PDA

View Full Version : 3sgte performance questions

TwistedImage92
12-29-2004, 02:34 AM
1which intercoolor should i use? i have a regular top mount air2air on my 3s right now (the motor is not installed yet) which is better (more horsepower), front or top mount?

2 is there anyone that sells cold air intake for a 3s? and how do i go about putting an intake on it? what is the thing on the airbox?

3 what are some good products that you guys have installed?

CelicaLaxer11
12-29-2004, 02:39 AM
1.a Frount Mount means more turbo lag but less heatsoak

1b. Top Mount A/A means shorter air travel, but heatsoak plus you need a scoop....

1c.I'd guess Front Mount is better unless you get a W/A intercooler :)

2. The thing on the box is a Mass Airflow Sensor? i think.. i dunno its prolly the wrong name but it detects the amount of air coming in. There is not a cheap way around it... your stuck with it more or less. Blitz and HKS make cone filters for it

3. Halon System

Aust162
12-29-2004, 07:28 AM
the thing on the airbox is the AFM (air flow meter). U need this for the car to run. As for a CAI, what most people do is buy and adaptor plate for the AFM so you can fit a pod/cone filter on. then build a box around it with a cold air feed tube.
Also look into the "straight intake" mod.

And good quality (properly sized)aftermarket Front mounts with good pipework can give no more or very little,if any turbo lag.

Edit: spelling