PDA

View Full Version : to every srt-4 owner...

Ricksta
01-08-2006, 02:45 PM
http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=3B696093-9EBF-4907-AE86-C56648EB06AE&p=1

Hiko
01-09-2006, 11:24 PM
Seeing the minivan vs. the srt4 made me remember turbominivan.com . Actually found the orginal, and if I'm not mistaken, the srt4 just blew the lauch and came back to win by .01 seconds.

Ricksta
01-10-2006, 02:21 AM
srt neons are so fucking gay....i shit on them and then my shit shits on them with thier shit......

fiveSFE
01-12-2006, 03:25 AM
i think that the maker of this video is probably a pissed off mustang owner, because his car is slow and gets walked on by srt's, the video is composed of other videos he found online, which is pretty gay. Anyone can find any car loosing to other cars online.

Im not a fan of either mustangs or srt4's, but i do respect them cuz they are both quick cars. I have one friend at work who has an srt4, right now his car in the shop and he is installing the Mopar stage 3 kit on it, the car already has alky injection, full 3 inch ehxuast, intake, and a bigger throttle body and it is already an extremely quick car.

The minivan in the video is no joke, anyone who has a bit of knowledge about dodges would know this, that mini van comes with a 2.2 litre turbocharged single cam engine, that have ALOT of potential. I have another friend here at work who has an 88 shelby charger with the same engine and it is walking on cars left and right on the street, it is a very fast car. Those vans have amazing potential and make a great sleeper.

And now the Galant in the video, I Assume this is a galant vr4, also no joke, comes with the 4g63 which is a proven engine that competes with the 3sgte.

I would like to know why you hate srt4's so much ricksta? you say they are gay and all, but i want to hear something to back up your statement.

I do hate the srt4 owners though, they are usually young kids who are way stuck up about their cars and are total dicks, even my friend at work says that the majority of srt4 owners are dicks.

cosmic_sombrero
01-12-2006, 04:35 AM
I do hate the srt4 owners though, they are usually young kids who are way stuck up about their cars and are total dicks, even my friend at work says that the majority of srt4 owners are dicks.

Pretty sweeping generalization, apt as it may be.

I would like to point out that anyone taking a shit on someone else's car (unless explicitly asked to by the owner of said car) is a dick in my book.

fiveSFE
01-12-2006, 07:33 PM
there are ALOT of srt4's in my area, and every one of them that i have met, have all turned out to be somewhat cocky about their cars, i didnt mean to say that all of them, but so far my impression is that they are stuck up dicks. They alwasy try to start up fights, pull out guns, etc at the spots where everyone meets up at, ruining it for most of everyone.

Hiko
01-12-2006, 10:25 PM
They alwasy try to start up fights, pull out guns, etc at the spots where everyone meets up at, ruining it for most of everyone.

:ugh: :nono:

Punisher
01-13-2006, 08:48 AM
SRT4's are fucking trash. Why do I say this? I am so fuckin sick of seeing them played up on TV and everywhere else. I'm also pissed off that the day of our lovely Celica's has passed us by.

Why does this piss me off? Because a 3sgte will walk on whatever the fuck comes in a factory riced up dodge neon.

Simply put, the fact that a stock 3sgte can run on a stock srt4 .. with 14yrs difference .. give or take a few years.. makes me laugh at the SRT4 which is played off to be such a bad ass contender in the ricer world. The fact that the 3sgte block is still in fine condition.. hell the whole motor has more of a life span on it than any srt4 motor will ever prove, i'm sure.

Just my 2cents.

Ricksta
01-13-2006, 10:32 AM
I would like to know why you hate srt4's so much ricksta? you say they are gay and all, but i want to hear something to back up your statement..
thier dodge neons...do i have to say anymore??!!? who doesnt frown upon a neon when they see one?!?! who doesnt talk some type of shit about a neon when they see one? especially some idiot who tries to rice it out.....neons will never be respected on the streets..//

Ricksta
01-13-2006, 10:33 AM
SRT4's are fucking trash. Why do I say this? I am so fuckin sick of seeing them played up on TV and everywhere else. I'm also pissed off that the day of our lovely Celica's has passed us by.

