PDA

View Full Version : porsche vs. celica

undecided
01-21-2006, 08:05 PM
1990 celica gt.. mods.. paceshitter header 2.25 exhaust.. cai was returned to stock intake.

porsche boxster mods.. prob stock

well i was getting pissed at this lady bc she was going slow down the road so going onto a turn onto a street i swung it wide so i would go into the second lane and threw it down to first and gunned it. lol she gunned it too. weird we were next and neck up to 85 where i finally pulled ahead. it was so funny that she got beat by the celica. it was a stick..maybe she didnt know how to drive it? all i know is all the shifts in the celica i hit perfect:)

it's funny beating a 40k car with a 1500 dolla one aha

Punisher
01-21-2006, 09:26 PM
Porsches are not that fast surprisingly...

I know a guy that has one.. pushing 28PSI... and he said he puts down in the range of 275whp... *shrugs*...

I know the guy ain't dumb either.. so it isn't like he doesn't know what he is doing with the car.

I am betting it really depends on the year of the car too.. they weren't all made to be rockets. Just by looking at the body though.. I'm sure they handle really fuckin well.

undecided
01-21-2006, 09:57 PM
yeah boxsters suck i wonder if she was driving the thing right? it really depends upon the turbo at 28psi bc it could be a shitty small one lol and that's why who knows.

ill look up the specs on teh boxster though

fiveSFE
01-21-2006, 10:00 PM
i donno, are you sure she downshifted all the way, or was actually trying, i remember i got owned by one in my 93 celica gt a while back. and ihad intake, pace setter exhuast, gutted cat, and a greddy emanage system at the time

Doctor Jinxed
01-21-2006, 10:47 PM
yah man, i know it was a boxter and all, but i gotta call BS.

She probably wasn't racing or didn't down shift, or drove through a puddle of crisco just a second earlier.

Trance4c
01-21-2006, 11:53 PM
yah man, i know it was a boxter and all, but i gotta call BS.

She probably wasn't racing or didn't down shift, or drove through a puddle of crisco just a second earlier.

Dude.. it was a Boxster, they are SLOW! I could see a GT 5S being neck and neck with one.

fiveSFE
01-22-2006, 01:04 AM
Dude.. it was a Boxster, they are SLOW! I could see a GT 5S being neck and neck with one.

they arent that slow though, according to car-stats.com they pull a 1/4 mile in the high 14 range

alltracman78
01-22-2006, 01:07 AM
Yeah, they're not that damn slow.....
She didn't know/want to give her engine hell...

Doctor Jinxed
01-22-2006, 01:56 AM

I think that swap of yours made you forget exactly where a 5S with some minor bolt ons stands in today's car world. :hehe:

Trance4c
01-22-2006, 02:19 AM
I played with a boxster when I had my old GT, I know where it stands.

undecided
01-22-2006, 09:08 AM
all i gotta say is this race was real. i've never posted a race that wasnt bs in this "drag racing forum" i have an r6 if i want to go fast i run that shit hard. i was running the boxster for run. maybe she didnt know how to run her boxster right..or maybe i hit my shifts right while she suxed and owned her.

all i gotta say is if i was driving the boxster i woulda kicked my own ass. lol i hit those shifts perfect it was great. if i wanted to own her i would ran her in my r6....or even my old hawk 88 gt lol!

i was just posting a rather humerous story.

Slider
01-22-2006, 10:01 AM
:bigthumbu :hehe: nice kill

Stock 5sfe's have trouble keeping up with minivans and you're out there beating porsches. She probably had an auto, but yeah boxsters aren't made for straight line power. I think they make like 200hp and weigh right around the same as a 5th gen.

undecided
01-22-2006, 04:57 PM
lollers! ^. it was a stick she was rolling down the hill. im sure she didnt know how to drive it right none the less i thought someone would get a kick outta it :D

BEAMS
01-22-2006, 05:05 PM
:laugh:
Nice kill for the old 5sfe.

urban_legend
01-26-2006, 11:41 PM
why does everybody hate on a 5sfe??? i know for a fact they kill the 1.8 toyota engines in corolla's and v6 mustangs, my auto was quick, but i dunno i guess everybody has their opinions...

