PDA

View Full Version : Noise at front left

mygtrcelica
01-06-2006, 12:01 AM
There's a clunking noise coming from the front left of my 1992 Celica GTR 4WS, when moving off (forwarding & reversing/backing-up) and a constant loud rattling/clunking noise when driving over uneven road surfaces, plus a twisting-of-rubbery sound/noise (not tyre) when cornering to the right (only). I was told it's CV Joint, but after inspections and testsÖ found out the problem isn't the CV Joint.

Read in manual and on website, itís the front stabilizer bushes and linkages needed replacing. Done that, but the problem still there. Canít find the problem and have no idea what it could be. Donít know where to look next! Anyone got any other ideas?

alltracman78
01-09-2006, 07:46 AM
Can you find anything else loose in there?
Strut mount?
A arm bushings?

Murgatroy
01-09-2006, 10:10 AM
Have you checked to see if your swaybar is loose? Check where it mounts to the body underneath the car. Chaos has this issue due to rust eating the mounting points out.

alltracman78
01-09-2006, 11:01 AM
I believe that is what he is referring to as the stabilizer bar.
Learn to interperet British English [Or Queens English, as I've been told it's called :P]

:D

Murgatroy
01-09-2006, 11:18 AM
Proper English would be the best term for it, as opposed to our Bastardized American English. Although I still question anyone who calls it al-U-min-EE-um. :hehe:

Tommy91GT
01-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Wheel Bearing. Jack the car up, put on stand (left side only), grab tire at 3 and 9 oclock and try to move it. Do the same at 12 and 6 oclock. If it moves the WB are shot. Pretty common on 5th Gens specially if its lowered