PDA

View Full Version : I got a Honda....

urban_legend
12-31-2005, 04:26 PM
yea i know 99% of people in here hate honda drivers...but oh well....i just got one an accord 92 model, off a good friend of mine that just signed up in the marines over the summer and is shipping out to iraq...i bought it for 1500,

KONIG 17" rims
MSD ignition box
Nology sparkplug wires
Swapped 2.2 engine
cold air intake
Performance supension drop
new headers and intake manifold
blackwidow body kit
racing steering wheel
glow gauges
street and strip automatic shift kit
front and rear sway bars

dont know much about honda's hopefully i wont recieve to much criticism on this but i should have pics up later today yea a little ricey and it needs a paint job but a little tlc and it would look nice i think....

oh and it out runs the dog shit out of my toyota camry V6 and this is only a 4 cylinder not turboed and automatic

Mister2T
12-31-2005, 04:30 PM
cool, looks like you got a deal with all the aftermarket stuff on it, post some pics.

david in germany
12-31-2005, 04:31 PM
There are numerous h car owners on the board. No hard feelings. Not a toyota but still better than a chevy :hehe:

Moving to General.

surfergravity
12-31-2005, 04:35 PM
Nah, I don't hate Honda-ers. My good buddy has a 97 civic, modded the f out and is a HondaTech.com freak. (pretty sweet stuff on there BTW)
Sounds like a good deal, bro.
Any pics?

hobbie2k
01-01-2006, 12:02 AM
What 2.2L is it swapped with? The H22? If so you got quite a deal, if not, it's still great.

btw - I hate Honda drivers, they are nothing but ricey hip-hop wannabees and they all should be ashamed of themselves for making "Fast and the Furious" a box-office hit...they're probably the same people who thought the "Blair Witch Project" was scary and/or artistic, and that Limp Bizkit was the most significant band of the 90s...

:hehe:

Mister2T
01-01-2006, 12:04 AM
hobby2k hate some people on here then, that is how some people has there celica's set up...

Needparts
01-01-2006, 12:10 AM
To each their own. H22 = the tourqe.....in hondas anyway

urban_legend
01-01-2006, 12:49 AM
2.2 F22A1 thats the engine in it....

nuspeed headers
msd super 6 AL
aem intake (CA)
street and strip shift kit
apexi n1 exhaust
sprint performance suspension
hi-compression valves and rods
konig rated R rims 17"
blackwidow bodykit
aerospeed predator style hood

new update list got the person i bought it from sitting right next to me...

hobbie2k
01-01-2006, 04:02 AM
hobby2k hate some people on here then, that is how some people has there celica's set up...

I'm just making fun :thefinger

If you hadn't noticed, I drive a Honda (a '93 Accord LX Wagon 5spd, to be exact), which is what makes my previous joke funny. Right now it's stock, but I'm hoping for an H22 swap this summer...should make it quite the sleeper...

Congrats on the purchase, man.

Snafu
01-01-2006, 07:17 AM
Wow, you bought a riced out Accord with an F22 in it... I bet it's fast...

urban_legend
01-01-2006, 07:04 PM
pretty quick id say 15's in the quarter not turboed just guessing

Punisher
01-01-2006, 08:44 PM
rofl a "swapped 2.2" in an accord isn't an F22A man.. they come stock..

It doesn't have headers either.. I'd hope not, but might be a new ricer style?

Also, fast? My brother has one and my mom has one..

They aren't bad.. I took the head off of my moms and had that worked over.. since it had a blown exhaust valve.. so it's in clean condition.. it ain't bad I'll give it that.

However, they handle like absolute trash.. but then again it's a 4dr sedan.. They are all torque because of their designed application.

My guess about the V6 Camry is that either the driver wasn't really racing or the engine was in poor shape.. Since you said it has a swapped 2.2 in it I am assume the motor was rebuilt or had very little mileage on it to begin with.

Specially since i can take a late 80's mod'd Prelude 2.0 Si in my GTS with stock motor...

Snafu
01-01-2006, 09:36 PM
pretty quick id say 15's in the quarter not turboed just guessing

Doubt it.

