View Full Version : Help!

02-21-2006, 01:43 AM
ok guys, i just finished rebuildin my engine, im sure that may not sound all to impressive to you, but bein 16 and doin it everyday after school on your own with a couple of your buddys is to me. anyway i got the engine dropped in and bolted down, wiring harness and everything all hooked back up and ready to roll. comes time to fire her up and she does, but only with one problem, when i start it, the engine revs up really high like im flooring it. this has got me. ive checked vacum lines, checked the intake, pcv, brake booster, you name it ive looked and it still revs up really really high so i was wondering if any of you had any insight as to what my problem may be. im pretty sure its somthin obvious, but it never hurts to ask for help. thanks in advance

02-21-2006, 02:15 AM
Did you disconnect the throttle cable? Maybe the cable is stuck or hung up on something. Does the throttle body need to be adjusted? Just quick thoughts really.

02-21-2006, 03:22 AM
yea, i took the throttle cable off, the throttle position sensor off and it still did it, we even choked off the intake covered it up so it couldnt suck in air, but it still reved up really high, so im really confused, i just came back from workin on it, its to cold. i thought i wasnt gonna be able to find my boys, but any suggestions you guys can leave id appreciate so i can try em tommorow

02-21-2006, 04:14 AM
Does it rev high then down then high?

If so it may be your pcv

02-21-2006, 04:22 AM
Have you checked the ignition timing?
When you first connect an ecu to an engine, the ecu does not "know" the engine, and will idle high. If this is the case, it will adjust itself over the course of a few days [or less] of driving/running.

02-21-2006, 05:44 PM
^yea that sounds^ like the most reasonable explaination.

02-22-2006, 02:09 AM
yea i havent thought of that but im afraid to let it run, i mean i just spent a long time fixin this, if i break it im back to where i started but ill try that and see. thanks for the help you guys