PDA

View Full Version : just wondering....

Ricksta
02-03-2006, 03:45 AM
its been on my mind for a few days now...whats the difference between the 3sge and the 3sgte? does the 3sge have potential like the 3sgte? could it possibly be a "moster?".......could it at all be able to stomp a gte?....some specs on the engine would be cool :)

4thgenceli
02-03-2006, 03:47 AM
It's been covered before...

No. The GTE block is stronger, and can boost more than the GE block.

Ricksta
02-03-2006, 04:20 AM
whats the ge run stock?

alltracman78
02-03-2006, 04:26 AM
T = Turbo.
There are several versions of both engines. Like 4 each.

TEAMFaint
02-03-2006, 04:28 AM
Seaaaarch

Its your friend! :slap:

There are various generations of 3SGE's. 2nd gen runs approx. 155ish HP and the 3rd gen runs 177ish HP, then you got your BEAMS engines which run a respectable 200 and 210 HP.

Look at the stickies in the N/A forum and you will see.

Ricksta
02-04-2006, 12:06 AM
well why are the ge's so much cheaper if its just the same engine w/o a turbo....the stock turbo on the gte isnt that great i dont see how it would make such a price leap

Ricksta
02-04-2006, 12:35 AM
if i find out my 5sfe is blown i was thinking of maybe putting a 3sge in it. it will fit my 93 right?

Mister2T
02-04-2006, 01:16 AM
why you going to do that ricksta as you will have a monster coming soon.

Playfortoday
02-04-2006, 01:16 AM
if i find out my 5sfe is blown i was thinking of maybe putting a 3sge in it. it will fit my 93 right?

Dude, seriously... try the search function. You have been here enough to know that. We don't use the "try searching" comment as religiously as other sites. We believe that new people to the site need some help before being set loose. You have been here for quite some time now, and you are coming across as being a bit lazy. There are a bunch of people here with 3sge and beams swaps in their 5th gens. We even have a mod that you have talked to before with one.

Ricksta
02-04-2006, 01:33 AM
why you going to do that ricksta as you will have a monster coming soon.

becuase i need a daily driver....im not going to drive the new car 24/7. plus the new car has no ac so i'll be fucked during the day come summer time

Ricksta
02-04-2006, 01:40 AM
o and i did a search ealier....it didnt answer any of my questions you homo :spank:

Ricksta
02-04-2006, 01:46 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOTA-Celica-3SGE-Low-Mile-Engine_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33615QQitemZ8035 396772QQrdZ1
i like this motor...it looks like its str8 from the factory but i dont beleive that could be the engine thier selling. what do you think? depending on how much the insurance people give me i might just buy the damn thing

Mister2T
02-04-2006, 01:53 AM
ok so you want your daily driver to be a swap as well? I think you better stick with the 5s for the daily driver dude, that way everything is stock, when you swap, something can always go wrong.

Ricksta
02-04-2006, 02:17 AM
well im gettin sick of my overheating problem...its pissing me off. all the water is goin out the overflow..i cant keep the shit in there. if i could keep it in there the damn thing would stay cool.

alltracman78
02-04-2006, 03:31 AM
Try aiming that AK47 at the engine.
Maybe you'll blow the problem away....

Ricksta
02-04-2006, 03:33 AM
Try aiming that AK47 at the engine.
Maybe you'll blow the problem away....
:bigthumbu you funny mofo!!

GlHlOST
02-04-2006, 08:59 AM
well im gettin sick of my overheating problem...its pissing me off. all the water is goin out the overflow..i cant keep the shit in there. if i could keep it in there the damn thing would stay cool.

try checking that Thermostat (http://www.ehow.com/how_7683_tell-cars-thermostat.html) thingy :luvydunno

*edit* quick OT question, what year and make did the 4ag whatever the "silvertop" come in, and whic was better for future boosting... black or silvertop?

Ricksta
02-04-2006, 11:13 AM
ive got a new thermostat in it.....along with a new radiator and a new water pump and new hoses and i have nothing left to replace!!!!!

alltracman78
02-04-2006, 12:41 PM
Just cause it's a new thermostat doesn't mean it works right. Have you checked it again?
What brand is it?

GlHlOST
02-04-2006, 09:15 PM
yea, you could buy a thermostat brand new out of the box, and theres still onli a 65% chance that it actually works... There have been countless times where people have bought brand new thermostats took them out of the box and they dont even work properly... I'd say about 1 out of every 5 brand new thermostats dont work, without even taking them out of the box.

undecided
02-04-2006, 10:07 PM
just rock the 5sfe, is it ur head gasket, u burning up fluid?

Ricksta
02-05-2006, 01:44 AM
you mean gas? naw i get over 300 miles to a full tank. all the water goes out the overflow...bout to plug that damn thing!!!!!!!1

acidice333
02-05-2006, 01:51 AM
What prevents the coolant from going out the overflow anyways? Does the rad cap make a seal and when the seal goes, the pressure just pushes it out the overflow tube?

Ricksta
02-05-2006, 02:52 AM
well i bought a koyo radiator off of ebay. it said it fits 2.0 and 2.2 liter celi's like mine. bolt up perfectly so im not concerned of the radiator not bein the right one...but it didnt come with a cap or tell me what kind of cap that goes on it. and there is only one at autozone that fits it so thats whats on the damn thing. the cap is way smaller then the stock oem cap. i dunno if it has to be special ordered or whatnot but i cant run my ac for long that pretty much depletes my water asap. and i'll turn off the car when im done and if the water is still in there its fawking boiling and i can hear it from inside the car. and i'll get out and i can hear it boilin out of the overflow....it mite be the head gasket on the exaust side and it might be something dumb. but if all else fails im just gonna get a replacement 5sfe

alltracman78
02-05-2006, 03:00 AM
What prevents the coolant from going out the overflow anyways? Does the rad cap make a seal and when the seal goes, the pressure just pushes it out the overflow tube?

Exactly.
The rad cap has a spring. When the pressure in the coolant system overpowers the spring, it goes to the overflow res.
Once that is full, it spits out the res overflow....

GlHlOST
02-05-2006, 08:03 AM
exactly... and this would be caused when the water/coolant goes into the tube and then into the engine and is not allowed into the exit tube leading back to the radiator thus completing the coolant circle... the only thing that could prevent the water/coolant from going into the exit tube then into the radiator to be cooled would be the thermostat which is basically a temperature controlled valve spring thing which is supposed to open at a certain temperature. If it doesn't open properly or doesn't open at all then you would see the afforementioned problems occuring quite instantly... Do me a favor Rick and turn on ur car, let it warm up wait till the temperature gauge goes past half-way(average running temp.) and its about to overheat right before the red area on the gauge, and then squeeze your bottom radiator hose and then squeeze your top hose, let me know if either of those hoses are easy to squeeze or difficult to squeeze due to pressure in the hose.

Ricksta
02-05-2006, 02:57 PM
well my car is in the body shop right now....i wont have it for a lil bit. im drivin around my uncles 5.0 for the time being. the cap could be a problem though. i mite have to contact the people on ebay where i bought the radiator from and have them tell me what the right cap is for the damn thing. as for the thermostat theres been two new ones in there so far. and i have a sensor pulled to keep my fan going at all times. thats the only reason my shit stays cool as long as it does