PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Celica Gt

HONDA HATER 88
03-07-2006, 12:03 AM
I Have A 1988 Toyota Celica Gt It Has The 3sfe And I Wood Like To Know If I Can Pnt Parts Off Of The Same Year Gts And All Trak Thanks 4 The Support

hobbie2k
03-07-2006, 12:06 AM
Some parts you surely could, others, probably not. So it depends on which parts you're looking for.

HONDA HATER 88
03-07-2006, 12:55 AM
yo mad respect for the help maby u could list the parts

hobbie2k
03-07-2006, 01:18 AM
Well, I don't really know enough about the different trim levels to make a comprehensive list. I would say that your body panels, trim, and interior pieces should work fine. Things like brakes and axles or tranny should work with little to no modification (though it may require replacing various accesories to the components as well) between the two front drivers.

As for engine components, if the GT has a 3sfe, then I'd imagine the GT-S has a 3sge in it (but correct me if I'm wrong on that). The AllTrac would have a 3sgte in it, I think. Anyway, things like engine mounts, compressors, pumps, etc... would likely be similar, though the different heads used on the 3sfe and 3sg(t)e would likely mean that intake and exhaust components are not swappable.

If you really wanted to go all out, you could put the 3sge head on the 3sfe block to produce a hybrid (assuming the compression ratios are different) or (if the compression ratios are the same) your own 3sge. Or you could grab an AllTrac and drop the engine into your GT.

One thing to note, you would NOT be able to put the AllTrac's AWD system into your GT without MAJOR modifications. I'm talking ten's of thousands of dollars worth.

Anyhow, if you're looking to use a GT-S or and AllTrac as a parts car, I'd make sure the parts you need will work before you spend the money. I'm sure there's someone around here who knows them better than I do.

GT4SOM
03-07-2006, 01:19 AM
What kind of parts were you looking to swap? Body parts should fit, I'm guessing its because its the same generation.

Kingsoup
03-07-2006, 02:42 PM
yo mad respect for the help maby u could list the parts

This board is the best! Hondas are excellent cars, hate the kids who rice em, not the car itself.

4thgenceli
03-07-2006, 03:26 PM
For the 4th gen...

GT/ST/GTS/Alltrac -> all body parts interchangeable, fenders, bumpers, etc. Interior as well is interchangable. General rule of thumb, if you have a coupe, try to get parts off a coupe (some liftback parts will fit, but not all).

The ST/GT doesn't have all the power features that the GTS has (doors, windows, etc). The interior will still be swapable, but these features won't work unless you swap the needed electronics and shit. (I belive all 4th gen's are prewired for the power features, not sure though).

For rims/tires/brakes/etc.. ST and the GT are swapable ONLY BETWEEN THEMSELVES. The GTS/ALLTRAC are swapable between themselves as well. If you want to put GTS rims on a GT, you'll need to do the brake conversion, and switch to 5lug. (GTS/ALLTRAC are 5lug pattern, GT/ST are 4lug)

For mechanical stuff(engine, tranny, etc).

You can take ANY engine from ANY car and swap (all S-Series engines). You can take the 3sfe from a 89 GT and put it in a 88GTS if you like. Kinda dumb, but Ok. If you swap the engine from say a GTS -> GT, you'll need the ECU and wiring harness as well. All tranny's will work with all motors/cars EXCEPT FOR TEH ALLTRAC! The alltrac AWD tranny will ONLY work in the Alltrac trim, unless you modify the tranny to be only FWD (see the FI section on this forum for a how to).

Hope this was helpful.

4thgenceli
03-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Hrm..guess I scared him off with my reply.

Oh well.

ciento44
03-10-2006, 02:50 AM
I Have A 1988 Toyota Celica Gt It Has The 3sfe And I Wood Like To Know If I Can Pnt Parts Off Of The Same Year Gts And All Trak Thanks 4 The Support

You going to put a cop bar on it?

HONDA HATER 88
03-11-2006, 03:28 AM
Hrm..guess I scared him off with my reply.

Oh well. THATS WHATS UP MAN IM REALLY LOOKING 4 POWER ALSO I WOOD LIKE 2 KNOW IF U WOOD KNOW IF A CAMERY WITH THE 3SFE HAS THE SAME HP AND IF NOT IS IT BECAUSE OF THE ECU THANKS 4 THE HELP

4thgenceli
03-11-2006, 04:09 AM
First off..
http://www.citycol.com/esol/shena/13%20CAPS%20LOCK%20KEY_files/image006.jpg

Second, if you're gonna swap an engine.. do a 3sge or 3sgte. Either will give more power than the 3sfe. I don't think the camry 3sfe will have more power.

creeper89
03-11-2006, 05:13 AM
3sfe on camery is about the same bhp .
with the list of parts your wanted well heres are a few thing you can do with no problom door panels , engin swap being you keep the frunt weel drive trany all of the interior , if you hav the hach back the tail light boby trim like spolier and body trim
well there almost the same ...