PDA

View Full Version : help wanted

renegadeoflove
12-30-2005, 02:02 AM
I have a 1990 GT liftback im new to the tuning world what would be some power adders that are cheap and what sites can i find them on and what wuld b better for power doin a 3sgte swap and putting a turbo on it or keeping my 5sgte and turboing it??? any help is welcomed i just want to make my baby as fast as it can b thnx

SuperWhite92
12-30-2005, 02:28 AM
1) periods are your friend
2) most of your abbreviations abbreviated one letter
3) take a look around this forum. So much of tuning is based around your individual goals and budget. It's gonna be a different answer from each person, for each person.

4thgenceli
12-30-2005, 03:00 AM
Welcome.

It depends. The 5sfe has been turboed sucessfully. Unsure of the limits on it though. The 3sgte has been tuned to I think appx 400hp?(someone correct me if I'm wrong).

http://celicatech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15

:)

Cheers:)

You'd find more info in the FI forum..

jaded_driver
12-30-2005, 04:59 AM
I have a 1990 GT liftback im new to the tuning world what would be some power adders that are cheap and what sites can i find them on and what wuld b better for power doin a 3sgte swap and putting a turbo on it or keeping my 5sgte and turboing it??? any help is welcomed i just want to make my baby as fast as it can b thnx

Um, I don't know much about the Celicas yet, but do you have the GT or the GTS? If you have the GT doesn't it have the 4AZ something-another engine? does it have the 5SFE?

Another thing, lol figure out your engine first. You don't have a 5SGTE, I'd like to have one but you don't, if you did you won't be asking for power you'd want control.

Power wise, on the 5SFE... turbo? lol other than that IMO its not worth wasting your money one. I've already done so.you can probably get roughly 170-180hp out of it tweaked and tuned... just not worth it to me...

Save ur cash, work on your handeling, and you cosmetics, and than swap a 3SGTE when you can. (no clue how much that involves money wise... :( alot i know)

just my $.02

Murgatroy
12-30-2005, 10:57 AM
First, the 5SFE is what came in all USDM GT and GT-S. The 4AFE was only in the ST. The 3SGTE comes with a turbo on it, the only Celica engine with a turbo factory.

The price is about the same to turbo the 5SFE or swap a 3SGTE. It comes down to how much time and know how you have or want to invest.

Stick around and read as much as you can and you will find the answers to all your questions.

Oh, and the search is your friend.