PDA

View Full Version : How to take a picture in motion?

90CelicaST
03-01-2006, 03:49 PM
I have an HP Photosmart 720...I wanna know how I can take a picture of my car in motion(from another car) without everything being blurry. The problem with my camera, is that it takes the picture twice...i.e. when I press the take button it clicks twice, so if something moves, it blurs. Should I just get a new camera? What do you recommend for under $150?

All4Traction
03-01-2006, 06:43 PM
If it has the option, you want the shutter speed as fast as possible, I dont know anything about ur camera and if it has a manual mode or not.

lavy_gts
03-01-2006, 07:12 PM
if its just a regular point and shoot camera, it probably wont have the options needed to get "high quality pictures" You can pick up a decent canon for around 200-300$. Anything cheaper will not have the options you are looking for.

Nonetheless if somehow you do have the option. Change the shutter speed to as fast as possible as stated, focus on the car (not the wheels) and pan (move with the car) and snap the picture. the key to this is to autofocus on the car before you start your motions. It should turn out nicely.

Slider
03-01-2006, 08:39 PM
Try to see if you have can set the film speed on it, set it to the highest, it's usually 400 ISO on point and shoot cameras. The reason it does two clicks is to focus in on the subject and evaluate the lighting to pick a shutter speed. Most do this when you hold the button halfway. You can usually hold it halfway on the subject and then just press it all the way when the shot is right.