PDA

View Full Version : Terribe Saturday!

Sean
03-06-2006, 01:27 AM
Drove over to help my buddy Jason out with his 90GTS to 3SGTE swap, the day was looking great at first.

I pulled up and parked on the street and immediately noticed that Jason was not there yet. I sat in my car for about 10 seconds, got out and walked down to the garage. I begin to tinker with things a bit and I'm jamming out to Weezer, "Say it Aint So" when all the sudden I hear my alarm going off.

With my new siren in place my alarm is rather loud on most occasions, yet this time it sounded very faint and distant. I immediately dropped what I was doing and jolted up on the street only to leave myself in a complete shocked state as I notice my car is barely in viewing distance and has rolled backwards nearly a 100 yards down a busy Portland residential street. My alarm is going off and a crowd immediately draws near.

I begin to frantically look for my keys to turn my alarm off and jet down the street. I did not actually see my car roll, but other neighbors in the hood had witnessed the entire episode. It rolled straight backwards for about a 100 yards into your standard street curb. The road took a 80 degree bend and the car flew in the air and landed in a bunch of shrubs and thorns, back wheels first.

First off, I cannot explain how INCREDIBLY lucky I was in terms of the final destination of my car. It really could not of crashed in a better spot. This particular portland neighborhood is rather upscale, calm, and full of nice homes and cars along the street. The right side of the street that it rolled along contained about 4 long dropping driveways that could've spelled utter disastor. It was absolutely amazing that the car went straight into the one patch of woods that did not contain a home. Its also amazing no cars were coming around the corner, as well as the fact that absolutely nobody was hurt. Their were also trees right next to where it landed that could've done some serious damage.

Pics, and few vids, use quicktime for them to work.
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/1/2/Wreck003.jpg
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/1/2/Wreck001.jpg

Videos Use QUICKTIME
http://www.celicatech.com/imagearchive/Videoweek/SSPX0010.3G2
http://www.celicatech.com/imagearchive/Videoweek/SSPX0015.3G2

As you can see, I was extremely lucky!

So what happened? Well, basically just stupidity on my part. I usually set my turbo timer when I park to get out and leave, which mandates that I use my ebrake, well that time the turbo timer didnt work so i forgot my ebrake. The car was also not in gear, or if it was it popped out. So it obviously began to roll. Like I said, i was sitting in it with it off for a good 10 seconds, and it was not moving, hence I did not notice my stupid mistake.

A "residential cop" also walked up as the crowd gathered and immediately begain to sequester me with retarded questions. " Do you want me to make a guess on how fast you were going to do something like this?" Me, "Sure, make your best guess." "Well you must of been traveling at least 40mph for this to happen". I responded, "Well actually asshole my initial velocity was Zero, and I wasnt even in the damn car". He was also wearing some yuppy like tight spandex pants that made it even worse.

So, we built up a little ledge on the curb with some rocks, and then celi drove off that ledge with her own power which was nice. As far as damage, it really did rather well. Underneath the drivers door on the bottom most panel its creased most the way along the car which will need to be fixed. The back left quarter is scratched up, but I believe those will all come out. The car also needs at least an alignment to get back into shape.

So all in all, I was very lucky I did not end up in somebodies living room! Just thought I would share my weekend :(

Sean
03-06-2006, 01:32 AM
And I know, I'm such an idiot, but shit happens I guess.

Lagos
03-06-2006, 01:37 AM
looking at the pics.... it seems like you cofused your car for a real alltrac ! :)

Speedy2k
03-06-2006, 01:38 AM
Wholly shit! Glad no one was hurt and the car is not damaged too seriously.

Do you have any pics of the drivers side?

Sean
03-06-2006, 01:40 AM
I should've charged those bitches for removing those thorns.

Sean
03-06-2006, 01:50 AM
Wholly shit! Glad no one was hurt and the car is not damaged too seriously.

Do you have any pics of the drivers side?

You can kind of see it in the 1st vid, I'll get some close ups later on with somethign besides a camera phone.

GT4SOM
03-06-2006, 02:07 AM
That sucks sean, at least your car looks okay. Nice ownage on that cop lol. What a flamming dumbass. You are lucky you have those tiny curbs, if you had some of the curbs like here in FL you would be dealing with scratched or bent wheels.

celicaguy.
03-06-2006, 02:12 AM
Good noone got hurt and the car is ok. I guess you will have a chance to paint that cs bumper :)

Sean
03-06-2006, 02:15 AM
Good noone got hurt and the car is ok. I guess you will have a chance to paint that cs bumper :)

Guess so :)

KoreanJoey
03-06-2006, 08:34 AM
Damnit Sean, ever heard of up, up and away?

TEAMFaint
03-07-2006, 03:35 AM
Sorry to hear about the bad luck buddy! Good thing was not too much damage! Sounds like the cop was a total douche (as usual). Most of them are too stupid to put into realization that if a car is backwards in a ditch like that, someone obviously has to be driving backwards :slap:

Put on the CS bumper and you car will be hot like sex again :D