Punisher
01-01-2006, 09:55 PM
Yea, my GTS runs like 13's stock... duhh!!!

hobbie2k
01-01-2006, 10:22 PM
Based on the second list of mods, if they were done correctly, I don't think 15s are out-of-the-question. Also, 4th gen Accords actually handle quite well, all things considered. My Accord wagon would wail on the Camry I had in the corners (although the V6 Camry would own the Accord on the straights) and I've driven Celicas that certainly aren't any better handling...afterall, they're pretty much just a 2 door Corrolla. Perhaps the "trash" handling you're experiencing is caused by tire choice, or by some worn suspension or steering parts, or perhaps by your preconceptions about Hondas and sedans.

Also, if they have replaced the stock F22 with a different F22 (whether or not it's still factory spec), it's still a swapped motor, although I'll admit that the phrase "swapped 2.2L" is a little misleading.

Punisher
01-01-2006, 11:22 PM
Um.. whatever you said about handling.. yea.. sure.. they are fuckin boxes on wheels and have way to much body roll.. but seriously, you own a mad sick JDM accord wagon.. I don't need to say much more.

And the celica's don't handle much better? :laugh: .. I'll PM you my address so you can deliver me some of that fine shit you are smoking.

Tell me though.. which of these mad crazy performance mods gets 15s QT's?

KONIG 17" rims
MSD ignition box
Nology sparkplug wires
Swapped 2.2 engine
cold air intake
Performance supension drop
new headers and intake manifold
blackwidow body kit
racing steering wheel
glow gauges
street and strip automatic shift kit
front and rear sway bars

Maybe it's the huge rims..

Could it be the MSD ignition and the nology wires that adds maybe 1hp? Or maybe it's the cold air intake with that performance suspension..

Nah.. it's most likely the body kit and glow gauges.. I heard those add the most performance gains.. something in the way of 50 ricer power.. specially when combined with steering wheel and the automatic shift kit.. what will sets this accord apart is it's sweet set of headers.. they even include a new intake manifold! JAY DEE EM!

LIke I said.. we have 2 accords here.. 91 and a 92.. both with F22's.. that shit isn't going to make it mad fast yo! It makes it mad ricer.. but that's cool yo.

Schmleff
01-01-2006, 11:41 PM
holy harshness!

I don't think one is better than the other. There are just a lot more honda ricers out there than toyota ricers.

Punisher
01-02-2006, 12:00 AM
holy harshness!

I don't think one is better than the other. There are just a lot more honda ricers out there than toyota ricers.

I'd have to agree.. Accords aren't bad cars.. they are nice 4 door sedans.. I just don't prefer how they ride/control.. but then again it's a 4 door sedan and I don't make comparisons between the accord and my celica.. which I actually feel safe doing a 100mph in..

I just don't get why someone would want to rice out a 4door sedan that was made for families and old people.. :shrug:

hobbie2k
01-02-2006, 02:22 AM
Well, like I said in my post, you'll have to look at the SECOND list of mods to see the parts with potential. The high compression engine internals (assuming they actually increase the compression ratio), combined with a good intake and exhaust could put a well-driven Accord into the high 15s. The F22 isn't a bad motor, it's just choked to death. I've seen dyno slips where a catback and a CAI alone have liberated 20+hp at the wheels. With a good exhaust manifold and high-flow cat, and with a little tuning another 5-10 can be made available, then there's the modified internals, the intake manifold, and revised shift programming...all told, I'm sure it's enough to see 15s (though the wheels might be enough to keep it out).

And as far as my car is concerned, the "ricer" language is a joke on the fact that it's a Honda. It's stock and I do not pretend that it's fast, but it's one of the best-handling 4doors I've ever driven and it is easily a match for my ex-girlfriend's '92 Celica GTS (which I drove regularly for about a year). Why do you think most motoring journals considered the 4th gen Accord to be one of the best cars in the world?

(oh, and if you question my experience with sports cars in general, and thus, my ability to accurately quantify my experiences behind the wheel, I have owned 2 Nissan 240SXs, one with an automatic shift kit that made it almost as fast as the other manual, I have also owned a genuine, right-hand-drive, JDM Silvia as well as a number of other sporty imports. I have also owned a few American bombs including a Chevy Celebrity, a Buick Regal, a Ford F-250, and a Lincoln Continental, so I also know what BAD handling is like. Perhaps the culmination of my driving experiences, though, was the two hours I spent driving an R32 Skyline GT-R through the Adelaide hills, so I have the experience to know what I'm talking about).

urban_legend
01-02-2006, 04:19 AM
rofl a "swapped 2.2" in an accord isn't an F22A man.. they come stock..

