PDA

View Full Version : Melb: Tsunami charity cruise

Classique71
01-02-2005, 03:06 AM
Got this off toymods guys - follow that thread for details

Would be a worthy cause to participate in

.:: Tsunami '04 Charity Cruise- Melbourne::.

You would all be well aware of the tragedy that has struck SE Asia, with all the television footage, and watching the death toll rise higher than ever thought possible, im sure we all feel there has to be something we can do. The below text i took from the ABC news site, as an update on just how tragic the death toll is, and how the surrounding countries are helping. The donations are endless, and very heart warming, although it will never take away the pain, the loss, the heart ache that people who have been affected by the tsunami will be feeling, for a very long time to come, it will in many ways ease the suffering and aid in the rebuilding of all towns, villages and so on that have been affected.

(As per Abc news www.abc.com.au 01.01.05 @ appx 1.00pm)

"The official death toll from last weekend's tsunami disaster is approaching 150,000 with most of the victims in the Indonesian province of Aceh.

The United Nations also says bodies are still being found and the toll could rise but the true figure might never be known.

One ray of light in the six days since the devastating earthquake and tsunamis is the global outpouring of money for aid.

Private pledges from Britons alone have reached $150 million and the United States has increased its aid contribution 10-fold to $450 million.

Total aid pledges have topped $1.5 billion."

The support is endless for the people/towns and so on who have been affected by the 2004 Tsunami, and although we cant pledge the type of money that has been donated above, what we can do is raise as much as we can, and pledge our support in our own way. This is where Mike/ Wak It; from street commodores, developed the idea to create a cruise to raise money, to add to the donations already pouring in for the victims and thier families. On behalf of him, i shall be helping organise the melbourne side of the charity cruise. Below will be the info needed for the cruise, which as i go along and organise this, will be regualry updated. PLEASE, keep an eye on the thread, so as to be fully prepared for the cruise, and to add to the support of your fellow car enthusiasts.

The actual places and so on for the cruise is yet to be decided, however we do have a day. SO, please keep that day free. I will endevour to have ALL details, up and on display within the fortnight. Please be patiant, as this is going to be a big event, and one that will need alot of planning, for its success!

All general information can be found at the national cruise thread....
http://www.streetcommodores.com.au/forum_3...ead.p hp?t=47073

For all VIC people, YOUR info can be found here

Who : All cars, car clubs, anyone!
What : Charity cruise, money rasied going to families who lost someone due to 2004 SE Asian Tsunami!
Where : TBA
When : Sunday, 13th Febuary
Why : for a good cause!

any questions or queries ask here or PM me, thanks

MORE INFO TO FOLLOW SOON

OK - any brief replies put here - Any details - goto www.toymods.org.au for the firums and follow the thread in the vic section

ronin
01-03-2005, 08:11 AM
im in for sure ATM. put me down for a ticket.

stuey, post the details up on here man. i for one dont bother using toymods mostly, and i dont know how many of us do.. so keep us updated on the details.. ill call in the exaclub as well.

Keyroo
01-03-2005, 10:31 AM
yeah i'm in, ill check teh details and confirm,

i don't know if many of you know but i still don't think anyone has herd from sharmz :( as kel (toiletducks gf) said to me he was over in sri lanka on holiday with his family, and i stil dont' think he has contacted home, i really hope he and his family have gotten through this, if there is a time to get together and raise money it's now, i'm short on money but i'll still give as much as i can,

Matty

Classique71
01-03-2005, 10:51 AM
i think when it comes to events such as the tsunami - even a gold coin donation in mass over many car clubs will still generate a few thousand for the needy .

I know ill be trying my best to do my part for "toymods" in vic down here - evenif i dont have the Gt4 - ill take the fighting falcon ( phear it ) or the garage queen supra , now with extra huge cannon exhaust and drone - dad spec .

We should stiull do our meet - ie the sorrento idea , eventually but i think this is for a good cause + some effort should be made

ROME
01-04-2005, 02:51 AM
Oh hell yeah.. Everone should come to this. Take a packed lunch poeple and put that $5.95 that you would have spent on Maccas in the collection tin.

kenshin
01-04-2005, 05:20 AM
or even a huge bbq or somefin like a sausage sizzle $1 a sausage and take over that bbq place we went to last time on the celica cruize? i could get a few teams together i think

ronin
01-05-2005, 03:33 AM
the more the merrier jus.. bring ém on. maybe try and talk marty into coming as well!

as for sharmz.. FUCK SHIT! didnt even think of it! i think i saw him sign online but im not sure if it was before or after the tsunami.. not good people. if anyone see's him online, make sure he's okay and let everyone know huh.

kenshin
01-07-2005, 01:55 PM
nah marty works to much to come cruiz lol but i raised a few eyebrows for the cruize for tusanmi cause tho

ronin
01-18-2005, 09:45 AM
okay. its inside a month till this cruise.. i thought MCCR would be have something to do with it as i cant get onto the commodores site, (and be fucked if im registering there), so i wnt and registered over there to raid them for details, they know about it but their involvment isnt huge according to their board.. so if anyone has any extra details please provide!

bonbon
01-20-2005, 11:17 AM
im in im in im in, ummm details? i have shit house 33k net atm the moment so this is about the only site i can bare to visit

Classique71
01-21-2005, 07:57 AM
havent heard anymore updates on toymods atm guys - the person who posted it there hasnt given us any updates ..

bonbon
01-23-2005, 07:52 AM
=(

Classique71
01-24-2005, 09:07 AM
Ok the thread in toymods has been finally updated !

