PDA

View Full Version : 3sgte swap vs gst or gsx

GTinvader
03-09-2006, 06:17 PM
im real curious on this one. I have a friend with a gst and another with a gsx. when i get my swap done, how would we all match up if they were stock? they arent, but if they were.

fiveSFE
03-09-2006, 06:57 PM
off the line the gsx will get ya.

i have a friend with a talon tsi with intake, and exhuast on stock boost, that just screems for what he has, but he has walked on mr2's witht he same mods as him before.

ive never had any experience with a 3sgte, but i know the 4g63 is really easy to mod and there are tons of aftermarket parts for them.

Doctor Jinxed
03-09-2006, 11:23 PM
I think the GST and a swap were made to battle and the same for an alltrac and a gsx. i remember a Talon ad in a magazine that even called out the alltrac. lol

burnyd
03-10-2006, 12:42 AM
depends... last summer I had a chance to run against a newer dsm...like a 96 eclipse gsx. beat the piss out of me off the line but Once I caught up to him. i just pulled cars. I dont know what his mods are but dsms are quick and easy to modd. the only problem is they break all the time.

GTinvader
03-10-2006, 01:57 AM
yeah another buddy of mine back east has a gst pushing a little over 315hp and 300tq. the thing is a monster, but everymonth or so there would be a little problem here and there. so he sold it to a diff buddy of mine.

fiveSFE
03-10-2006, 02:42 AM
yeah another buddy of mine back east has a gst pushing a little over 315hp and 300tq. the thing is a monster, but everymonth or so there would be a little problem here and there. so he sold it to a diff buddy of mine.

its just the nature of the game, a car modded for 300hp isnt going to be as reliable as a bone stock none raced honda civic or camry.

Once i get my car tuned i should be around the 330hp mark on my 1g dsm, the only thing i dislike about the dsm's is the AWD, it is extremely easy to break once you get some power in em . i busted my center diff, or transfer case on a hard launch on a tranny with like 30k on it, so im saving for this to get fixed, maybe get a built trans.

I raped almost every car off the line though, it sure is fun when girls ride along in my car, they get scared from the launches.

GT4SOM
03-10-2006, 02:52 AM
I walked him by 3 car lengths and gaining after 3rd gear,a 99 gst on 18psi of boost from 15 mph roll. Then again my car was only on 10 psi with a pretty big turbo. I'd swap a stock gst would lose to a stock swap just because you have to consider a eclipse is a fat pig.(95-99 Gen) Now if you race a old school DSM thats another story.