PDA

View Full Version : Ohhhh Mannnnn!!!!!!

masterww
01-17-2006, 05:01 PM
:wtf: First of hello everyone, its been a while but ive been busy!!!!.

Ok so if anybody remembers i have a 1992 toyota celica GT, after 2 hours from buying it from a private dealer the engine blew!!!! and i got that replaced with a japan import of the same engine (wish i put that 3gse in there now lol but thats for another day) and a new clutch, and it was working fine... then fuel started leaking (line was rusted to hell ( a quick fix was done) but it will have to be replaced of course ).

Then the battery died out on me (i though it could have been the alternator, but my mech who did all these fixes so far said it was ok ). Now i have a optima red battery.

Now the new story!!!... i live in brampton near toronto, canada. and i was travelling on Highway 401 west to go to london, ontario ( about a 2 hour drive) while i was driving in the night ( it was 10 pm) my head lights dimmed out to almost being non visible, then all the lights inside my car followed... and my deck ( eclipse cd2545 i believe what it is ) turned compely off ( like no power) and on a few times... needless to say i had to pull off near a wall mart and i had to call CAA to get it towed back to my house !!!!... ive called CAA like 3 times since i got the car to get it towed every time argh!@!!!>....

I STILL LOVE THIS CAR THOUGH !!!!!

Ne ways i have brought it to a new mech who is now lookin over the electronics as there is some stuff happening there also.... but what i wanted to find out is if i can get a better alternator in that car as that what has been determinded to be the problem...

i was talking to one of the mech guys there at his shop and he was saying that a high current celica amp sux, cuz they just burn out 2 fast... so they were saying to get like a mustang alternator and get it custom fit in there...

the reason ill need a high current amp is cuz i have 1 amp in there already pulling 600 watts rms and ima put another in there that will pull about 300 watts more. So ima need the power!!!!.

Any help would be grateful... this is also hurried as im at work !! and dont have much time to type out the whole complete experience ive had ...

thx/

alltracman78
01-17-2006, 05:23 PM
You need a reman TOYOTA amp.
And a 1 farad capacitor......

And this is in the wrong section....

AND, I believe Japan never had the 5SFE. Which means you didn't get a JDM engine installed.

Ricksta
01-17-2006, 05:33 PM
sounds like battery corrosion..same thing happend to me...had to clean the battery wires clean as a whistle and everything was a.o.k.

david in germany
01-17-2006, 06:37 PM
Replace your brushes and you should be good to go. :wiggle:
moved to General

masterww
01-17-2006, 06:52 PM
ok coo sorry bout the wrong section diddnt know where to put it... the mech actually checked the alternator thing was puttin out like 10-11 volts !!!! so i dunno hes actually gona just replace that rite now ah well.

da_player
01-17-2006, 07:36 PM
yea the alternator shuldnt be the problem cause ihave a 240 amp,deck and a sony ps2, plus a 7" plasma screen tv, and my alt keeps up. cheack for any shortts or ground looping in your electronics system

celicagt90
01-22-2006, 11:24 PM
You would be incorrect about the jdm 5sfe because i did the same exact swap a few months ago when i threw a rod.

Gary
01-23-2006, 12:19 AM
You would be incorrect about the jdm 5sfe because i did the same exact swap a few months ago when i threw a rod.
Which car in Japan come with 5SFE?
JDM 5sfe does not exist!

alltracman78
01-23-2006, 01:28 AM
Exactly.....

Celicaguy13
01-23-2006, 01:34 AM
I really hope you didnt get the ebay "jdm 5sfe" which is really a 3sfe

Mister2T
01-23-2006, 01:34 AM
also add another ground to the altenator, cannot hurt, if your lines are corroded inside the plastic, it will not work as supposed to.

alltracman78
01-23-2006, 01:36 AM
I really hope you didnt get the ebay "jdm 5sfe" which is really a 3sfe
That's what I'm thinking...