PDA

View Full Version : Philly/NJ people (or anyone), some help (welding)...

TheNefariousOne
01-23-2006, 06:46 AM
Does anyone know where I could go to get a pipe welded up? I already have the flex pipe and I'm going to buy reducers, I'd just need someone to cut and weld it all together with the stock mid-pipe piece.

I'm looking to do it relatively cheap, and Midas and Meinikie both quoted me at $150 blah.

TNO

Galcobar
01-23-2006, 07:24 AM
Possibly local technical college or trade school?

And check your local non-chain exhaust shops. But $150 sounds about what I'd expect from what you've described -- there's a reason welders are rarely poor.

Captain Morgan
01-23-2006, 04:38 PM
yeah, $150 isnt a bad price. I'd do it for ya, but I dont think I could charge any less and you'd probably spend $25 in gas driving to my side of NJ and back anyway ;)

TheNefariousOne
01-23-2006, 07:35 PM
Blahh ok...I thought they were just jacking up the price cause it's a chain and schtuff. Oh well...I may just wait anyways and get a full 3" exhaust if I can save up enough money for a 3sgte swap. So we'll see.

Oh, and CM, it actually wouldn't be that bad haha. My grandparents have a shore house in Forked River so I'm down there a lot anyways during the summer. We hang over at Clearwater...dunno if everyone calls it that, but I'm talking about that spot in the bay off IBSP where all the boats tie up and sit if you have a boat and you're ever out and about in the bay.

TNO