PDA

View Full Version : 3sgte swap VS SRT4, 40-80mph speedo video

Lagos
01-01-2005, 07:04 PM
I found these two speedo videos and decided to join them together to show how the 3sgte swap compares to the doge srt4. i believe the celica in the video belongs to Four from 6gc and is probably running at about 10-12psi. the neon is stock and runs 14psi from the factory.

the gearing seem to be the same in the 2 cars as both drivers shift right at 60mph. if you slow the video down and watch the counter, youll notice the celica is about 1 sec faster in the 40-80mph.

right click and save as..
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1tq19/speedo.wmv

if the video tries to save as speedo.htm ... then just rename it to speedo.wmv and it should play fine

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1tq19/5th gen st 40-80.wmv

for comparison sake, here is a 5th gen st doing the same 40-80

Snafu
01-01-2005, 07:47 PM
Well that's a 5th gen gauge cluster, and I swear I've seen that celica video before.

Cool vid though.

Lagos
01-01-2005, 07:49 PM
no its a 6th gen. 5th gens have orangeish needles.

the celica vid has been posted before...like i said, its not my car... but i was looking around the srt forums and found an almost exact vid of what the celica did, so i decided to join them to show the 2 cars side by side.

ChrisD
01-01-2005, 07:50 PM
Pretty cool! :bigthumbu

I sort of expected that based on what I've seen at the track.

AutobotCelica
01-01-2005, 09:00 PM
Good stuff.

Snafu
01-02-2005, 12:07 AM
Oh dang, I guess I've never sat in a 6th gen. They both have ugly ass green dash lights? ick.

3SGTE = A shitload more top end.

Lagos
01-02-2005, 12:16 AM
Oh dang, I guess I've never sat in a 6th gen. They both have ugly ass green dash lights? ick.

yeah the stock gauges on a 6th gen dont look all that great, but thats an easy fix with some cheap indiglo gauges.

red_94gts
01-02-2005, 12:26 AM
damn some cheap coloured bulbs change the look quite nicely

Sean
01-02-2005, 12:29 AM
What the hell, its says it a HTML document, and all i get is code, even when i save target as. Something is up with that....

That speedo vid of Alex's car is VERY old, and he also had a leak in his intake manifold. I havent seen this vid yet with it side by side, but, I've been with him, and I've been to, a couple SRT-4 meets. Its been very well documented, intake and exhaust is ample to walk a stock SRT-4. Turn the boost up, and its not even an issue. I myself have raced an intake and exhaust SRT-4, and walked him pretty bad.

Stage 2 SRT-4's, will trap in the high 100's, as in 106-110, and your going to have to add a DP 14psi, intake and exhaust, and have a good run to take one. Im still waiting on a race for a Stage 2, neat cars though.

Alex also walked a stock one quite a while ago, i'll see if i can bring him in here....

Sean
01-02-2005, 12:30 AM
This should also be moved mod's......

Sean
01-02-2005, 12:36 AM
Interesting, they deleted my post race thread over there, but none of the pre race stuff. Guess it is pretty embarrassing getting beat by a celica, bwah, ah well.

Lagos
01-02-2005, 01:49 AM
sean... if the file saved as speedo.htm then just rename it to speedo.wmv

Snafu
01-02-2005, 01:58 AM
or just type the file name as speedo.wmv

works the same.

Sean
01-02-2005, 02:31 AM

Definitely, this is where we would really walk them. That 260 lbs of torque from the factory gives them a pretty good 2nd gear start.

Edit: Thanks Lago's, that did the trick. I learned something new today :bigthumbu

GT4SOM
01-02-2005, 04:32 AM
Sean you could have also right clicked an open with/ wmv. Yeah those guages on that celica look pretty retro compared to the srt4. Maybe cause it was done at night. I think both cars are about the same. Maybe its me but the celica might be slightly faster. I'm just celica biased though.