It doesn't have headers either.. I'd hope not, but might be a new ricer style?

Also, fast? My brother has one and my mom has one..

They aren't bad.. I took the head off of my moms and had that worked over.. since it had a blown exhaust valve.. so it's in clean condition.. it ain't bad I'll give it that.

However, they handle like absolute trash.. but then again it's a 4dr sedan.. They are all torque because of their designed application.

My guess about the V6 Camry is that either the driver wasn't really racing or the engine was in poor shape.. Since you said it has a swapped 2.2 in it I am assume the motor was rebuilt or had very little mileage on it to begin with.

Specially since i can take a late 80's mod'd Prelude 2.0 Si in my GTS with stock motor...

nope my Camry and his honda both not revving at all and just taking off he kills me by at least a car length, whether i shift manually or not overdrive doesnt seem to work...

no the engine that came in it was a smaller honda engine with nitrous hooked up and it fried the rings and warped the pistons...

he put a f22 in it, with new JE valves and new rods and pistons engine only has like 35000 or 40000 miles on it...but ill let you think what you want...all up to you not worth arguing over i got the car for a steal and its pretty damn fast to not have NOS or a turbo

what year is your stock GTS and give me a couple of weeks to get insurance on it and get back from virginia long enough to take it to the drag strip and well see whats up with it....

:EDIT:

its 2 door not 4 yea let me tell you the kit man it adds so much horsepower and the rims another 10 or 12 then the blue painted interior thats at least worth 5 right???

haha bite my ass buddy ill race you if you didnt live in PA, but i can bet you one thing mine wont rust up anytime soon from all the salt yours takes in on a yearly basis...

Punisher
01-02-2006, 06:07 PM
I wouldn't be busting on it if it wasn't for the ricer shit.

Come on up to Allentown.. you can pick out about 50000000000000000000000000000 Riced out honda's.. and about 40000000000000000000000 of those are Accords.. You have no fuckin idea how sick I am of seeing riced out lowered accords that I abso-fucking-lutely had accords and honda's..

Now on to the truth...

It's a coupe.. didn't know that.. sorry

It's a 92.. which is weird that it didn't come stock with an F22.. maybe a previous owner put a smaller motor in it? Did the coupes not come with the F22? I know the pre 90's accord's came with smaller mostly carb'd motors right?

And what the hell is up with you and bashing my car sayin it's gonna rust? That's just mean :( ... I can't help that .... Besides, I try to take care of her the best I can with this shit :)

I hope you understand where I come from with the hating on the accords... I never said it wasn't a bad motor.. I've worked on them and they are good motors for what's under the valve cover.. with tons of torque in the lower RPMs.. They are just riced to shit around here and everytime I come up to one they never want to race.. or they get crushed.. because it's all rice.

You should get a nice set of rims.. like 15"'s.. and make that shit look respectable and do a few more engine mods.. or get an H22.. now that would be cool in my opinion.. w/ a manual swap.. See I respect real work.. hell, I make fun of people with riced out toyota's.. so I ain't player hating on just you... lol

And look under my name.. you can see I drive a 90 GTS.. soon to have a 3sgte.. with an alltrac motor converted to FWD LSD.. and a nice GT28RS turbo..

I'll let ya know how the race goes with this SRT-4 that this guy i owns when my swap is done.. Then you can decide if you still wanna race someone who is into true speed and not body kits w/ rims.. :)

Btw, I should note.. it was your buddies.. you didn't put body kits and huge ass clown rims on it, so chillax man.

hobbie2k
01-02-2006, 09:10 PM
I understand you hating on riced Accords, I do to. But just because it's an Accord with rims and some "style" mods doesn't mean it's also slow, or that it deserves to be bashed. Also, I don't understand why you respect it more now that you know it's a coupe...there's no real difference in the way the coupe drives and handles than the sedan or wagon, it's just a little bit lighter. Same engine, steering, and suspension, only with 2 doors instead of 4 or 5.