YAY! :wiggle:

So pop over there - in the victorina sectioto get the detaisl ..

they have alot of support from the red cross and such - so its a full omn supported event , not just a club by club thing

ronin
01-26-2005, 07:24 AM
OK people, thankyou for your patience.

The cruise is coming together very well, and is promising to be a very big event. With various magazines and media such as Nova ambo's, we are sure to get a wide coverage and make for a very enjoyable and successful day. Becc is currently co- organising the event with a member of SAU, so the event has become a CCC & SAU (skylines aust) organised event. Please, no flaming regarding the co- organsing club, as it is for a good cause and shows, that the car communitys of melbourne can ban together, in such a time of need!

For all who are concerned on the funds raised and how it will be dealt with, We have been backed by The Red Cross Society of Australia. Red Cross are giving us the tins we require, we will be collecting the money throughout the day, at the end of the event (the last meet point), there will be a "handing over" ceremony, where a rep from the Red Cross, will collect all monies rasied. It is then taken back to Red Cross HQ, where it is counted, and we will be informed with the total amount raised.

The day will begin with a BBQ at the initial meet point, where we can all mingle, eat and look at the array of different and very schmick cars that are sure to be in attendance. Here, is where the maps will be on sale for a certain fee, all raffle tickets will be sold primarily at the 1st meet point, as they will be drawn at the last meet point, and then any money youd like to donate can be done so at each meet point as we will have various committee members from both CCC and SAU walking around, taking your donations with the offical Red Cross Tins.

ALL MONEY raised from maps, bbq food, raffles and any further donations ALL go to the Red Cross TSUNAMI Appeal.

The Details for meet point are:

Who : All cars, car clubs, anyone!
Where : Manhattan Hotel rear Car park
Crn Canterbury Road and Heatherdale Road Vermont.
Enter from Heatherdale road.
Melways Ref : 63 D1
When : Sunday, 13th February
Time: 11.30 AM Meet for a 1.30PM Leave

Destination will be provided on the day within the maps sold.

So, guys, i really hope you all can support this, as we have done our best to see that CCC gets as much coverage as we can, so support your club and help make this day a great success....

PLEASE TAKE NOTE : the police will be involved, so STRICTLY NO HERO BEHAVIOUR will be tolerated AT ALL!!! This is not an event to show us how many tyres you can blow, it is to support the familys, towns and so on O/S who need our help!!!!!

Polish up your rides, and bring them alongside your wallet down on the day and lets make this event as successful as it can be!!!!!

*P.S THERE WILL BE UPDATES HERE >> http://www.commodoreclub.net/index.php?name=PNphpB B2&file=viewtopic&t=6037&postdays=0&am p;postorder=asc&start=0 AGAIN BEFORE THE CRUISE SO KEEP YOUR EYE OUT FOR THE UPDATES*

chaRwie
01-27-2005, 02:02 AM
Sweet i'm there, hopefully my car should be up and running by then

we should all meet up somewhere and cruise down to the location together :)

ROME
01-28-2005, 12:52 AM
Sweet i'm there, hopefully my car should be up and running by then

we should all meet up somewhere and cruise down to the location together :)

Good idea!! So who's up for a mini meet ???

bonbon
01-29-2005, 12:26 AM
albert park :P

ronin
01-29-2005, 02:13 AM
im in of course. im hoping to have a not so rattly exhaust on by then too ahaha.

otherwise you'll hear me rattling away at the rear of the group somwhere.. albert park sounds good.

cruise meet starts at 1130, so say we meet at albert park at 1030 for an 1115 leave..

either at the carpark opposite the pool, or if thats full we go to the one further round near the public toilets that we usually end up at?

bonbon
01-31-2005, 11:31 PM
see u guys there, or meet somewhere in the east cuz everyone else is from there? lol
im up for anything

hoping to get my timing fixed before we go lol

kenshin
02-01-2005, 03:02 AM
dan i think ill meet up with u somewhere before we head down or somefin man this is going to be a pretty big cruize

ronin
02-01-2005, 09:24 AM
yeah jus its gunna have some big numbers i think.. unless people are too scared of the cops.. i dunno.

we can organise to meet somewhere.. then head to albert park to meet people if they turn up there and head to the major meet from there...