Sean
01-02-2005, 04:37 AM
actually, the celica gets there a full second faster by my eyes :) Celica it looks like it takes around 5, SRT-4, around 6 :) :) :)

undecided
01-02-2005, 04:37 AM
hehe those cars would own mine specially with my slipping clutch :)

Lagos
01-02-2005, 04:49 AM
while i was cutting up and splicing these speedo videos, i put them in slow motion and watched the counter. the celica was exactly 1sec faster on the counter. now in the real world, this would probably end up being a drivers race, but i think is shows just how worth while the swap really is....

now we just need a stock GT and ST to do 40-80mph vids!

Sean
01-02-2005, 04:55 AM
Holy shit, I guessed correctly! I dont know man, if you gain 1 second in a 40-80 race, thats quite a substantial lead :) You can travel 117 feet at 80 MPH in 1 second, 1 second earlier, the SRT-4 is doing about 75, which is a good 10 feet behind at this point.

Thats why I make such a big deal out of walking any SRT-4, there such a great car to compare a Swapped celica too. If your keeping up with a brand new 2.4 liter turbo, your doing a pretty damn good job :) Quite the testament to the 3S, and the chassis it should've been installed in from the factory. GST anybody?

GT4SOM
01-02-2005, 04:58 AM
I think the GTS should have been the stock fwd 3s powered celica :D I like that better then ripping off mitsubishi.

Sean
01-02-2005, 05:10 AM
Guys, Im REALLY bored, so excuse me :hehe:

I figured out there accelerations with velocity= (velocity initial) + (acceleration x time)

The Celica's acceleration in that given time period, 3.5746 meters per second
The SRT-4's acceleration in that given time, was 2.978 meters per second

Quite the difference

Using another forumula:
Distance is = (intial distance (which is zero)) + (initial velocity x time) + .5(acceleration x (time squared)).

With there given accelerations that i gave above, in 5 seconds of full throttle action:

Celica Travels: 134 Meters
SRT-4 Travels: 126 Meters Difference of, 8 meters, or roughly 24 feet.

Thats about 2.5 car lengths in a 5 second span, quite the difference :)

Lagos
01-02-2005, 05:48 AM
anyone know the curb weight of our swaped cars vs the srt4s?

Sean
01-02-2005, 05:53 AM
2970 for the SRT-4
2646 for the Celica Hatch

Sean
01-03-2005, 09:39 PM
Damn, im still impressed that my physics book came in handy for a change. Excuse me please....

GT4SOM
01-03-2005, 10:17 PM
sean, the figure your getting of 2646, does that mean 5th gen or 6th gen liftback?

Luni
01-03-2005, 10:39 PM
would have to be a 6th gen.

5th gens are closer to 2700-2800 lbs...

T-spoon
01-03-2005, 11:34 PM
And a bit heavier with a 3s, though by how much, I couldn't say, you could always compare the weight of a Turbo MR2 to a non Turbo MR2 to get a fair idea of the weight difference between a stock 5s Celica and a swapped one.

BTW, I think people are smoking crack when they say the 6th gen stock gauges are ugly. Our 94's are still green, not faded but crisp. I guess I'm just weird, but I think they look far superior to any other gauge cluster color, stock or otherwise. For instance, I despise the aftermarket blue, red, and teal in my MR2

Sean
01-03-2005, 11:38 PM
would have to be a 6th gen.

5th gens are closer to 2700-2800 lbs...

2646 is close to 2700lbs.... Its subjective regardless, stereo weight, fullness of gas tank, passengers, drivers weight, snow on the car......

2646 is just a number that google spit out at me. The mr2 turbo's and non turbo's have WAY to many differences to get an accurate measurement in the weight differences between the two engines. The 3s might have 50 more lbs at most, when you figure in the intercooler, the turbo, and the downpipe itself. All very dense items.

Luni
01-03-2005, 11:56 PM
You should weigh yours.

My car without me in it weighs 2690.

Luni
01-03-2005, 11:57 PM
On and on the record 6th gen gauges are ugly.

Its all about my MR2s gauging.