I personally like the sedan and wagon better because they're NOT as sporty, that means that when I get my H22 swap done, I'll have a real sleeper, after all, who would suspect an Accord Wagon? I'm even planning on keeping the stock steel wheels...or maybe get a set of stock EX 15" alloys, but nothing bigger.

Stromm
01-02-2006, 10:54 PM
...Not a toyota but still better than a chevy :hehe: ...

OUCH! Some of us here even own Chevy's. But, my 94' ImpalaSS ain't a shoebox car either and easily does low 13 quarters all day long. Only thing I've done is a new tranny, PCM and ram-air intake. Still need to put headers with 2.5" pipes on it and make a set of 3.42 gears. But I like my 75mph@1600rpm and 28mpg freeway cruising.

Now if I can find a reasonably way to get an "oem" type air intake pipe for the wife's celi, she'd be happier. Ain't no way I'm paying the $90+ toyota wants for an oem tube of plastic.

Stromm
01-02-2006, 11:04 PM
which I actually feel safe doing a 100mph in...

You wouldn't feel safe at even 80mph if you'd seen the accident photos I've seen of celica's going over 75mph. The one car clocked at over 95 bounced off the center barrier, rolled and split in two pieces ejecting the 2 teenagers, tearing the front seats and seat belts out with them.

Not to mention the photo of a 95 celica being hit broadside by a roadmaster. Kids ran a red light and got hit by granny doing 55. Totalled the celica, did $6k to the roady. One of the kids went to the morgue, the other spent 2 weeks in ICU. The little old lady only broke her arm due to the type-1 air bag hitting it.

I'll take my 4800LB Chevy for safety any day over a two-door.

urban_legend
01-02-2006, 11:08 PM
alright all good then i thought you were bashing me for it, yea its kitted and dropped but its all good i got it for the engine....

i like the 17" rims its my first set lol everything else i drive has 14" and 15" stockies on it even my celica...

my bad on the rusting, just trying to get back at you...
not many ppl around here do that to accords just civics put 18 and 19 inch rims on them and paint it and its automatically fast...i believe i am the only one i augusta georgia that has a celica in the works of being turboed at least a 5th gen that is...i saw one on my way to elberton to see my girlfriend with a carbon fiber hood but ive yet to see him/her drive it, its only been sitting in the yard....

Morwan
01-02-2006, 11:25 PM
I'll take my 4800LB Chevy for safety any day over a two-door.

I hate that line of thinking. A 2500lb coupe will always be able to avoid accidents better than a 6000lb SUV. People who buy heavier cars 'for the safety' do so because they suck at driving. You'll get into more accidents, but just because the other car is taking more damage, it's somehow safer for you. That's just a douchebag thing to do.

hobbie2k
01-03-2006, 12:38 AM
I hate that line of thinking. A 2500lb coupe will always be able to avoid accidents better than a 6000lb SUV. People who buy heavier cars 'for the safety' do so because they suck at driving. You'll get into more accidents, but just because the other car is taking more damage, it's somehow safer for you. That's just a douchebag thing to do.

Exactly, if we all drove 3000 lb cars then everyone would be better off in an accident. We'd all have an easier time avoiding them and we'd all have an easier time surviving them. On top of that our average fuel economy as a nation would go up dramatically, we'd reduce our dependance on ALL oil (not just the foriegn kind), and also significantly reduce emissions.

The truly sad thing is that it's the selfish, fearful people like that who are more likely to survive and that just reinforces the idea that it's a me-vs.-everyone-else world. Maybe I should go buy an F-350 with a 6" lift and 2000lbs of accesories, that way when your Impala and me collide, you'll die and I'll survive...at least until you go buy an International CXT...

As for people who think you need a pickup or SUV for winter, I'll tell you that's bull. The two WORST winter vehicles I've ever driven were both borrowed 4x4 pickups, one couldn't even get out of the driveway, when my parent's Sentra had no problem. The reason? My parent's had good tires, the trucks had bad tires. Most people I meet who think they need 4wd for winter only need it because they aren't willing to invest in some good tires and a little winter practice...

