PDA

View Full Version : Video of the Week 3

Trance4c
12-30-2005, 06:46 PM
Video of the Week

Week #2: F1 at its best, err, worst (Kudos to Clayton)

F1 at its worst! (http://www.celicatech.com/trance4c/formula.wmv)

As if Celicatech.com wasnt already entertaining enough, we did it again! Welcome to the Video of the Week section. We will provide you with another Video of the Week every week for your viewing pleasure.

Please right click, and save target as. You might need special Codec to view certain films, I highly suggest Quick Time, or Winamp.

I have hundreds of videos to choose from, from road racing, Top Gear, 5th Gear, street racing, Dyno runs, F1, Rally, you name it! Please PM Sean (me ) your suggestions for future Video's.

Happy Viewing

surfergravity
12-30-2005, 07:26 PM
Wow. Great vid, that stuff is incredible. Really shows how dangerous it can be. Anyone who says racecar driving isn't a sport should think twice after watching this.

Sean
12-31-2005, 02:28 AM
Thanks Clayton, I put it back to the Vid of the week format.

I watched a video from 5th gear, where they put a f1 car up against a m5. What was entertaining was to see a dose of the training they are required to go through! I forget the number exactly, but I believe they stated for every 1% body fat extra, equated to an extra .25 of a second per lap.

InitialD93
12-31-2005, 04:35 AM
i hate the way open wheel cars always break the wheels off, i mean if they just bearly tag somthing the wheel comes off and then they have no control. seems to be the major reason i dont watch F1 or INDY, cars are just way too fragile. Give me some rally or touring cars or Grand Prix anyday.

Lagos
12-31-2005, 05:20 AM
thats nuts... really makes you wonder why they dont put more of a roll cage around the top of the car. it looks like the drivers can get killed if their car flips.

Trance4c
12-31-2005, 11:49 PM
i hate the way open wheel cars always break the wheels off, i mean if they just bearly tag somthing the wheel comes off and then they have no control. seems to be the major reason i dont watch F1 or INDY, cars are just way too fragile. Give me some rally or touring cars or Grand Prix anyday.

Ya.. but that gives way to better drivers that understand the needed space around a car instead of NASCAR drivers that don't care and just bang into one another - all personal opinion though, but I believe knowing when to give room is just as professional as making a good pass.

thats nuts... really makes you wonder why they dont put more of a roll cage around the top of the car. it looks like the drivers can get killed if their car flips.

Actually, the air inlet above their heads has a roll bar built into it that is apart of the monocoque shell. But, that is a real danger in this sport.. many great drivers have died in F1.