PDA

View Full Version : My first autox today

Hiko
01-16-2006, 05:26 AM
:woot:

So I took Samantha out to her first autox, and I gotta say, shit's fun!

I was racing in sts because my ONLY mod was 17's with yoko es100's, but that pushed me outta stock. That and all my friends are in sts, so I figured what the hell, eh?

In anycase, outta 4 laps, I picked up zero cones and no DNF's. That and I managed to eek out someone in my class. An 02 Impreza on all season tires. I know, I know, all seasons, but still, unmodified racing in modified class. Gotta count for something.

Saw a lot of cool cars up there, including another 77 celica (wasn't racing tho, that woulda been cool), an ae86, two mr2's (one turbo, other N/A), and a slew of others.

Results are here if anyone gives a rats.
http://rmsolo.org/results/06/0115full.txt
I'm 84 sts.

/rambling

Mister2T
01-16-2006, 03:25 PM
well sounds like you had fun.

roman
01-16-2006, 06:32 PM
Are you still out in Denver? I can't believe they have autocrosses this late! You're lucky. I'm going through car withdrawal and autox withdrawal right now. :eek4d:

Hiko
01-16-2006, 11:03 PM
Well, I'm now in Boulder (suppose I could update that), and the event was in colorado springs. Yeah, we have a winter series out here. Less packed (so I'm told), and you don't bake while shaggin cones (you just freeze yer nards off :hehe: ).Yesterday was a balmy 50 degrees.

psyco13013
01-17-2006, 12:46 AM
I have my first race of the season on Sunday. Forcasted high in the upper 70's or lower 80's...God Bless Texas!

Glad to hear you had fun. As our novice coordinator says, "welcome to your new addiction"

roman
01-17-2006, 01:00 AM
Oh yeah, it's an addiction alright. I go with 4 different clubs just because I can't get enough.

Boulder is a great town. I love it out there. I plan on moving out ot the Denver area in about 4-5 years.