Lagos
01-03-2005, 11:59 PM
i think somone posted the weight of their 6th gen car with a 3s in it at one point. i think it was around 2700lb

another thing i noticed is that the srt4 redlines at 6k while our 3sgtes are at 7k.

silverarrow
01-04-2005, 12:44 AM
Speed comparison doesn't really matter when one is clocking in faster E.T.s than the other at the drag strip.

Snafu
01-04-2005, 02:36 AM
Speed comparison doesn't really matter when one is clocking in faster E.T.s than the other at the drag strip.

What? Actually it does. Speed comparison is a form of finding acceleration, which goes to show which one will travel 1320 feet faster and at a higher speed than the other. Speed comparison has everything to do with it.

silverarrow
01-04-2005, 05:10 AM
It's only partial of finding the E.T. All cars does not accelerate constantly at the same speed. I'm not arguing with you that speed is important, but when you get a 2.5 second 60 ft doing 95 mph traps at a 16.039 seconds 1/4 mile? Who is to blame? Driver experience needed BADLY! To be fast, you must know how to drive. Speed is just one of the factors in racing, there's many more variables involved.

I wouldn't care which car accelerates faster really. If I'm clocking in low 14s at 95 mph and the other guy is clocking in at high 14s at 98 mph...who is still faster? Just something else to think about besides speed comparison. It's a whole different situation when racing instead of bench racing(not towards you Snafu, but towards anyone that always talk the talk but never did have a drag strip experience first hand and timeslips).

Sean
01-04-2005, 05:15 AM
Not knocking you, but i also imagine that you wouldnt count a race from a roll either.

SRT-4's are plagued with terrible 60 foot times just as bad as we are. Especially the pre 04 models which lacked LSD.

As far as HP, trap speeds is what your looking for. If your looking for the "quickest" car, ET's baby.

silverarrow
01-04-2005, 07:17 AM
Sean: I'm not a "Race from a Roll" guy, I do it "1/4 mile at a time" like what Vin Diesel said in TFTF lol

Sean
01-04-2005, 07:24 AM
LOL, yeah typical WRX/alltrac response lol :)

Lagos
01-04-2005, 03:30 PM
race from a roll is where 90% of your street racing happens.

ChrisD
01-04-2005, 03:37 PM
LOL, yeah typical WRX/alltrac response lol :)

Nah we mostly just whine that our cars weren't meant for the drag strip at all. When it gets wet, twisty, and dirty, then we come in. :hehe:

Seriously though, speed comparisons are extremely useful and tell a lot about how fast a car is. Why do we bother recording 0-60 times? I don't think the point of this comparison was to see which was the better driver. This was to compare cars. And from 40-80 or whatever, there really isn't much difference that a different driver can make.

silverarrow
01-04-2005, 06:53 PM
Yeah, I know Chris...just looking at it at a legal way, not the street way. I know where you guys are coming from, just would like to put in my opinion that driver experience is very important when it comes to racing legally.

Lagos: Unfortunately most of my races do not happen on the streets, 99% of my races are on the strips where it should be. I'm not a street racer, but just to make one of those very few stupid ricers stop bothering me I'll just quickly downshift and take them by a bus length or two quickly and just stop. STOP PESTERING ME DAMN STREET RACERS!!! : )

Sean
01-04-2005, 07:45 PM
I'll just quickly downshift and take them by a bus length or two quickly and just stop. STOP PESTERING ME DAMN STREET RACERS!!! : )

Are you serious? What do you think really happens on the street? You think we bust out some spray paint, draw some lines, find a slut to waive, and shift our 5 speed transmissions 30 times?

Thats how it always work on the street, a quick line up at a stop light (unintenitionally most of the time), or a quick 4th gear run on the highway. Your just as guilty as if im following you correctly.... :noob:

Colossus20v
01-04-2005, 07:55 PM
:laugh: @ this thread...

Snafu
01-05-2005, 12:10 AM
I'm a strong believer about racing at the track. To me, it's one of the easiest ways to show how your whole setup works, and how fast it makes you. Your suspension, your power, your tires, everything counts.

But.. you gotta admit that it is fun to have a small race on the street. I mean, that's where drag racing started, that's where all racing competitions started. I think that if you can control your car, and are not endangering any other lives (other cars, pedestrians, etc), more power to you.

