PDA

View Full Version : honda tranny???

urban_legend
01-04-2006, 02:50 AM
gots a question, maybe somebodys will know....

my honda does fine driving and shifting except from 3rd to 4th...its an automatic tranny and during shifting between those two gears it lags just a bit...it doesnt slip any at all after going in to gear it just takes a second for it to shift....any body have any idea what would cause this and any solution to it until i can sign up on a honda fourm and ask somebody there....

alltracman78
01-04-2006, 03:55 AM
It probably took longer for me to respond than it would take for you to sign up.... :P

It sounds like maybe a valve is sticking. Or not closing fast enough...
If it matters that much to you, try getting it flushed, and putting new fluid and filter in it.
Adding something like Lucas might help too.

hobbie2k
01-04-2006, 04:46 AM
That's probably your best bet for a first try. I tend to find that when an auto tranny starts acting up it either needs a flush, fill, and new filter, or it needs to be rebuilt. Hopefully it's the former, but it it's not, time for a manual swap :)

urban_legend
01-04-2006, 11:36 PM
thought about doing that...but i heard that if you flush it you might get air or something in it...if i have to rebuild then im gonna run it till it dies completely and then i am going for a swap...

hobbie2k
01-05-2006, 05:08 AM
maybe just try replacing the fluid (not flushing) and putting a new filter in...

Punisher
01-05-2006, 06:54 PM
Let a garage flush it.. Like Aamco if you gott hose down there..