PDA

View Full Version : thinking about gettin a celica!

infuriated_rain
01-29-2006, 11:36 PM
hey guys, im new to this site. im thinkin about gettin a celica soon. right now im lookin at a 2001 gt. its got about 50k miles on it. they want 13,750 for it but im sure i could talk em down a bit. what do you guys think? and is the insurance killer? im 19, good student grades or whatever, and dont have any accidents on my record.

GT4SOM
01-30-2006, 12:09 AM
Welcome aboard! I think you should probably expect to pay 200+ for insurance, I'm assuming you're financing the car and you're going to take full coverage on it. I think 13k on a 5 year old GT is too much. Is it fully loaded with leather?

JDMZZT230
01-30-2006, 12:49 AM
what else is done to that car? i think 01 GT go for 12k or less. anyways, i've had my 00 GT ever since, i used to pay $130 a month full coverage (i was 18). now, i'm 23, i pay $120 for both my celica and 91 MR2 T.

GT4SOM
01-30-2006, 01:21 AM
Were you under your parents? That will make a big difference.

Ricksta
01-30-2006, 02:29 AM
well if you plan on spending that much money on a celica you miles well get a 5th or 6th gen and do the 3sgte swap ....you will blow away anything thats in your way. screw the new celi's. they've got nothin on us fifth gens :wiggle:

infuriated_rain
01-30-2006, 03:31 AM
lol the reason why im gettin rid of my car is cuz its got high miles on it and im sick of havin to replace parts, i just wanna get somethin rather new that i wont have to worry about nearly as much. i dont need anything fast, just somethin good lookin and dependable. thats why im just gettin a gt. but yea i thought 13,750 sounded pretty high. NADA says its only worth like 12,000 i think. its CERTIFIED so i dont know if that makes much of a shit.

jaded_driver
01-30-2006, 03:45 AM
lol the reason why im gettin rid of my car is cuz its got high miles on it and im sick of havin to replace parts, i just wanna get somethin rather new that i wont have to worry about nearly as much.

i had that concept when i bot a brand new Z24 Cavalier when i was 16... same idea when i got a brand new Sentra when i was 20... now i'm 23... just sold the sentra (literally few days ago) and i'm working on my 5th gen... i love it.. engine swap (for reliability for now) in the future a decked out body and interior (working on that now) and a 3SGTE, class... with over 200hp with a few extra mods it will be little over 300hp

insurance is freaking high for us guys... of course our love for speed may have something to do with that... :P

Richbum
01-31-2006, 12:05 AM
I'm 18, I paid almost 600 per 6 months on LIABILITY only for my 5th gen celica as a second driver under my parents name.

Hit & Run when I was 15 years old /w no license
Speeding when I was 17 (I just got one 5 months before that but I went to traffic school)

you dont want to know how much I pay now for my new 2006 Civic Si full coverage :thumbsdow

which reminds me, it was a stupid mistake. Its fun for awhile, but its a civic. i'm trading it in for a used G35 really soon.. hopefully if I can convince my dad.

when will my stupid record go away >:O

GT4SOM
01-31-2006, 08:38 PM
Hell yeah, If I had flow I would definately get something rwd!

TheNefariousOne
01-31-2006, 09:52 PM
You think $600 per 6 months is bad? I pay that with a clean record here in Philly, so I dunno what you're crying about...

TNO

jaded_driver
02-01-2006, 05:56 AM
lol.. u guys got nothing... 21 crotch rocket, a spec-v, and a 94 corvette..

not me.. i'm not that dumb... but yea.. he pays out the yang... something like 2400 every 6 months...?

Colossus20v
02-01-2006, 06:30 PM
Infuriated_Rain. I think my brother told you to come over here. Glad you found us alright. Like everyone said, You should spend about 10k - 12k depending on the condition of the body and stuff. If its certified, Im assuming it is at a dealer. See if they changed the belts and what parts they replaced. Insurance should not be too bad for you. You'll have to get full coverage and as long as you have a good record it shouldnt be to much. Especially since its a GT, it shouldnt be to bad.

Richbum
02-04-2006, 05:28 AM
600 for 6 months was liability only. i'm not covered for anything. if i hit another car. they'll cover for the other persons car, but not mine. if someone like um.. steals my car. i get nothing.

so what exactly am i paying 600 every 6 months for? absolutely nothing.

GlHlOST
02-04-2006, 09:21 AM
Lucky I found this Richbum decoder ring in my cereal this morning... Lets decode the meassages!!!!!

you want to know how much I pay now for my new 2006 Civic Si?
i'm not covered for anything
hopefully if I can convince my dad.
so what exactly am i paying for? absolutely nothing.

my new 2006 Civic Si, like um... not mine. i get nothing.

Richbum
02-04-2006, 11:04 PM
hey fuck you.

I dont have insurance on the celica because I dont drive a celica anymore. thats why I said "I'm 18, I paid almost 600 per 6 months on LIABILITY only" and then i replied "600 for 6 months was liability only." (Its called past tense asshole.) then I went on by explaining what liability only means, and why 600 would be expensive for it.

prick. :thumbsdow

Audi90Quattro
02-05-2006, 12:58 AM
so what exactly am i paying 600 every 6 months for? absolutely nothing.

How about the right to drive legally? How would you like it if someone hit you, but didnt have insurance? Would you like to foot the bill for somebody elses fuck up?

Hit & Run when I was 15 years old /w no license
Speeding when I was 17 (I just got one 5 months before that but I went to traffic school)

you dont want to know how much I pay now for my new 2006 Civic Si full coverage

when will my stupid record go away >:O

Hmmm so 2 tickets,and a hit and run only in two years of driving? I really cant see why your paying so much for insurance... it couldn't be the fact your considered high risk could it? Noooo.....it couldn't be

/sarcasm

Now about that stupid record. 3 years for insurance to forget about it and 4 years for police to forget about it. Maybe then they'll think your mature enough and take you off of high risk?

i'm trading it in for a used G35 really soon..

I about fell out of my chair after reading that.... Brilliant idea , truely it is.

Richbum
02-05-2006, 04:33 AM
actually those were rhetorical questions. but thanks for the info anyways. :]

simonsaysyousuck
02-05-2006, 08:31 AM
i pay 900 a year for my gt-s but its salvage and im under my parents. (22 speeding tickets within 4 years and six points later, im paying twice that). got the car for 10 grand in winter of '02 with 34k miles.

Kingsoup
02-08-2006, 02:55 PM
Thats a fair bit of money.

Are you going to school soon? If the insurance is a lot, perhaps get a car that is cheaper and less expensive. Forget turbo cars, they cost fortunes, GT would be plenty quick and a real nice handler.