PDA

View Full Version : HELP car troubles

Dayze
01-06-2006, 12:51 AM
Posted this in the other forum and nobody replied and I noticed the dude with front problems had the same reaction then he came in this forum and everybody replied
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hey all I just ran into a problem with my car while my wife was takin it to work. It stalled on her and because I have a dead cell in my battery I had to pop the clutch anyway when I got it started the car kept trying to stall again so I revved it up more but when I did it wouldnt go past 3 grand on the rpm's. So I threw it in gear and took it for a spin around the block and the whole time it was fine went right past 3 grand so I stopped again and tried it from nuetral and it was fine. So I took her to work incase of any problems and it was fine. Now heres a list of what I know is wrong with my car so you guys can possibly help me better. Dead battery cell, Exhaust leak in back of car by muffler, missing drivers door mirror, low brakes, and thats it I know some of them dont apply but I said them anyway. Oh yeah my car idles really roughly it bounces between 1 grand and around 500 cant tell for sure on the exact rpm. Id appreciate a reply ASAP because Im getting my internet shut off tomorrow for about a month or two so I wont be on please help.

Mister2T
01-06-2006, 01:06 AM
sounds like ur car needs a good tune up

Dayze
01-06-2006, 01:41 AM
lol jus checked the injectors which the other dude suggested and it aint them. Although I did check me fluids and they are ALL low. I doubt low power steering fluid n shit would cause that lol.

urban_legend
01-08-2006, 12:41 AM
if your still able to read this it sounds to me like the car runs fine after it warms up a bit, whats causing it to do this i dunno, battery, alternator, i have no idea but it would be a good idea to take somewhere and have those checked...

Dayze
01-09-2006, 02:36 AM
I had the battery and alternator checked thats how I found out about the bad cell in the battery. Now my brother in law had a similar problem with his car (96 Cavalier) and he had a dead cell in the battery also he said when he got a new battery it was fine so Im hopin its that cause I have a brand new battery at my cousins I just have to get there. Oh and yes I can still read these sometimes only when I come down to my moms house.

Youds
01-09-2006, 05:31 PM
idle just isnt consistent or it actually fluctuates while idling?

Weasy2k
01-09-2006, 05:57 PM
O2 sensor can cause yuor idle to get all crazy
Sprak and ignition will cause the problems around the 3grand + mark if your saying it wont go past what do you mean...does it studder when it hits that point?