ROME
02-01-2005, 09:30 AM
Om Albert park it is.. Just like Ronin said.. But we need number people to make it worth while.

bonbon
02-02-2005, 11:24 PM
pretty sure ive got a few mates coming with me

ronin
02-03-2005, 02:36 AM
do you want to confirm that.. it itsnt worth meeting there for 3 people.. lets make it worth while. and if worst comes to worst and there are too many cars we can always head somewhere else for a BBQ or something ourselves

kenshin
02-05-2005, 12:10 PM
hmmm yeh imagine how many defects theyre going to hand out that day im so taking a stock car lol i cant be bothered fixing stuff or r they gonna be good cops and not going to hand out caneries

ronin
02-06-2005, 12:01 AM
id like to think they are gunna be nice enough to leave us alone like they tend to do on the MCCR good friday apeal cruise.. i guess we wont know till we get there.

i can see it now.. cops startpulling defects... turns inot a 100 car scramble ala fast and the furious.

Classique71
02-06-2005, 02:46 AM
ill have to find out what thats called now dude ! dammit - having to watch 2f2f Again !

and nods - i got that weekend off so i should be ablke to come - frontmount wont be on still - but thats an ongoing time issue ill deal with after i get back from NZ

ronin
02-10-2005, 05:54 AM
okay.. bad news from me. due to an argument im currently involved in with my financial provider, i wont be able to attend..

in short my bank has fucked me around and emptied my credit card and put me into the hell xone for the next week.. god i hope bank managers get danger money..

Keyroo
02-10-2005, 06:01 AM
well as much as i'd love to come and contribute, the matt fund is top of my list, got hooj debt, a broken car and no way to get ot work to fix the issue, so sorry guys, if i was in a different situation i'd come for the cause and to see you all,,

Matt

bonbon
02-10-2005, 07:06 AM
is anyone still going then?

im still up for it if theres a few more of us going

chaRwie
02-10-2005, 10:25 PM
iam still up, unless no ones going..

my car went on its first drive this morning after head gasket replacment..
so scared it was gonna clonk out during peak hour lol

timing is a off.. but i should get that sorted out this arfo..

bonbon
02-11-2005, 12:44 PM
unless theres a miracle i guess this is off....

Classique71
02-12-2005, 01:26 AM
its still on guys!

if we dont have our pre meet - still come along to the cruise - Im up for it - madly detailing the Gt4 to get her looking good after 3 months of semi - storage :)

lots of toymods guys are interested in going as well so we may be able to swing a last minute arrangement

Classique71
02-12-2005, 01:31 AM
Charwie , Rome , bonbon - and myself are still going - if thats the case - after scrolling back - we might as well meet up at the main meetpoint at 11:30

meetpont is :

Where : Manhattan Hotel rear Car park
Crn Canterbury Road and Heatherdale Road Vermont.
Enter from Heatherdale road.
Melways Ref : 63 D1
When : Sunday, 13th February
Time: 11.30 AM Meet for a 1.30PM Leave

See you all in the morning - Ill make sure the toymods guys meet up with us there as well

Stu

Keyroo
02-12-2005, 12:29 PM
sorry guys i'd come and meet ya, but u know,,,

have fun, be safe, don't get caught doin anything devious

ROME
02-13-2005, 04:07 AM
Well it was a nice idea.. But Elliott and I where the only ones who showed up..

Some nice cars.

/end

Nofoto4u

Elliott
02-14-2005, 01:42 AM
mmm

huge appearance from toymods guys too :P

so where were you all :)?

kenshin
02-14-2005, 12:43 PM
whoops i totally forgot abt the cruise shittt
how was it was the police being gay and defecting every1

Elliott
02-14-2005, 02:36 PM
I didnt see a single cop. On the way home over the scanner i heard a cop being told to stop doing licence checks as well :)

ronin
02-15-2005, 10:29 AM
glad it was a good cruise.. pissed off i missed it..

Blackcloud
02-15-2005, 10:54 AM
I surfed teh tsunami

Classique71
02-16-2005, 08:16 AM
well i got to shell westagte - only to hear really nasty grinding noises from a driveshaft up front .. Seems i either have totally fucked CV's or somethings happened tomy hub ..

in other words - i tried tog et there - but the bloody GT$ broke down again ..

Spent the next 2.5 hours liming the car home to colac to park it in the shed ..

SOOOOOOOO - its going back to the mechanic this saturday with a big " fix this fucking piece of shit car , and put my big brakes on that youve had for the last 2 months and done nothing to finally bitch " notice - i dont want to see it until its reliable to drive ..

On a good note - it no longer overheats - the radiator repairs have done the goods - now i just have tog et the fan working properly

ronin
02-18-2005, 10:59 AM
damn stu.. thats crap!! sorry to hear the beast isnt going still.

Classique71
02-19-2005, 01:43 AM
its frustrating the hell out of me - its motor runs smooth as now , it didnt overheat at all - whereas it used to on the trip to melb - then that noise ..

Oh well - it will get fixed - its just another bill

Good news is its given me time to lay the cable down thru the cabin for the battery rearmount - If im lucky ill have that finished this week !

more engine bay space - yay! ( and one step closer to the straight intake pipez )

Pics of said battery swap are in the works too

kenshin
02-19-2005, 07:19 PM
hey its the celica curse right! haha cant live without it good to hear your not overheating anymore me too!!! as u know i had a smoking dragon for a car lol!! was overjoyed when i took it out for the first time and it wasnt overheating anymore but dont kno whats going to go next on the car =(