If you're at an intersection or a highway with no one around, go for it. If you're in rush hour traffic, or heavier traffic, don't be a dumbass. Use common sense.

silverarrow
01-05-2005, 06:56 AM
Are you serious? What do you think really happens on the street? You think we bust out some spray paint, draw some lines, find a slut to waive, and shift our 5 speed transmissions 30 times?

Thats how it always work on the street, a quick line up at a stop light (unintenitionally most of the time), or a quick 4th gear run on the highway. Your just as guilty as if im following you correctly.... :noob:

I'm guilty, but at least I don't do it 80% of the time. Like I said earlier, 99% at the strips and 1% on the open highway really w/ common sense(no rush hour in my area ever). I'm not as guilty as someone that does it once a week and never goes to the strips.

Sean
01-05-2005, 07:10 AM
No worries silver, your a good guy.

I look at it this way, out of 250,000 miles on my car. I've probably raced about 100 miles, thats a lot less that 1%.

You damn ricer :D

Lagos
01-06-2005, 01:16 AM
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1tq19/5th gen st 40-80.wmv

for comparison sake, here is a 5th gen st doing the same 40-80
if the video tries to save as speedo.htm ... then just rename it to speedo.wmv and it should play fine

it takes the mighty ST a full 14 seconds to get to 80mph

MoralWarfare
01-06-2005, 03:06 AM
:givesafuc

Lagos
01-06-2005, 03:14 AM
:givesafuc

everyone who ever thought

"is the swap wroth it?"
"how much faster will my car be after i swap?"
"how does the 3sgte compare to the current turbo cars on the maket?"

etc...etc...etc...

JGS3SGE
01-06-2005, 04:03 AM
Sorry, but my SRT OWNZS my celica right now :D
I'd put it against any of your stock turbo or "CT20B" 3SGTEs any day... :saythat:
But then again, I've modded everything except the engine and ECU (E-man).
But I'll admit their not that great stock with most drivers, you can go 12s on the stock turbo... how quick has anybody gone with the CT20B?

You have the gearing all wrong tho, the SRT is geared MUCH taller than the S or the E trans. I can do around 85-90MPH in 3rd with my SRT (@5900 redline)...the celica might do 70 in third (at the same redline) IIRC.
I do highway runs starting in 3rd in my SRT :hehe: 2nd is flat useless at full pedal. :D

Sean
01-06-2005, 05:05 AM
Old bro, 12's have been hit with the CT-26 long ago.... 12.7 to be exact.

Dont be so caucky either. Of course you would put a modded car versus a stock car. Apples to apples please.

JGS3SGE
01-06-2005, 06:02 AM
I really feel the love here... I swear its always "look, an SRT4... FLAME ON!" jeez
12.7? Is that the fastest? (no no2)... how about the infamous "CT20B".
with as low as a 12.2 (most 12.5), the SRT apple is bigger...
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/timeslips.php
Yes, it is a newer bigger motor but its also tied to a much heavier ride... I believe its a good match for any swapper given the right drivers. IMO both cars are very competive if used properly... I race both almost daily and I couldn't be happier.

Sean
01-06-2005, 07:02 AM
Umm... I enjoy the SRT-4 crowd more then the celica crowd.......

Bad week man, bad week.

Lagos
01-06-2005, 01:34 PM
im a member of srtforums.com and really have a lot of respect for that car. if was was to buy a brand new car right now, that would be one that i would really consider.

the whole point of this thread is not to say the swap is better then the srt4. its to show how swaping your celica would compare to the fastest car under 20,000, and also a stock celica. id really like to get a 6th gen GT vid doing the same thing, since thats what my car used to be before i swaped.

ChrisD
01-06-2005, 03:34 PM
I really feel the love here... I swear its always "look, an SRT4... FLAME ON!" jeez
12.7? Is that the fastest? (no no2)... how about the infamous "CT20B".
with as low as a 12.2 (most 12.5), the SRT apple is bigger...
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/timeslips.php
Yes, it is a newer bigger motor but its also tied to a much heavier ride... I believe its a good match for any swapper given the right drivers. IMO both cars are very competive if used properly... I race both almost daily and I couldn't be happier.