Why does this piss me off? Because a 3sgte will walk on whatever the fuck comes in a factory riced up dodge neon.

Simply put, the fact that a stock 3sgte can run on a stock srt4 .. with 14yrs difference .. give or take a few years.. makes me laugh at the SRT4 which is played off to be such a bad ass contender in the ricer world. The fact that the 3sgte block is still in fine condition.. hell the whole motor has more of a life span on it than any srt4 motor will ever prove, i'm sure.

Just my 2cents.
:owned:

TheNefariousOne
01-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Stock SRT-4 > any stock Celica, except maybe the All-Trac. This is strictly USDM we're talkin here. The turbo motor in those cars is just as capable as the 3sgte too...there are plenty of 400hp+ SRTs...can't say that about the 3sgte.

Just trying to offer the counterpoint.

TNO

Murgatroy
01-13-2006, 02:34 PM
The 2.2 litre Turbo II that came in the minvans and the Daytona/Charger Shelbys is no joke, those cars are quick. I have a buddy that has an `88 Daytona Shelby Z. I have driven it many times, and have thought about buying it just as many. That bastard is mean with plenty of potential.

Lots of ppl are going on about how domestic makers are just now cathing up to the Japanese cars with the likes of the Cobalt SS/Ion Redline and the SRT-4, what many ppl fail to realize is that domestic automakers were making turbo and supercharged cars back in the early 80's as well. Everyone thinks about the DSMs but what about the Chrysler Lancer? The ill fated Sunbird Turbo? The Dodge Omni GLH (Goes Like Hell) the best sleeper of all time HANDS DOWN. These cars might not have been super awesome, but domestic automakers have been making FWD hotrods for a while as well. Just try the Bonneville SSE out if you want a challenge, yeah it is a fat pig, but that is a hell of an engine.

Anyways this rant has little to nothing to do with this topic, I just can't stand ignorant statements that are basically autoracism. The 3SGTE is a superb engine, it is awesome, but it also has YEARS upon YEARS of factory and aftermarket support and R&D behind it. The SRT-4 has been out for how long? And it can do how much in that short time?

Fact>Opinion

GRUMPY514
01-13-2006, 04:13 PM
SRT4 Peons are gay :) agreed

Colossus20v
01-13-2006, 04:19 PM
This thread sux. SRT4s are ok cars. Its doesnt matter. Ricksta doesnt like them, oh well. For $20k they arent a bad car. You have to respect that. My friend has one. Its quick. They actually are going to stop making them I think 2006 or something because they are bringing something else out. So it was a nice run for the SRT4.

But this thread still sux.

Punisher
01-13-2006, 05:24 PM
They ain't bad for their price.

They have so much of a following now because it was the right car at the right time with a good price tag. That is why you see more 400+ hp SRT's than 3sgte's.

However, that is just what makes me not like the cars. The little snot bags that sit back in their neons thinkin they are unbeatable and they'll do anything to try and prove it... even drive like complete asshats.

3sgte@daspeedof
01-14-2006, 02:56 AM
Relax man, you must got some deep rooted anger issues, I love my celica's and my 3sgte, but at the end of the day its still just a car, and just a motor. With enough money, and time anything is possible.

Ricksta
01-14-2006, 03:09 AM
naw i got a toothache im very edgy..lol..........STFU BITCH!!!!!!!!!! ALKHDF;LASKDHF ;ALSKDHF ;ALSKDHF A;LSKDHF ;ALSKD HFLASKDHFUWIEYHF,MCBVIUWYEF :laugh: :stupid: :bigthumbu :lolhittin :arr: :saythat: :igiveafuc :nono: :madfawk: :liar: :popcorn: :bs: :ooo: :stfu: :luvydunno :eek2: :ban: :mswerd: :phatyo: :fuckoff: :rockon: :ohnoes: :bird: :waven: :/yourself

cosmic_sombrero
01-14-2006, 04:25 AM
Ricksta, I'm going to ask that you tone your language down outside of OT.

