PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to say hi again...

jai
01-16-2006, 05:39 PM
Hi all:
Just wanted to say hi and see how some of you all were. Some of you may recall me from the good old celica.net site. I used to own a 5th gen, loved it...eventually sold it as wifee couldn't drive a m/t.

what really inspired me to post here was this past weekend, i was out with an appraiser doing an inspection on a commerical property, and i noticed the building owner has engines in one room. When i asked..he said someone told him it was a profit making deal to buy turbo engines from japan and then sell them stateside. Keep in mind, this building owner doesn't know english, and only speaks Urdu. FYI: All i wanted for my 5th gen was a 3s motor swap. but the price always killed it. There right in front of my eyes were two 3s motors with TMIC (IC has a toyota logo, assuming the engine or at least the IC is from a caldina model cus i never recall seeing IC with a huge toyota logo). I asked him about those engines and he told me he's already sold the entire stock for a loss last week and someone will come this weekend to pick up all his engine stock. There i was looking for engines three years ago from CA and elsewhere and here in houston (20 minutes from my place) there was a dude that had pretty much a lot of engines in stock! Bummers...I'll check out the site and see who's where now..but i didn't see any of those 'condom-people'..i guess that was a fad......

alltracman78
01-17-2006, 03:05 AM
Hi again. :D

Did you happen to notice if the ic was mesh looking where the logo was?
Or was it smooth?

jai
01-17-2006, 06:08 PM
the ic itself was black, the mesh was like a cover, and basically the cover was the one with the Oval toyota logo! I spoke to my client, he said the dude came and picked up all the engines this past weekend.

jaded_driver
01-21-2006, 12:58 AM
dude... go to new hampshire and buy the celica there... 500 cash... u can do it man.. forget the wife... lol she can learn

ChrisD
01-22-2006, 06:53 PM
Hey Jai!

Sounds like a Caldina motor to me. :)