I know you had quite a battle with the SRTforum's trolls (I was there) Sean, but thats no reason to be a hater to every SRT owner on the planet...

Dude you really have no clue. A lot of the guys here hold a lot of respect for the SRT. Sean participates regularily on their board because of that. I have raced several SRT's myself.

The fastest anyone has gone down the track on the CT20b is 11.850. With the new CT27 variant out there I'd imagine someone hitting 11's in that very soon too. The CT26 can put down low 12's, but it will really depend on the person running and their particular setup. The thing is, people rarely choose to keep the CT26 when upgrading other things like the ECU, cams, intake manifold. The 3SGTE community as well is very limited in #'s compared to the SRT's....so there aren't as many people able to go for big power here. I am quite certain my heavy 4WD ass will hit the 12's next season on the CT20b.

This forum is not for flaming. Either keep it on topic, or it will be closed.

JGS3SGE
01-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Thanks for answering my question about the CT20B, was that with a celica?
I'm not up on the workings of the stock turbos because I never started with one on my car.

Going from a roll, as somebody else said is very driver dependant...
If you read many auto mags, you'll see all kinds of various performance on the 50-70 runs... some of the slower cars will perform great is those tests. Gearing and powerband is a large part of such a test.
I remember a couple of years ago, SSC did a test on the paxton cougar and from 50-70 it was one of the fastest ever tested (under 2 sec if IIRC). But it was by no means a FAST car (low14-high 14s I think).

I really didn't mean to start a war here, its just for all the respect you guys claim to give the SRT... I sure see enough posts stating their no threat to a 3SGTE (an no statements saying otherwise). I am guess I must be missing something here.

ChrisD
01-06-2005, 06:38 PM
No worries. :)

That 1/4 mile run was done in an mr2. The best run in a celica that I know of, was a gen 3 engine swapped alltrac, stock cams, head, ecu, and ran 12.9. Not many Celica owners have the CT20b in their cars from what I have seen.

I definitely respect the SRT. At 12psi I can only *just* edge them out. At 14psi I start to put a fair bit of distance on them.

Sean
01-06-2005, 07:07 PM
I remember you from there, and the only time I ever saw you post was in a flame thread over there.

Who knows how fast a FWD celica can get with a 20b, I imagine without slicks, your looking at 13's still...... Then again, I cant drive so....

BTW: "Stage 2 SRT-4's, will trap in the high 100's, as in 106-110, and your going to have to add a DP 14psi, intake and exhaust, and have a good run to take one. Im still waiting on a race for a Stage 2, neat cars though. "

Stock SRT-4's are not a threat, thats all. There 2.4 liter sure will put out more power mod for mod though. And yes, they have to have some tall gears in order to accomadate their low redline. See, with the CT-26, you should shift at 6200 anyways, cus its a piece of shit.

galcrazi
01-06-2005, 07:12 PM
buauaahhahaa Chris i think u saved this from turning into the raging flame fest that Sean was bombarded w/ on the SRT4 boards.

:)

i like srt4's too... they look great from my rearview mirror

Sean
01-06-2005, 07:18 PM
Meh, Im alright, just wish this was moved somewhere else instead of cluttering up our precious FI forum. Just to much pride on my part at times. Who cares, I have so much blood, sweat, and energy into my car. It better be able to keep up with a factory stock car. Think about that......