Excessive, pointless profanity (toothache or not) doesn't make you sound much better than the stereotype of the SRT4 driver that you are so disgusted by.

evolution
01-14-2006, 06:32 PM
there are quite a few 400hp+ mr2s with the 3sgte, not very many celicas tho. Little harder for us to pull that much with all our drivetrain loss. I bet you swappers have a big advantage there

Colossus20v
01-14-2006, 06:42 PM
Ricksta, I'm going to ask that you tone your language down outside of OT.

Excessive, pointless profanity (toothache or not) doesn't make you sound much better than the stereotype of the SRT4 driver that you are so disgusted by.
:stupid: This thread makes the site look bad. Let it drop now.

fiveSFE
01-14-2006, 07:23 PM
Im not the biggest fan of them, but i will say they are pretty nice cars, i drove my friends stage 3 srt4 the other day and the interior is put together pretty nicely, the seats hold you very well, the boost responce is awsome, all around it is a nicely put together car.

As for the srt4 ending production in 06, i heard from my friend at work that dodge and mitsubishi got together and built a concept car, that was looking promising, the car was powered by a Evolution 4g63, AWD and a hatchback, it was pretty ugly; but the dsms are making a comeback!

GT4SOM
01-15-2006, 04:30 AM
For 20k the car isn't so bad. I don't like them too much, I've been in the back seat of one. I don't get it, only the front windows were power? the rear were roll down? wtf? This car was fully loaded too. Anyways I must say, my share of srt owners have be pricks. And yeah mainly kids own them.

Murgatroy
01-15-2006, 04:51 AM
Was the Chrysler Conquest and the Mitsu Starion considered a DSM? I always wondered that. DSM literally means Diamond (Mistu) Star (Mopar) Merger. I know that it refers to the Talon/Eclipse/Laser in general, but would it also be used to refer to all the crossover rebadged cars? Including the Trucks and SUVs? Like the little Ram and the Raider? Eh, I digress even more. I have seen pics of the new concept with the Evo 4G63, it is ugly, but it is also AWD and turbo, so it does have some potential.

However, I will still take my Mopars in V8 flavor. :hehe: I just bought a M-Body with a 318. I think it will make a nice little sleeper. :D

Punisher
01-16-2006, 06:17 AM
Yea.. nothing like a sick little gas guzzler!

surfergravity
01-16-2006, 03:07 PM
DSM literally means Diamond (Mistu) Star (Mopar) Merger. I know that it refers to the Talon/Eclipse/Laser in general, but would it also be used to refer to all the crossover rebadged cars?
DSM is Diamond Star Motors.

defgeph
01-16-2006, 05:00 PM
Here is a video for you guys. A little backround before the video. This guy was trying to mess with a 5sfte (presure2), you know the usual I'm better than you rev, hard looks and all. So I floored it and kindly stepped in.

The chase cam is the 5sfte, the roll @ 70 MPH. The SRT had from what I could see and hear. triple gauges, 3inch exhuast, a nice puff of black smoe when he got on it, BOV, and a cocky additude. So this guy was not stock, but niether am I. :D

Click here (http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1VKGS9YMSH06C0A4YZJZJAFCBM)

I'd call this race a tie, we were side by side the whole time.
It may be fast, but its still a neon. :thumbsdow

Luis C
01-16-2006, 05:48 PM
Stock SRT-4 > any stock Celica, except maybe the All-Trac. This is strictly USDM we're talkin here. The turbo motor in those cars is just as capable as the 3sgte too...there are plenty of 400hp+ SRTs...can't say that about the 3sgte.

Just trying to offer the counterpoint.

TNO

I think that we would have to have a 2.4 lts 3S-GTE in order to do a fair comparison of engines per se. Discplacement makes a bif difference and it would not be fair to compare a 2.0 engine with a 2.4 IMHO.

BTW, how much HP is a strocked 3S-GTE engine putting out these days? :hehe: