PDA

View Full Version : Last Night....

AllOutRed90
01-14-2006, 04:05 PM
I was just leaving my small town that i live in. My engine was cold on my Automatic GTS, My engine was loud as i was going in the 80's out of town. I was in a hurry to pickup my GF from work. There was a car ahead, i passed it, not knowing that it was an easily aggravated Import hating mullet rider. It was a mid 90's Red Pontiac Firebird, I had my stereo on loud and my heater blasting, as it was could out. I could not tell if it was a v6/v8 or even if it was stock. To make my assumption after a little research, even the v6 has 100 more horsepower then my car. Im assuming it was a v6.

So back to my story, I went by it in my little hurry with my engine cold and my exhaust loud. He apparently saw my body kit, rims, and large muffler. He decided he could take me down, and discriminate against import drivers. So, he returns my going around him, with him slamming on the gas, and attempted to go around me. He made his way around me, as my car wouldnt go over 80 on a cold engine, due to those damn toyota creators. So he barely edged around me on that attempt. So he is infront of me, and my engine just then warmed up.

I drove behind it at about 75 mph for a moment or two. I then decided that i could show him up, and tried to slim my way around him. I started pulling on him, I edged around him. I reached the speed of 125 on my speedo, he his front wheel was at my back bumper. I was surprised my little car could go so fast, i thought there was a speed limiter? So i was slowly going past him, off in the distance i could so a light, a pair of headlights. I slammed on my brakes, looked over, pulled behind him, and won my little joyeous race. I past him one more time to show my victory over the mullet rider. He did not dare try me again.....

Sidenotes:
Raced a firebird and beat it at the top end. :bigthumbu

fiveSFE
01-14-2006, 05:48 PM
Good job

i think the 5th gens are limited at 125ish, back when i had my 93 gt i remember it would stop g oign at 125, but it still had about a thousand rpms left.

AllOutRed90
01-14-2006, 05:55 PM
ive brought mine up to 130 before.... Im thinking maybe that the 1990's didnt have the limiters or sumn....

evolution
01-14-2006, 06:11 PM
I dont think he was racing you, I think he was just riding your tail so you couldnt get back into his lane. I am guilty of this sometimes too. A firebird would still be pulling at 125mph

AllOutRed90
01-14-2006, 06:23 PM
Im pretty sure that he was racing on me still....

ocb_dave_ocb
01-14-2006, 06:32 PM
:givafuck: :saythat: :worthless

AllOutRed90
01-14-2006, 06:40 PM
thats impossible lol.... i left my camera at home last night, and positioning a camera while moving 125 is really hard i would beleive....

ocb_dave_ocb
01-14-2006, 07:13 PM
camera phone.. pic of you going 125 and another pic of the other car behind you..
Or if you cam phone is like mine you can do a full video with sound and everything

AllOutRed90
01-14-2006, 08:10 PM
What if i dont have a camera phone lol....

ocb_dave_ocb
01-14-2006, 08:37 PM
Don't be a puss go buy one.. They are the latest trend (waste of $$)....LOL then you can video all of your races and shiz....

TEAMFaint
01-14-2006, 09:09 PM
My bet is that he hadnt serviced his engine since he bought it. Domestics HP dies so easily if you dont look after your engine. So this is what I think:

Mullet + Firebird + Unserviced car = Lost at least 50 horsies since it came outta the dealership.

Dont forget how heavy these things are, even though the 5th gen is a heavy SOB, domestics still weight a few hundred pounds more.

AllOutRed90
01-14-2006, 10:59 PM
Ok well i figured out who the guy was, he deffinately wouldnt have gotten it serviced, hes a dumbass. I know him, and he is a major import hater, and he hates me in general too. We used to be freinds about 3 years ago. He was deffinately given it all he had. i think there were 2 of em in the car, and there was only one of me. He weighs a bit and so does the person in the passenger seat, my car was almost out of gas, and im sure he was prolly almost full lol.....

ill just take it as a win.....

Murgatroy
01-15-2006, 05:43 AM
My obligatory post. :D

AllOutRed90
01-15-2006, 03:19 PM
^^^ what does that mean?

Murgatroy
01-15-2006, 04:36 PM
I attempt to post in all street racing threads. But since I have made my feelings on the matter known and everyone is tired of me beating a dead horse, for the last several months, that is all I say. That way everyone that remembers, remembers. ;) :D

VikingJZ
01-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Oh yes. And yours is an automatic? Nice indeed. Someone on Ebay is selling a kit to put paddle shifting in an auto fifth gen.

Punisher
01-16-2006, 06:13 AM
Hm... welp.. I've done a buck thirty in my 90 gts.. that was gettin real close to redline tho.. the manuals have more balls to them because of the different gear ratios.. the auto's are nice when cruising on the hwy.. uses less gas.

I love that ECT tho.. my GF's 90 5th gen has it..

AllOutRed90
01-16-2006, 01:36 PM
where may i get this padddle shift kit, i cannot find it on ebay?

burnyd
01-16-2006, 06:32 PM
it was really cold one night 30's and my 3s hit fuel cut in my car.... not a good feeling. Its like everything just stops..... 4th gear shift 7000... then 5th hit 125 and just froze... really really really scary.....