View Full Version : Stupid Defroster

02-02-2006, 03:46 AM
Ive Done every test in the book and this is what i came up with,
1. the relay is fine
2. its draining power
3 no power on the lines when tested with voltmeter( could not find aluminum foil).

So basicly what im asking is, if the cables and the relay are fine, what would cause it to fail? Any one else have this problem? its 645 $ for a new rear window..

In the moring the frost is more dense near the lines and it spreds out like it is gaped or somthing.

02-02-2006, 08:23 AM
Any broken lines visible?

02-02-2006, 12:48 PM
I didnt look much, but I figured no. would one broken line casue the whole thing not to work.?

02-02-2006, 01:03 PM
No, one broken line would just cause that section not to work. If you do find a broken line, an easy fix kit is usually available at any part store.

Brad 90 Celica GT

02-02-2006, 09:36 PM
The whole thing dont work. Mabe a conector came loose or somthing, but foggy windows man. how do u test how much power it uses and if it does and stil ldont work. what then?

02-02-2006, 11:58 PM
Another test (maybe)...

Turn it on let it be for 5 minutes then feel around (outside) the corners of the window and there shoud be a hot spot... or at least for me there is and the spot is where the 3 wires for my defroster connect to.

02-18-2006, 04:35 PM
i thought it was a complete circut.

02-19-2006, 11:13 AM
Alternately, it could be what my mechanic diagnosed with my defroster -- burnout of the timer.

If your 90 GT is like my 90 GT, it has a pushbutton timer for the defroster switch. My mechanic's opinion, based on current tests, is that the timer is burnt out and therefore when the switch is pressed the light goes on but power is not delivered to the rear window.

Haven't bothered to replace it because it doesn't get frosty around here very often, and it's buried in the dash somewhere that I can't find.