PDA

View Full Version : A245E-HD2 Shift kit.

Bitter
02-21-2006, 04:51 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8035258491&sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:US:1

Hello,

These kits have a few different spings, drill bits, & other micsellaneous parts that go in the valve body. This comes with 11 pages of instructions to make all of the modifications. All changes are just inside the pan, so it doesn't need to be out.

Thanks,

so heres what i would like to know, has anyone here with the 4spd auto used one of these kits? can anyone here give me more information or a better understanding of how it accomplishes what it claims to do? also what are my chances of totally fubarring my transmission with this? i'd have a 2nd valve body on hand to swap in incase but i'd still like to know.

Bitter
02-22-2006, 02:10 AM
bump, anyone?

Bitter
03-04-2006, 04:13 PM
another bump.

Bitter
03-08-2006, 05:01 PM
anyone? i know this is the same automatic trans that this generation of celica uses.

angryyoungnpoor
03-08-2006, 05:20 PM
Obviously noone has. You may want to check other forum car sites that they make kits for.

IMHO if it ain't broke don't fix it. If you're looking for performance get a manual. I don't really know what this does. If you're worried about it breaking, yes, have one on the side, or have a manual tranny on the side.

Bitter
03-11-2006, 05:38 PM
i dont know of any other Toyota vehicles that used the A245E transmission besides the corolla/prizm and the celica. if you could tell me what other cars used it i'd go find the appropriate board and ask there. what other toyota cars use this transmission?

angryyoungnpoor
03-11-2006, 05:57 PM
You could always look that up on google. I'm sure you'll find heeps on that.

Is there not some sort of Prism site that you can go to? I'm not trying to run you off, I've just never heard of this, and noone else on here seems to know what it is. YOu may want to try 6gc.net or whatever it is, as this site is mainly run by 5th genners.

Bitter
03-11-2006, 06:15 PM
nope, no prizm specific forum that ive ever found.
google comes back with ALOT of parts for the trans but little information about what cars its in besides the 3 i mentioned.
i'll try the 6th gen site, thanks.