PDA

View Full Version : 3sge engine swap

cgtDream
01-18-2006, 08:34 PM
Hey all. I was hoping if anyone had any info on the problems that would be encountered in swappingin a 3sge into a 5s/7a equipped 6th gen. Honestly i havent done much research into it myself, but have just went on the premise that it would be the same as swapping a 3sge from a 3sfe, and word of mouth from others.....

cgtDream
01-30-2006, 09:24 AM
Well since no one could answer my first question, let me ask another. IN doing this engine swap, is it smart for to get the complete wiring harness, ( engine bay all the the wiring harness that connets to the dash/indoor fuses, etc.)or should i just get the part of the harness that goes into the engine bay, and just splice the rest into the 7afe wiring harness( engine bay wiring harness to the ecu, then from the ecu splice in the 7afe wiring harness that runs inside the car)........

Dr Tweak
01-30-2006, 10:34 AM
Well since no one could answer my first question, let me ask another. IN doing this engine swap, is it smart for to get the complete wiring harness, ( engine bay all the the wiring harness that connets to the dash/indoor fuses, etc.)or should i just get the part of the harness that goes into the engine bay, and just splice the rest into the 7afe wiring harness( engine bay wiring harness to the ecu, then from the ecu splice in the 7afe wiring harness that runs inside the car)........

You want to get all of the wiring from the ECU to the engine to the fusebox. This is normally referred to as an "uncut" harness.

The interior wiring is not needed.

-Doc

cgtDream
01-30-2006, 01:26 PM
thank you dr. tweak for that info......