PDA

View Full Version : Worth it?

Carnage
01-23-2006, 04:30 AM
I really like this body kit, a lot. I have the money to spend but I want to know your guy's oppinion. Is it worth the price (170 + 200 shipping) or can I find cheaper/better/nicer kits elseware

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-91-92-93-TOYOTA-CELICA-SHOTGUN-BODY-KITS-FREE-MESH_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36475QQitemZ803160 7919QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW#ebayphotohosting

Tommy91GT
01-23-2006, 08:35 AM
I don't much trust Ebay for kits, no warranty. I'd check around first, better to pay a little more for a good kit then go cheap and it cost more in money and time to fix it.

Slider
01-23-2006, 08:39 AM
I like how it says it will only fit on the hatchback model, when in the picture the car is clearly a coupe

Carnage
01-23-2006, 11:55 AM
I don't much trust Ebay for kits, no warranty. I'd check around first, better to pay a little more for a good kit then go cheap and it cost more in money and time to fix it.

Thats cheap?? lol
Your telling me normal price for a body kit is even MORE than that. damn so theres no place I can really get cheaper?

Murgatroy
01-23-2006, 12:02 PM
I like how it says it will only fit on the hatchback model, when in the picture the car is clearly a coupe
They have removed the rear bumper brace on the car in the pic, that is so they don't have to cut an modify the rear apron. And yes Carnage, that is cheap. A Good namebrand bodykit with all the bells and whistles (read warranty) will run you at least $600.

Tommy91GT
01-23-2006, 12:10 PM
The current normal price for this kit from Erebuni (the original maker) is $929.00 ( 2 years ago it was $1500 from Ere). You shop around you can find the knockoff's for anywhere from $200-$500. This kit may be decent, but from what I've seen putting kits on cars, the cheaper they are the more you have to do to fit and prep for paint. You have to deal with misfits, cracks, rough areas, and scratches. You don't get any garrentee with Ebay, If you read there fead back most of the nuetral and bad is for cracked kits and them not wanting to refund. It's up to you I'm just giving you my $.02.

Carnage
01-23-2006, 08:42 PM
Thx for the advice Tommy.

I never knew you had to actually fit them. I thought they kind of screw right on. I mean does the work to put on a kit require cutting and special tools and that kind of shit? Or is it basic drilling a few holes here and there.

EDIT: Wheres another somewhat decent somewhat cheap body kit site

EDIT # 2: Arg its too fucking tempting its like crack or something. I keep going back. I think im going to buy it. I know ill regret it after what you said but I dont know. His feedbacks are a year old(his bad ones). If it dosent fit well fuck I hope he refunds me.

Tommy91GT
01-24-2006, 07:52 AM
They are suppose to fit perfect when you get them, Basic lt go right into were the old ones come off for rear. The front you will have to drill holes in your fenders to mount. Side you can use a couple different options: Some screw, some rivet, same use trim tape I rivetted mine then covered the rivs before painting. It's a pain in the ass to put on by yourself. Highly recommend two people, possible even a third to ensure one side isn't higher than the other.