We need a media forum for all of our videos.....

galcrazi
01-06-2005, 08:24 PM
my car is better than any girl ive ever dated... God's honest truth... lol
Word on all the blood sweat and tears bit... except a little swearing included ;-)

and i second the media forum motion... but this should be in implimentation

JGS3SGE
01-06-2005, 11:58 PM
buauaahhahaa Chris i think u saved this from turning into the raging flame fest that Sean was bombarded w/ on the SRT4 boards.

i like srt4's too... they look great from my rearview mirror
Well, then you haven't met the right one :D There are lots of fast SRTs in FL... one from that times link I posted (ACRucrazy) is running 12.6s on drag radials :) Pretty impressive for any DR FWD.
I'll admit most SRT owners are punks that go around with an intake and exhaust and try to take on LS1s :lol: Not me tho, I really haven't challenged anybody :angel:

Spud
01-07-2005, 06:06 AM
chris and sean, are you guys talking from a roll or stop? I have a good friend who has an SRT-4, and from a roll he definitely has me. And I'm running 15lbs with intake and a exhaust. From a stop my rwd/mid engine takes him no problem, but he pulls on me for sure when we're cruising side by side, and pull in the same gear.

Sean
01-07-2005, 09:25 AM
Come run me Ian, and well go from there i guess :hehe:

Spud
01-07-2005, 02:34 PM
I just looked up the weight on just about every 5th gen. The lightest you can get is an ST auto, which puts you down into the 2600 range. The lightest GTS is 2800, and your year GTS was down for 2900. My car weighs about the same, in the 2800 range, has the same engine and turbo. sooooo..

Sean
01-07-2005, 06:45 PM
and gear ratios that were intended for a turbo...... a USDM ECU that isnt nearly as agressive, and failing to realize twice that no two cars are going to run identical. SRT's put down a wide gamut of power to the ground, it can deviate up to 30 lbs pounds of torque.

Spud
01-07-2005, 06:52 PM
all I was trying to say was I didn't understand why you guys seemed to be saying that you're having no trouble with stock SRT-4s, when my buddies is clearly faster than my 2 from a roll...

Sean
01-07-2005, 06:54 PM
It will forever remain a mystery i suppose.... Most swap celica's dont have issues with mr2 turbo's though....

Spud
01-07-2005, 06:59 PM
.....especially Chris, who drives an alltrac, with an extra 500lbs on my car or so, and running 3lbs less boost. ?

maybe my car isn't running right, haha. But then again I run even with Evos, and get walked slowly by STIs, so I don't think so.

Sean
01-07-2005, 07:01 PM
His SRT stock? Hows your ignition componets?

Chris is running a 20b, which is going to pull all the way to redline nicely.

I also have water injection running........

Sean
01-07-2005, 07:02 PM
Maybe you should throw the 3s in the 91 gt and find out what its like :)

Spud
01-07-2005, 07:04 PM
It will forever remain a mystery i suppose.... Most swap celica's dont have issues with mr2 turbo's though....

seriously? It just doesn't make sense. With the same engine, and the same weight? And running fwd compared to rwd (obviously doesn't make any different on a roll, but off the line fwd just doesn't work well).

:confused:

Sean/Chris you know me, I'm not trying to start anything, I honestly just don't understand, heh.

ChrisD
01-07-2005, 07:04 PM
I haven't ever raced one from a roll, so I'm not sure how the heavy alltrac would fare. I have raced a few at the track and on the street. I have never lost to one. My car is pushing in the range of near 250awhp when I run 14psi. JDM engine, CT20b, full exhaust, water injection, all helps.

I have run a 13.6 at the track at 2200ft above sea level. I was trapping between 99-101mph. That same day, there were several SRT's there. Two that I have record at ran 13.987 and 14.281, both were trapping ~97mph. I have no idea what their mods were.

Chris

Spud
01-07-2005, 07:07 PM
ah, I didn't know you were running the 20b already Chris, ya that helps quite a bit. But ya, from a roll you'd get taken, its a huge difference. I take him pretty easily from a stop, you just can't compare fwd to awd or rwd for launching, even with his LSD up front it doesn't matter, you can't efficiently get that power to the road. But anywhere past 1st gear from a roll I'm toast.

Sean
01-07-2005, 07:09 PM
seriously? It just doesn't make sense. With the same engine, and the same weight? And running fwd compared to rwd (obviously doesn't make any different on a roll, but off the line fwd just doesn't work well).

:confused:

Sean/Chris you know me, I'm not trying to start anything, I honestly just don't understand, heh.

Read up there again man. Different gear ratios (biggest difference) different ECU, and different cars.

