PDA

View Full Version : Hose ?

Dlux4life
12-29-2004, 10:27 PM
Hey guys..what and where does the hose that comes off of the oil cooler go..and what does it do..it is connected to the oil cooler and kinda does a J bend upwards...im having trouble finding out where it goes..i thinkt that it is the hose from hell though..so i am also looking to replace it no if i can.

ChrisD
12-30-2004, 01:42 AM
Yep thats the hose from hell.

http://img69.exs.cx/img69/8282/16sq.jpg

Toyota_Todd
12-30-2004, 04:41 AM
Don't let this hose leak for long! :nono: When my 'lil bro bought his car, this hose was going bad. He was trying to drive it home from PA to IN and he stopped at a rest stop for a break. Some guy said "is that your Toyota smoking?" and he said yes. He casually walks over and pops the hatch, gets a gallon of Toyota red coolant to top it off. He pops the hood, and is greated by a small flame coming from behind the exhaust manifold. :eek: Not thinking, he dumps the coolant on fire to put it out. NOTE: Coolant is flamable. The coolant makes the fire much bigger. :slap: He then drops the coolant and pours his rest area $1.50 Mountain Dew on the fire. :laugh: He got the fire out and nursed it on home and immediately tore it down in my garage. Just don't want anyone to have a close call like he did. Good luck and change that puppy....

galcrazi
12-30-2004, 01:11 PM
that hose is a biotch to get to... epesc with stock dp :)

Dlux4life
12-30-2004, 03:08 PM
Ok cool..and it connects to the two lines that are comming off of the water pump...is it just the colent supply line for the oil cooler?...just wondering!

ChrisD
12-30-2004, 03:33 PM
Yep.

Luni
12-30-2004, 05:37 PM
Yeah I paid 30 bux for a new hfh and the gaskets.

I paid 170 bux to have it replaced.. OUCH.