PDA

View Full Version : Idle/Revving Problem - 88 Celica Convertible

Toskaj
01-12-2006, 10:02 PM
Hey there. I have a problem with my Toyota Celica. When I start it in the morning it's obviously cold and takes some time before it runs smoothly (I mean without a little jerkyness) but then when it starts running smoothly and I stop at a red light or sumthin it idles at 2000RPM and then when I tap the eccelerator it goes back down to 1000RPm which is ok. Then I take off again and its fine til I slow down or stop again and its like it sticks on 2000 grand until I tap the gas again.
I have had a mechanic give it full service, had the timing adjusted on 5 seperate occassions and the oil levels are ok.
Could u suggest a diagnostic of the problem? My mechanic is a bit baffled too.
Also, a smaller thing, all except the "high" airconditioner/heater fan speed buttons don't work. Any easy way to fix that?
Hope to hear from any1 soon. :-)

4thgenceli
01-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Hey there. I have a problem with my Toyota Celica. When I start it in the morning it's obviously cold and takes some time before it runs smoothly (I mean without a little jerkyness) but then when it starts running smoothly and I stop at a red light or sumthin it idles at 2000RPM and then when I tap the eccelerator it goes back down to 1000RPm which is ok. Then I take off again and its fine til I slow down or stop again and its like it sticks on 2000 grand until I tap the gas again.
I have had a mechanic give it full service, had the timing adjusted on 5 seperate occassions and the oil levels are ok.
Could u suggest a diagnostic of the problem? My mechanic is a bit baffled too.
Also, a smaller thing, all except the "high" airconditioner/heater fan speed buttons don't work. Any easy way to fix that?
Hope to hear from any1 soon. :-)
Welcome dood :)

1st thing... the idle... I know what you're talkin about. My celica did the same thing(4th gen GT). I know what the fix is... but can't think of it ATM.(stupid brain isn't working)

2nd thing... the AC/Heater problem... its with the electrical connections on it. The need the connections re-souldered.

Hope that helps(not much though ... :()