BTW - :jacked:

hobbie2k
01-03-2006, 12:41 AM
You wouldn't feel safe at even 80mph if you'd seen the accident photos I've seen of celica's going over 75mph. The one car clocked at over 95 bounced off the center barrier, rolled and split in two pieces ejecting the 2 teenagers, tearing the front seats and seat belts out with them.

I'll agree with that one, though. But any car (even your SS or a Suburban) would be a mess after an 80mph crash.

alltracman78
01-03-2006, 01:00 AM
Good to see we can still get along. :)

Regarding the Celica being a 2 dr Corolla.
Wrong. Not even close. The Celicas chassis is stiffer [note curve instead of box]. ect, ect.

As for one breaking apart in an accident, it was the way it hit. A Celica has a very stiff chassis. It might not be able to take a 4000 + lb boat T boning it, but not much will....What do you think the "Roady" wouldn've looked like had the Celica hit it the same way?.....
It is definitly built better than any modern Chevy....

The truly sad thing is that it's the selfish, fearful people like that who are more likely to survive and that just reinforces the idea that it's a me-vs.-everyone-else world. Maybe I should go buy an F-350 with a 6" lift and 2000lbs of accesories, that way when your Impala and me collide, you'll die and I'll survive...at least until you go buy an International CXT...Well said. :)

Stromm
01-03-2006, 02:04 AM

You misunderstand my "line of thinking". We were talking about safety, not avoidance. I don't really want to start an arguement, but please do some real research (versus listening to your friends) before jumping to conclusions.

That you take a personal stab (big car drivers suck at driving) speaks of your maturity and lack of wisdom. I've driven all sizes in my 25 years of driving. I choose to drive a big, powerful, tough car because I CAN handle it. I don't like small cars because there's too many stupid drivers on the road these days. Too many people thinking they have the right of way over everyone else.

My beast of a car is more able to absorb damage without transferring it to the occupants than any celica and all but the most expensive two-doors. Having a large four door sedan does not make one prone to having more accidents. In fact, that's been proven otherwise. Look at the statistics on the NTSA site and many insurance sites. Bigger cars have less accidents and less occupancy injuries. Airbags have helped the smaller cars, but the in-expensive way most small/med cars are built, there's no replacement for mass.

I won't include large SUVs, as I don't know those statistics. And most people that drive those think they should perform just like the small economy car they used to have.

Also, most large car drivers are aware they have to be more careful. Tell me how many small car drivers you know who think that.

Now, as to avoidance, that's mostly the skill and wisdom of the driver. I can't count how many times some dimwit in a small-medium size car has blindly attempted to use the space I was in. If it wasn't for my attention, they would have hit me. Small car drivers (at least around here) have a nasty habit of "slipping" in between cars and cutting in and out of lanes. Don't see too many large four door sedans doing that.

Also, as a teacher and parent, I know first hand of more accidents relative to small car drivers than large car drivers (percentage wise).

What amazes me is the mentality of small car drivers who think they can do things better than larger cars. Examples: Stop faster, Turn faster, accel faster, zig/zag quicker...

SOME larger cars do things better than most smaller cars. From 70mph my car will easily stop in less than 120'. Lets see any non-racing celica do that. I am shocked how many times small cars ride my a$$. I tap the brake, but they don't back off. If I slammed on the brakes, there's no way in heck they'd not rear-end me.

Not to mention my 255's and better shocks/swaybars give me a tight, flat handling which scares my friends. The car just keeps grabbing and grabbing and not breaking loose. I pulled multiple .92g skidpad test and 80mph 600' slaloms.

I'd love to have a "BACK OFF you schmuck, I stop quicker than you think!" bumpersticker, but I don't put anything on my paint :)

The Biggest advantage I'll give most small cars is front wheel drive. Don't get me wrong, I love my RWD, but there are times I miss the FWD my 350hp 88' LeSabre T-Type had.

Stromm
01-03-2006, 02:09 AM
I'll agree with that one, though. But any car (even your SS or a Suburban) would be a mess after an 80mph crash.

There's pics floating around the net of an Imp which rolled about 6 times from a 95mph accident. The windows were blown out, but the doors still opened/closed, engine started, driver wasn't hurt but really bruised up. Wheels were still on, but spindles were bent to hell. He bought it back from the insurance company, put $8g into it and still drives it. Most of the cost was for a junkyard body.

