View Full Version : Looking for options

3sgte@daspeedof
01-06-2006, 02:43 AM
I found a 91 Alltrac for $3000
White, JDM Corners, A few rust spots
Needs a Drivers side glass
But it has a motor from an 89 alltrac, 235k on the body
It would come cert. & etested

Heres the thing I had an 89 accord that kicked the bucket on dec. 28th, I've been looking for another car since then. Keeping in mind I need a daily driver for work.

1. Now I can buy this alltrac knowing I don't know the number of kms on the motor, and drive the car. Keep my swapped celica and work on it slowly.

2. Buy the alltrac, sell my car with a 5sfe in it, take my 3sgte and put it into the alltrac, when the stock motor dies

3. Don't buy the alltrac, keep my celica, find another car for 4000, and fix my celica over the spring

4. Buy a new tranny & a cluch for 600 and drive my swapped celica

Tommy91GT
01-06-2006, 07:33 AM
3000 for an Alltrac is a steal. Personnally I'd buy it, and keep the swap. Swap should be faster due to weight. After buying it I build it (exterior and interior not engine) to mirror the GTS. Then you can ultrabuild the swap and have a DD that you enjoy. Drop the boost down on the alltrac and go out and mess with some guys that you know you can't beat with the Alltrac, then invite them to the track for a little race and cash, drive the swap and stomp there ass. And of course if/when you marry you could have matching cars. THat's just my opinion. Of your 4 options, 4 is the most cost effective, but you won't have a second ride for when you work on the swap. 3 is the least cost effective. Why pass on a $3000 car to buy a $4000 car that probably won't last as long as the yota? Plus you could always drop the 5s in the altrac if the engine blows. Talk about a money maker there. Give it a drive, rip a couple of gears see how it is.

InitialD93
01-06-2006, 09:54 AM
i like option 1

MooseKnuckle
01-06-2006, 10:06 AM
They say 2 is better than 1. I enjoy having 2, and $3k is great deal to me. (Let me know if you pass on it ;))

3sgte@daspeedof
01-06-2006, 04:43 PM
yea I know just I just don't wanna put in any work on it right now, its too cold here in canada right now for me to be turning wrenches outside.

Tommy91GT
01-06-2006, 06:54 PM
Does it need wrench turning at this Time? Or you just worried about the engine?

TEAMFaint
01-06-2006, 08:59 PM
Option 5. Buy it, drive it to Alberta, drop it off to me where I'll buy it from you, and then take a plane back home :D