PDA

View Full Version : Front swaybar broke!

SilverCel
02-21-2006, 03:29 AM
Well, the swaybar didnt break.

But the thing that bolts it to the chassis broke.

Or actually, the chassis broke....and the swaybar is hanging from the chassis w/ the rubber bushing and the metal cover attatched.

the area where it connects rotted out and now my steering is affected during lane changes on the highway and vibrations sometimes....lets not go into the moments where i have to avoid as ment little dents in the road becdause the thing feels like it bottoms out every time i hit a bump.

WHat to do, how much to get it fixed? Someone give me some suggestions here!

I was thinking about drilling through the bottom of the car and bolting on some metal strips to bolt the connectors to the swaybar on.

alltracman78
02-21-2006, 06:02 PM
You can weld a hommade bracket to it. Probably better than drilling and such. Especially since the floorpan is 2 or more layers there, separated by empty space...
OR, you can try to find a ST184 that doesn't have a rusted brace, and cut it out....

alltracman78
02-21-2006, 06:02 PM
Oh, and the dealer doesn't sell them anymore. This particular bracket is out of production...

Rick89GTS
02-22-2006, 03:49 AM
Get the 'D' shaped sway bar clamp outta the wreckers if you can't get it aftermarket. The floor should be easy to cut out and weld, as the finish doesn't have to be pretty.