Stromm
01-03-2006, 02:31 AM
The truly sad thing is that it's the selfish, fearful people like that who are more likely to survive and that just reinforces the idea that it's a me-vs.-everyone-else world.

WOW, you guys are touchy and make things personal!! Your assumptions about me are groundless and wrong. I drive a big car due to 25+ years of what experience has taught me about other drivers. Not fear or selfishness, just simple wisdom. However, I also KNOW how to drive a big vehicle (even large box-trucks) and small high-hp cars.

It's not a me vs everyone else world, it's everyone else vs me. THAT's called DEFENSIVE DRIVING and is what people are supposed to learn but usually ignore.

Maybe I should go buy an F-350 with a 6" lift and 2000lbs of accesories, that way when your Impala and me collide, you'll die and I'll survive...at least until you go buy an International CXT...

Don't put words in my mouth. No where did I say BIGGER is ALWAYS better. There's a limit which is defined by the training of the driver and limitations of the vehicle. Large lifted trucks are not safe for every day use. Lifting is meant for off-roading and not condusive for road-handling. Personally, I think "SUV"s should be replaced with wagons excepting for cargo/rural use.

I didn't buy my car so it'd kill the other car's occupants. I DID buy it because I'm safer in it than a smaller car. And because I'm 6'2.5" with 37" legs and like room in my car.

Also, I'm accept that there's always the exception to the standard.

As for people who think you need a pickup or SUV for winter, I'll tell you that's bull. The two WORST winter vehicles I've ever driven were both borrowed 4x4 pickups, one couldn't even get out of the driveway, when my parent's Sentra had no problem. The reason? My parent's had good tires, the trucks had bad tires. Most people I meet who think they need 4wd for winter only need it because they aren't willing to invest in some good tires and a little winter practice...

God, ain't that the truth. I see more 4WD trucks, SUVs and sport trucks (subaru's) in ditches around here than any other car. Simply put, stupid drivers. Driver's who don't think they need to learn new skills to drive those different vehicles. Or that 4WD means they won't get stuck :) Like you wrote, many never think about the fact their SUV has all-season street tires on it.

My wife thought I was just being a guy for having Summer and Winter sets of wheels/tires. Till I took her out in the snow on both and showed her the wisdom of skinny winter tires on a big heavy high torque RWD car.

Try not to make thing personal.

Lagos
01-03-2006, 02:55 AM
OK KIDS.... CALM DOWN

this thread is about urban_legend buying a new car. this is not about trucks, suvs, rust, rice, snow, my mom being better then you mom, insults or car accidents. stop bashing eachother or this thread is getting closed. this isint an offtopic free for all .

hobbie2k
01-03-2006, 03:52 AM
For Stromm (and I apologize, Lagos for the :jacked:, this will be my last):

I didn't mean it to be personal, but I've been hit with the attitude I was describing quite often (and living in a rural area means there's just that much more of it). I personally like some large cars and considered buying a Olds Cruiser Wagon for a while (I also like the mid-90s Towncars). But this was especially bad when the fuel prices were at their worst. I work at a gas station and when 100 people would complain to me a night about prices I tend to get a little frustrated, so when a guy comes in with a $75 gas bill for his Escalade and yells at me about prices I suggest that maybe he should think about getting an efficient car if he's so poor, like my Camry. He said, "Yeah, if I wanted to drive a death-trap, you know what would happen if I hit you? My family wouldn't be the one that's crying." That's not the only time I've had that experience and the only logical solution is to get a bigger vehicle than the other guy, thus my F-350 comment, and with a lift, my truck's strongest point would be hitting his weakest point. Your car isn't so much a safety hazard to small cars because the real issue isn't weight, it's impact compatability, the fact that a truck's strongest point is running into a car's weakest point. I was complaining more about truck's and SUVs.

In fact, my 240SX convertible was rear ended in CA by a lady in a raised pickup. I was lucky to survive that accident, even luckier that I wasn't seriously injured. She ended up with her oil pan inside my trunk and my spoiler hit the back of my headrest and then the top of the windscreen as it flew off...missed my head by inches. This happened because she wasn't paying attention on a cell phone.

