PDA

View Full Version : Can't insert CD when cold outside

Stubble
01-04-2005, 05:31 AM
I have a System 10 that won't accept CD's when it's cold. By cold, I mean colder than 10 degrees C. It's not a problem with being able to read the CD; it simply doesn't recognize that there is a CD partially inserted and it needs to turn the motor on to pull it in. If the car interior warms up, then it will insert fine. I don't think it's a motor problem, because when it does go, the motor pulls in the CD at the regular speed. Has anyone had a problem with inserting CD's? Is there a sensor that can be changed?

I took the CD player apart, and it appears that there is a LED in the middle of the CD slot, with some kind of sensor above it that might optically detect a CD. Or, it could recognize a CD being inserted another way - I really don't know.
Any ideas?

Blackcloud
01-04-2005, 05:56 AM
allways happnes d00d.

my eclipse's face folds down slower then shit when its cold out

94CelicaRedHatch
01-04-2005, 06:17 AM
wait for the car to warm up a little bit. sometimes i get that with my sony. i dont think its a problem with the cd player itself, just mother nature being a bitch as always

Stubble
01-05-2005, 06:42 PM
When it's -20C, I generally get where I'm going before it warms up enough to insert a new CD. Arrgh!

SilverCel
01-07-2005, 06:17 AM
my old sony cd player would only play a cdr if it were warmed up.

Rayme
01-07-2005, 09:43 PM
My JVC never missed a beat with my mp3 discs, up to -15 or -20 celcius. Gotta love robust electronics :) (oh and the amp really love that too, haha)

Consider one if you upgrade.