View Full Version : Sorta Celica related Mazda part question

02-26-2006, 12:35 AM
Friend of mine having some bad problems with his 626. He took it to a mechanic and they said it was the "bypass air control valve." This doesn't mean much to me.... What is this thing called on Toyota engines? PCV, EGR valve or modulator? My friend asked another guy, and he sent him a link to this auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAZDA-IDLE-AIR-VALVE-AKA-IDLE-CONTROL-VALVE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33557QQitemZ80414 35554QQrdZ1

What exactly is this, and what does Toyota call it?

02-27-2006, 03:34 PM
Idle control valve, its the solonoid operated valve to let a little air into the body to make the car idel. If it gets screwed up, the car doesn't idle!