As for the handling, accident avoidance, and statistics issues...They have more to do with WHO is driving rather than what they are driving. Most accidents are caused by young, agressive drivers, who can usually only afford small cars, or want a sportier car. That would explain the accident statistics for small, sporty cars. The fact still remains that my Honda would outbrake and outhandle most large cars, trucks, and SUVs from the same period (your's being the exception because of it's sportier brakes and tires) and therefore be better able to avoid an accident, however, the real secret to safety is being able to avoid being in the POSITION to be in an accident in the first place, and that is where the big, expensive cars owned my older, more experienced drivers gain most of their safety advantage. That's why I don't tailgate, I don't outrun my headlights and always check my blindspot and I've never had an at-fault accident.

Back on topic, congrats on the car, Urban. Send us pics uber quick and get her to the track so we can settle this issue.

Snafu
01-03-2006, 05:13 AM
Well, like I said in my post, you'll have to look at the SECOND list of mods to see the parts with potential. The high compression engine internals (assuming they actually increase the compression ratio), combined with a good intake and exhaust could put a well-driven Accord into the high 15s. The F22 isn't a bad motor, it's just choked to death. I've seen dyno slips where a catback and a CAI alone have liberated 20+hp at the wheels. With a good exhaust manifold and high-flow cat, and with a little tuning another 5-10 can be made available, then there's the modified internals, the intake manifold, and revised shift programming...all told, I'm sure it's enough to see 15s (though the wheels might be enough to keep it out).

Um... show me those dyno slips. I've two of my friend accords, both threw a N/A dyno of 110 whp (intake/exhaust/header), and roughly 190 after 7 psi. I call bs.

Punisher
01-03-2006, 08:43 AM
Not to be an ass.. technically speaking.. but I was just thinkin about this thread.. "I got a Honda"

and I associated that with "I got an asshole" :shrug:

Kthxbye

TheNefariousOne
01-03-2006, 08:57 AM
190hp after 7 psi isn't bad tho...

TNO

hobbie2k
01-03-2006, 06:34 PM
Um... show me those dyno slips. I've two of my friend accords, both threw a N/A dyno of 110 whp (intake/exhaust/header), and roughly 190 after 7 psi. I call bs.

Well...lets see, stock rating is 125hp at the crank that works out to be roughly 85-90 hp at the wheels (of course those motors have probably got some miles so they probably don't develop quite as much as their stock rating, as well) so let's say about 80 whp stock...110hp with the intake/exhaust/header is a 30hp increase... I claimed 20 from intake/exhaust and another 5-10 from header/timing and other mild tuning...

Sounds about right to me. Also, I might add that the stock dyno slips I saw were probably from cars with clogged air filters and rusted exhausts which would explain why they were only make 75-80 whp...

urban_legend
01-03-2006, 11:14 PM
let me get the insurance on it and ill dyno it for you but i still bet it runs 15's...

ohh and i got pics

alltracman78
01-03-2006, 11:17 PM
SOME larger cars do things better than most smaller cars. From 70mph my car will easily stop in less than 120'. Lets see any non-racing celica do that.

I bet mine will... :D My GTS would've done even better probably [lighter].
What suspension mods do you have done? The swaybar? And larger wheels/tires?

Also, out of curiosity, why the hell would you prefer a large, powrful fwd to a large, powerful rwd?

urban_legend
01-03-2006, 11:52 PM
pics are up in the gallery under membership pics

Punisher
01-04-2006, 02:51 AM
buwahahahah! it has an R-Type badge and an NRA sticker.. You have no idea how many of those exact same beat to hell Honda's I see in one day.. whats one more to laugh at? 'Nuff said.

Celicaguy13
01-04-2006, 08:37 AM
LOL that's all i have to say about it.

P.S. buwahahhahahahhahahhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaahhhaahhhh!? .

urban_legend
01-04-2006, 11:32 PM
and all i have to say is umm...i bought the car like that...havent got to work on it yet... yall can kiss this white american ass... i must laugh at your disrespect toward a fellow celica owner i have 3 of them stop hating...