That trap speed chris just ratteled off should be a huge indicication that its pefectly feasible to beat an SRT-4. Stock after my swap, i was also trapping 101, which was at stock boost. At sea level, the SRT's are trapping around 100, usually under.

ChrisD
01-07-2005, 07:11 PM
Totally understand Ian. If we were both running the same turbo you would probably walk on me. I've ridden in an mr2 at 15psi, definitely not slow. I am also running 14psi not 12. When I run 12psi, my 1/4 mile times are roughly 14.0 or so...very close to what the SRT will run at my elevation.

Also those SRT runs were their best of the day. It was part of a competition, where everyone made a minimum of 3 runs to try to get their best.

ChrisD
01-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Wow I just checked and their trap speeds were almost identical. 97.29mph and 97.28.

Sean
01-07-2005, 07:23 PM
http://srtforums.com/forums/timeslips.php?do=quarter&perpage=25&page=11
http://www.mr2oc.com/timeslips.php?do=quarter&perpage=25&page=2

GT4SOM
01-08-2005, 12:15 AM
haha :stupid: I wonder why the mr2's weigh in so much. Its a 2 seater. I don't think toyota should have made them that heavy. Any ideas on how much the non T Tops weigh in at?

Spud
01-08-2005, 01:41 AM
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/spec_Exterior.aspx?modelid=2743&trimid=-1&src=VIP&tab=2&sub=3

GT4SOM
01-12-2005, 01:55 AM
Hey I just now took a video of galcrazi's car running. Can anyone host this vid?

MoralWarfare
01-12-2005, 02:51 AM
sometimes i like to sing a little song. It goes like this:

I wanna be buried with a pocket full of clarity
Cos my swap is the bomb dizzle.

Lagos
01-13-2005, 02:58 AM
swap vs mr2... i think the only reason why the swap would be faster is because jdm swaped 3sgtes have about 20hp more then a usdm turbo mr2.

one of my friends owned an na mr2, and we would always race when i was still on my 5s. no matter what i did, he would always pull on me. so if the same jdm motor was in the 2 cars, i think the mr2 would take the win

Sean
01-13-2005, 04:56 AM
different gear ratios

Sean
01-13-2005, 07:45 PM
Doesnt matter, heres why:

The mr2 turbo is a fast car, it has the power to lay down solid 13's, and it has the potential, to lay down a sub 10 second pass. Its virtually the same setup, with different options, its going to be a drivers contest if you have identical setups, with similiar engines. You cant despute that, thats like claiming a brand new STI dominates its brother, another STI of the same year and condition.

SRT-4's are fast cars, and will typically walk all over us. They have a gigantic market backing them, as well as tens of thousands of tuners. Again, its a drivers race with simliar mods, and similiar boost levels.

undecided
01-19-2005, 12:29 AM
mmm i would do a 40-80mph run in my car, cept my speedo i think is really off bc it shakes and i need to get a new spring put in or something bc the old one has a kink my dad thinks, the guy who changed my clutch is going to put that back in before i pay him, also he's going to fix my cables bc he wripped them out then tried to half ass it and put it back in.

so when the cable tries to push into second gear, the steel shaft isnt there to protect it from bending, ie it feels weird as hell going into 2nd and reverse, but 4th is fine.

haha when i get that fixed and get a guy to host the vid ill do it ;) this might all happen within the next 2 weeks, but my car does have bigger rims, cai, and full exhaust.

Sean
01-19-2005, 07:07 PM
Umm.... what kind of car do you have?

undecided
01-20-2005, 01:06 AM
u guys said u were looking for a gt celica so i offered up :D

Sean
01-20-2005, 08:39 AM
u guys said u were looking for a gt celica so i offered up :D

Sure sounds great, just wasnt sure what you had :)

undecided
01-20-2005, 04:41 PM
haha once everything gets fixed ill get it video'd. also who would like to host the vid for me :D

Lagos
01-21-2005, 03:20 AM
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNzQwNzk5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

rxs turbo 40 - 100 mph... its fast!