much as you when they first join a forum. But if this is a situation or point that people don't want me to post anything until i know a great deal, then so be it.

daveryan
03-17-2006, 10:20 PM
Big brake kits for 5th gens (http://www.rocketeerperformance.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=21_22_23&osCsid=074dda71fa3f2235a8f34b675af0509e) (Alltracs) from Rocketeer.

Punisher
03-17-2006, 10:36 PM
Why don't you all just shut the fuck up already? It's been stated that it is rice and expensive rice. Enough.

Punisher
03-17-2006, 10:42 PM
Ok, checked that link out, thanks Daveryan.. I'll be passing on spending that much money. I'll check out some caliper caps or make something up myself.. I do love those wilwood rotors tho.. Soo fricken sexy. Just way to much $$$$$

KoreanJoey
03-17-2006, 10:53 PM

http://www.rocketeerperformance.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=21_22_23&osCsid=971c48636981ad3c0059636409f1f03f