PDA

View Full Version : Valet button, Where is it???

percyv143
01-01-2005, 05:01 PM
i have an alarm model LD 168-6C and i can't understand. where is the "valet button"? is it the same as the "override switch"? the remote button has this 4 button configurartions:

1 - (lock/unlock)
2 - (picture of the back of the car with trank opened/vehicle locator) - this is for trank remote open
3 - (chirp on / off) - this is for silent and sound mode for alarm
4 - (window up)

link to alarm diagram :

http://percyv143.home.comcast.net/pix/alarm1.jpg

thanks.

schmooot
01-01-2005, 09:18 PM
the valet button will be a little switch or button (on your diagram it is the override switch). Where it is depends on where the installer put it, usually somewhere near the driverside kickpanel. How it works depends on the alarm as well, on my alarm I have to start the car and then move the switch to "off" and then turn the car off. Then it will be in valet mode, and vice versa. Yours might just be a matter of holding it down for a period of time or pushing it a couple times or hell it could be any combination of things

david in germany
01-01-2005, 11:49 PM
Ok from your post you leve a little out.
I am going out on a limb here by asking, are you instaling this alarm or has it been instaled for you?
I guess you are tring to figure out how to activate valet mode, correct? That would mean it is instaled already.
In this case I can only fall back on the knowlege of the alarms I have installed (I couldn't find the model you mentioned in the internet)
The valet mode will function diffrently with every alarm type and brand but I think you are looking for the override button.
Hope that helped.
David

percyv143
01-02-2005, 04:23 AM
hi. i figured it out. i was the one who installed the alarm and i just didn't know that the valet button can be the override switch. thanks for the posts. :)