P.S. read my quote besides :givafuck: :thefinger

Morwan
01-05-2006, 06:32 AM
That you take a personal stab (big car drivers suck at driving) speaks of your maturity and lack of wisdom. I've driven all sizes in my 25 years of driving. I choose to drive a big, powerful, tough car because I CAN handle it. I don't like small cars because there's too many stupid drivers on the road these days. Too many people thinking they have the right of way over everyone else..

You're the only person I've ever met/talked with who had that line of thinking. Every person I've met/talked with who's bought a large car for 'safety reasons' did so because they wouldn't take the brunt of the damage. Kudos to you for knowing how to handle a large, powerful car, but you're probably in the minority.

I didn't make it clear, but I was trying to talk about your 'average driver'. You know, the ones who forget that lane changes require turn signals and checking your blind spot. I admit that I do drive with a passive version of the 'me versus the world' point of view (I call it automotive paranoia). I assume every driver around me is a moron and can't drive. Because of this, I see the problem as people being fucking retarded: put them in smaller cars and they'll cause less damage to me and each other.

The real problem is that I'm a bitter young man... So take anything mean I say with a huge grain of salt.

Lagos
01-05-2006, 07:38 AM
thanks for uploading your car to the garage feature. its nice to see people using it!

so what are your plans for the car? looks like it needs a fair bit of body work and some paint.

guys stop hating, he said this is how the car was when he bought it. its not like he did all that stuff to it himself.

urban_legend
01-05-2006, 11:18 PM
appreciate the support lagos...im gonna mold the sides and get a new rear bumper i dont like that one...then ill mold it...

theres a really beautiful dark blue paintjob up under the primer white its got some sort of flake in it...it looks almost black...gonna try and remove the primer and match the color up and repaint it that color...

im gonna redo the exhaust it is straight piped all the way back and is extremly loud like cop attracting loud, ill probally put a resonator on it might split the pipe to make dual exhaust just to cover the other rear bumper hole for a while...

gotta get new tires front ones got like 70% tread on them, gotta buy new door panels cause the old ones are painted blue and white...new dash accessories there also blue, 'some racing seats, remove the rear seats and custom fiberglass 4 10" subs in the whole rear

20% tint all the way around...

i got a 2 tier carbon fiber wing, but im gonna modify the brackets like shorten them so the wing is shorter,

angel eyes w/ halo projectors head lights and some form of new tail lights i dunno yet....

all this in no particular order probally the lights and door panels and stuff like that first...

h22 swap maybe to a manual tranny also but this is much later much much later i still got a celica i got to put an engine in to make room to drop another one....

and to make my car 2 seconds faster in the quarter im gonna get me one of those carbon fiber gas cap covers....

Stromm
01-10-2006, 01:06 AM
I bet mine will... :D My GTS would've done even better probably [lighter].
What suspension mods do you have done? The swaybar? And larger wheels/tires?
Stock size tires, METCO's upper/lower rear control arms with a larger (%96 stiffer than stock) rear swaybar and a F-Body front Sway bar (%25 over stock. Monro Severe Service shocks (same as taxi's and police cars) but nothing else suspension wise.

Also, out of curiosity, why the hell would you prefer a large, powrful fwd to a large, powerful rwd?

Handling and the "pull" that a good FWD car can give you during cornering. I used to love pushing the slide the front wheels barrier. Finding that point where you're just at the edge of breaking loose or pulling the car through the corner with good sticky tires. I can't bring myself to like drifting even though most of my students think it's awsome. I guess that makes me old at 36.

Of all the cars I've owned (including the just for fun or scare the hell out of me cars) I really miss my 88' LeSabre T-Type with a GNX turbo engine mounted to a beefed up trans-axle. It was putting 320hp/400tq to the front wheels (255s) and was eating ImpalaSS, Mustangs, Vettes, Porche's, etc. for snacks. Sadly one Summer-morn a stupid guy driving a rental truck tore the front off while it was parked outside my soon-to-be-wife's house. Ins wouldn't cover the engine/tranny upgrade so I took the money they gave me and bought my Imp. Not to mention since I couldn't give them the original engine, they kept the GNX engine I could have sold for $12g. The dealership's owner "lent" it to his son and put the GNX engine in it. He only put 12000 miles on it over 6 years. I only had that car for 4 myself and the odo read 26000 when it was totalled out.