GT4SOM
01-27-2006, 03:07 AM
Haha you're talking about a 4age, those things aren't really fast stock. Boxters are slow as balls. THey are the civic of porsches :hehe: I'd still push one but I wouldn't spend 40k on it and have my ass handed to me by a GT celica hah. Buy a TT supra

nuclearhappines
01-28-2006, 08:52 AM
um

wast it a boxster or a boxster S ?

i drove a boxster 2004 once... and my friend was in my 3000gt ... now he didn't want to launch my car because well it was my car...and i didn't care about laucnhing the boxster because it was a lowner to his mom (who was sitting right next to me)... because her 1987 carerra was in the shop for some electrical junk ...

anyway ... i had a pretty good 5sfe .... i/paceshitter /2.25" exhaust/ magnecore wires/ msd coil / overgapped plugs/ advanced timing /safc tuned/ vacuum reduction... it was a good 5sfe ...

let me get back to the porsche ... i tried was slipping the clutch on the launch at about 3.5k and i didn't get any tire spin the thing just gave a tiny squat, so i dumped the clutch and full on the gas and the thing just took off like a bat out of hell (a testiment to the mid / rear layout) ... a blink of an eye and i'm at 7500 rpm, blam, 2nd gear, chirp, and i'm flying towards redline again ... and i kept going to 120+mph at which point the 3000gt had caught up with me and passed me going about 160mph he says ... (This is when i first bought the 3000gt and if you played your gas pedal just right you had pretty much unrestricted boost as long as you stayed out of fuel cut)...

give me a boxster, a plain boxster ... not even the S.. and give me a 5sfe with bolt ons and i'm sure i'm gonna smack the hell out of your 5sfe... i love the 5sfe don't get me wrong ... but you're lucky you beat her (Because i like beating slow asses that speedup when you want to pass) ... but really... you need more mods

boxster /S
weight 2800 lbs ?
power 180-200hp? (in the earliest and the weakest of boxsters / 260 something for the newest boxster S's

The handling is great under 100mph ... it feels like your in a go kart not in a car... when you get over 100mph the car feels floaty and unsafe... unlike the 3000gt which is told to be piggish but feels very well planted over 100mph

-nuke

nuclearhappines
01-28-2006, 08:55 AM
oh and the shift knob feels like ass ... but it worked just fine when i was slamming it around : ) ... the throw is really nice

MoralWarfare
01-28-2006, 04:42 PM
boxster = pussy porsche.

nice kill though :)

undecided
01-30-2006, 08:12 AM
pfft it was more of a joke for beating it. i know it could woop my ass. my celica is not my go fast vehicle, i have the r6 for that. :hehe:

Colossus20v
01-31-2006, 12:51 AM
Haha you're talking about a 4age, those things aren't really fast stock. Boxters are slow as balls. THey are the civic of porsches :hehe: I'd still push one but I wouldn't spend 40k on it and have my ass handed to me by a GT celica hah. Buy a TT supra
you mean the 7afe 1.8l. 4age is 1.6l.

T-spoon
01-31-2006, 03:30 PM
you mean the 7afe 1.8l. 4age is 1.6l.

But it could also be the 1zz or 2zz. Vagueries FTL :thumbsdow :hehe:

Colossus20v
01-31-2006, 05:22 PM
But it could also be the 1zz or 2zz. Vagueries FTL :thumbsdow :hehe:
True but in the statement he mentioned that the 5S killed the 1.8l engines. The only engine I think it would kill is the 7afe. 1zz at about 140hp, in a lighter corolla would probably be an interesting race if both were manuals. The 2zz though I dont think the 5s will kill let a lone hang with.

Slider
01-31-2006, 06:53 PM
True but in the statement he mentioned that the 5S killed the 1.8l engines. The only engine I think it would kill is the 7afe. 1zz at about 140hp, in a lighter corolla would probably be an interesting race if both were manuals. The 2zz though I dont think the 5s will kill let a lone hang with.

1zz would kill a 5th gen with a 5s. Drove an automatic corolla and it felt pretty peppy. If it was a manual I'm sure it would kill the 5s.

T-spoon
01-31-2006, 07:35 PM
1zz would kill a 5th gen with a 5s. Drove an automatic corolla and it felt pretty peppy. If it was a manual I'm sure it would kill the 5s.

Does depend on the car too of course, I doubt the 'rolla with the 1zz would have anything on the celi 5s off the line, likely at higher speed though. Now, the MRS is light enough with the PROPER :D drivetrain configuration, so it would have the 5s every which way.

85gtsblackman
02-01-2006, 12:18 AM
the 1zz would have to be a manual

and be running right

1zz has about the same power as a 5s, a 2zz is a different story

undecided
02-01-2006, 04:33 AM
i drove a 4 door rolla manual out...and it sucked very very slow maybe 4 door? that's why ? all i know is the celica would rape it well at least beat it that car sucked ass!

Colossus20v
02-01-2006, 01:10 PM
i drove a 4 door rolla manual out...and it sucked very very slow maybe 4 door? that's why ? all i know is the celica would rape it well at least beat it that car sucked ass!
what year though. The ones with a 4afe and 7afe in them yeah a 5s would walk on. But if it was newer like 99-present I think it would have major difficulty.

GT4SOM
02-01-2006, 05:02 PM
Oh yeah I was thinking of a 86 for some reason. I don't think the 1zz is such a bad engine. If I was to get a 7th gen, I'd definately get a gt so I can boost it later.